[Game Update] - 230103

• Developer

The following changes were made to make the beginning of the game easier to deal with disease, while keeping disease management a factor in later stages:

• Significantly increased speed of disinfection
  • Made disinfection an automatic chore with an adjustable threshold in the disease overlay
  • Increase the speed of Food Poisoning germ die-off on buildings and ore
  • Increased the speed of using the Wash Basin
  • Improved messaging for disease management

Bugfixes:

• Burying a Dupe with Food Poisoning should no longer cause the game to crash
  • Using the Hydrofan should no longer cause a crash
  • Dupes should no longer forget to use Lavatories
  • Increased Wash Basin delivery priority
  • Refrigerator gauges should now work even without power

View full update

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I can definitely see it getting annoying, I set the slider to the maximum but my dupes still keep disinfecting a bunch of tiles adjacent to a swamp biome even though the slimelung spreading into them isn't a threat.

Edited by Michi01

2 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Made disinfection an automatic chore with an adjustable threshold in the disease overlay

The max slider value is only 100k when slimelung can get up to 1mil on tiles? This makes it so dupes are constantly disinfecting the other tiles of your base (that touch adjacent slimelung tiles). I had to turn the disinfect job off for all my dupes currently, as those outer tiles constantly go over 100k germs, but are no threat to my base. Since germs can sometimes even go over 1mil, I suggest the slider going to 2mil+.

Basically I can't play anymore, half of my Dupes are constantly disinfecting tiles in swamps biomes, because I built tiles in them to keep the germs out of the air (it works well, if there is not too much polluted oxygen)

When they disinfected it, the blocks just keep being re-infected and the Dupes go to disinfect them again, and again... And they ignore EVERY other tasks for it, it's unplayable :/

As said just before, the cap is 100k but some disinfected blocks are switching back to 1 million in a few seconds. And disabling all these tiles takes forever.

Some Dupes even disinfect tiles where I disabled the auto-disinfection!

Set a box to uncheck auto-disinfection completely please :/

Edited by Nekobi
Spelling errors...

1 hour ago, FloomRide said:

or you can just adjust the slider

been playing in the new build for a few solid minutes, it's actually much easier to disinfect

and since we can't destroy ruins they are part of the auto disinfect.  Endless cycle of disinfection.  The slider as was stated earlier doesn't go high enough to not disinfect

13 minutes ago, Jcheung said:

I think you can disable the job in job menu from what i saw on discord. Haven't had a chance to play

Yes, but then there are two choices, nobody is allowed to disinfect, so you can't disinfect important things manually unless you go back to the jobs tab, or at least one or more Dupes are constantly disinfecting forever :/

Even before the update it was a good idea to divide the base into clean and dirty regions and only let selected dupes into the dirty parts via airlock access rules to keep germs under control. Now all you need is to disable the disinfect job for dupes that you let to go to the highly infected areas so they don't try to disinfect them.

I agree it's a workaround but it will let you play until Klei finds a better solultion if it's still needed.

01LHaFF.jpg

4 hours ago, Kasuha said:

Even before the update it was a good idea to divide the base into clean and dirty regions and only let selected dupes into the dirty parts via airlock access rules to keep germs under control. Now all you need is to disable the disinfect job for dupes that you let to go to the highly infected areas so they don't try to disinfect them.

I agree it's a workaround but it will let you play until Klei finds a better solultion if it's still needed.

01LHaFF.jpg

I know we have been disagreeing on this but I have never had to do this.  I allow all 12 dups free roam and do not have any disease issues.  Just avoid PO2 and I ignore the whole thing.  Not nice to have them disinfecting when it was not an issue.  I would rarely do manual disinfect just because I was OCD on my main base but this slider sucks.