Unknown area behind Security door not revealed

I came across what must be the new feature of leftovers of previous inhabitants. It looked like a dark unknown area with obviously high-tech door entrance.

The could be opened by a dupe (by "giving sample" of his DNA) and after that I can close/lock/open the door as any other door.

However, the area behind it was not revealed, not can be interacted in any way with, even if the dupes run around it and stand right in front of the door.

I suppose this is not an intended behaviour. Is the content just missing, or is it a bug?

-Tru

Unknown area.jpg

15 hours ago, brummbar7 said:

You should be able to command your dupe to move into the black area at the door, and it will reveal the entire thing.  At least, that's how it worked the one time I encountered this in testing.

That's what I and everyone else has done standing in front of the door will reveal nothing you have to click on a dupe and command to move to an area inside of it 

The problem or bug with the security door is if you have it already revealed the inside  -  digging into the area from the inside, the security door remains forever locked- unless you dig to the outside area.  submitting sample is only from one side and not the other.  (the door needs to be programmed so it  open regardless of which side you're on)

5 hours ago, Michi01 said:

Fortunately they seem to always be generated with a floor tile in front of them.

Well, sometimes it's a natural tile.  And if you happen to ladder through that tile, past the door, then try to get a dupe to activate the door, it can be confusing as to why nobody is doing it.

On Saturday, August 26, 2017 at 0:27 PM, Truhlik said:

I came across what must be the new feature of leftovers of previous inhabitants. It looked like a dark unknown area with obviously high-tech door entrance.

The could be opened by a dupe (by "giving sample" of his DNA) and after that I can close/lock/open the door as any other door.

However, the area behind it was not revealed, not can be interacted in any way with, even if the dupes run around it and stand right in front of the door.

I suppose this is not an intended behaviour. Is the content just missing, or is it a bug?

-Tru

Unknown area.jpg

wait... HOW ON EARTH DID YOU GET A SAMPLE OF DUPE DNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, Xedlord said:

wait... HOW ON EARTH DID YOU GET A SAMPLE OF DUPE DNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The door has a DNA symbol on it, but I believe that's the logo of Gravitas. To submit a sample, a dupe needs to put their hand on a scanner on the door.

I have a more limited version of this bug. I did not dig into it first, and my dupe discovered and entered the door fine. However, only part of the ruin qualified as "inside". The remaining tiles remain unknown despite having dupes run ladders next to them. Screenshot should show the bed is assigned and used, as well as a piece of clothing rummaged from locker. So the bug was that not all the tiles are displayed as "inside" once the dupe opens the lock. Mild issue, but annoying.

C13F915903675847422507DED2C9CDA54C92B885

Archived