Queue For Wash Basin

1 hour ago, Mjello said:

Well, they are dupes... They don't know how to queue. Deal with it (:
If you want the coders attention. Think like a coder and write out every conceivable situation they have to deal with in order to make a working queue do what you ask. If you do it right for them, and its simple, they will probably make it.

Thank you for your advice, I am pretty confident Klei developers are smart enough to understand what's already been said and more than capable of putting it in the game in case they're interested.

People keep asking for more advance doors. Maybe the solution isn't making the basins queable (which would be an easy solution for them to implement, I'm just offering some alternatives). Maybe giving us the ability to set doors to not allow dupes with germs to pass by until they are clean.  I'm sure this suggestion would likely just cause more issues, but people wanted more advanced systems of what we already have. Queing would be an easy fix; door control to stop dupes from passing by would be a more in depth system.

Side note: these types of doors would be perfect for letting those of us who want to create chlorine rooms between out base and the swamp areas.

On 8/28/2017 at 9:51 AM, brummbar7 said:

For one thing they need to remove the germs cleaning caps from lavs and scrubbers.  Especially scrubbers - it would reduce the number of scrubbers required by over 50% even without queuing.  Queuing would definitely making things simpler from a player perspective.  Though I could imagine it creating a bunch of code issues and bugs.

Reminds me of Sims Tower and queuing for Elevators generating sim stress. This should be a thing for Dupes as well.

• people expect patch "fast comeout" we dont care if the update broken
  • dev: lets make workaround for wash basin/ore scruber, we cant let player wait too long
  • result = add simple arrow its more easy coding than add multiple layer of dupe queue for wash basin/ore scruber

well now with automation you can fix this problem by having a pressure plate where the sink/washbasin is and a door and hook it up so that duplicants are only allowed through if someone isn't already at the wash basin

1 hour ago, mf99k said:

well now with automation you can fix this problem by having a pressure plate where the sink/washbasin is and a door and hook it up so that duplicants are only allowed through if someone isn't already at the wash basin

The duplicant on the pressure plate might stand around being idle for a few seconds because the locked door makes them think that they can't get back out, but otherwise this should work.

1 minute ago, Michi01 said:

The duplicant on the pressure plate might stand around being idle for a few seconds because the locked door makes them think that they can't get back out, but otherwise this should work.

no I mean on the opposite side, like between the sink and the bathroom

Until recently, I would get a dupe every time the portal opened.

Now, I only get a new dupe when I feel like not having them costs me more than having them would.

The diminishing returns on dupes are exponential, due to the massive amount of liability a dupe introduces to colony survival.

That is preface to the idea that 2 or 3 wash basins in a row are plenty, as long as they bookend any germ sources.

When I had 40 or 50 dupes, it was crazy just keeping them from suffocating, not to mention the entire rooms of sinks that I had to use to keep them from being occupied.

Now I use mostly the first 3 dupes, and can scale the base more easily, without much concern that collapse will occur, either from outbreak, or other disaster.

Archived