Outbreak update and translation

• Developer

Yes, the new strings will very likely be added.

You can just update the old file with the new one. The new strings will automatically be added and nothing will be lost.

Don't remember how to do it right now, though, and I'm sadly not on my laptop to check :(

Yeah, I'm also not on my pc now. The problem is my translation is saved as a copy of the strings_template.pot in a separate folder and I want to know if there is a method of updating that copy with new lines from the outbreak without losing the translation.

But I gues I need to wait until I get back from work, so I can check it on my pc 

So I am on my PC now and i dont know which option let me update original strings leaving translation intact... :/

U can try the program "Winmerge".

Take the old pot file and the new one and merge it. It displays only the differences.  Then u copy the changes in your translation file and translate it. Done. Just a way, how I would do it.

• Developer
3 hours ago, Parusoid said:

But it's all about the copying part. It seem that you can't copy the source text from one file and paste it into another, I don't know why. Like it's protected from editing the source text 

I can easily update .po files with POedit **shrug**

• Developer
3 minutes ago, Parusoid said:

Would be so kind and tell how to do that?

Catalog > Update from POT file

Might not be exactly named like that, as I'm not using the English version, so: Hover on the 4th item, click on the 2nd one, choose the new file, and be happy.

21 minutes ago, ImDaMisterL said:

Catalog > Update from POT file

Might not be exactly named like that, as I'm not using the English version, so: Hover on the 4th item, click on the 2nd one, choose the new file, and be happy.

That worked, thanks!

Archived