PLEASE HELP.

I have now had this happen twice the problem I am having is I sub to mods and after a while the mods will turn to [modname]####### and I can not do anything to fix them I have tried to unsub to all of them maybe 10 or so and even uninstalling Don't Starve Together when I try to delete the mods in my data files it says I do not have permission which when this problem first happened I took it to a professional and they deleted my account and I am currently running as the administer and in doing so it fixed my problem for a few months untill I decided to go through my mods and unsub to some that I wasn't playing anymore , it then started to list them on my game as mods that needed updating and my 10 or so mods has changed to over 30 and are listed as [modname]####### I can't play them and they are not subbed on my steam any longer I do run windows 10 and have been told that this is a issue but I am not to good with tech stuff so I need some help or answers so I can play my mods in working manner please.     

Navigate to Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together\mods and manually remove folders with numbers being listed despite being unsubscribed from your Steam Workshop.

If you can't remove them the issue is likely caused by:

1) Not having admin rights.

2) PC being infected with a virus.

I use Windows 10 and I never had this problem. Similar (but not identical - names were displayed correctly but mod was requesting update non-stop) symptoms occured after mod author hidded/removed mod from Workshop tho...

33 minutes ago, Hekkaryk said:

If you can't remove them the issue is likely caused by:

1) Not having admin rights.

I fixed that today by using LockHunter. (It's completely safe) Use that, find DST's mod file, right click it, ask what's blocking the file, then unlock it and you should be able to delete the files.

The only issue is that eventually, each time a mod gets updated the issue will arise again.

Only one windows account which has the admin rights, steam running as administrator, DST running as administrator, permission granted to the user for the steam folder and all the sub-folders (even though anyway the user is already in the list of allowed users since it's in the admin group), but no, it just locks the folder. Very annoying.

EDIT: and thanks for the LockHunter tip @Paxtonnnn, I did not know that software.

Edited by ZupaleX

On 21.08.2017 at 5:34 PM, Paxtonnnn said:

I fixed that today by using LockHunter. (It's completely safe) Use that, find DST's mod file, right click it, ask what's blocking the file, then unlock it and you should be able to delete the files.

Wait, LockHunter? Were you trying to remove files with DST on?

Cause if you didn't, it's 100% certain you have a virus/rogue antivirus.