[MOD][1.5.9] MaterialColor + OnionPatcher

@eggsvbacon Are you sure you're hitting apply in the Configurator?

You can post the logs from Injector, Configurator and OnionPatcher if you want ;)

Also I think you won't see custom seeds anywhere in game. The best way to verify the seeds and if this works is to look at the OnionPatcher log, you can see seeds used there and any errors if there's any. Or you can try to create the world with the same seed twice and look if they are the same.

I'll post the new version soon. Some issues with the interface may be fixed.

4 hours ago, Etiam said:

New version: 1.3.2.

Added remotely controlled doors to the mod pack. It probably won't work for the oil update though.

Thanks for your hard work, as you mentioned, unfortunately, the only thing working with injector.exe and the new update is enable debug log, not sure how to confirm that is working in the game, but I thought I would mention it.

Thanks again.

Installed everything for the new update and tried to run ONI but it won't load up. I'm sure I did something stupid or missed something, but is there anything off the top of your mind you can think of that might be causing this?

Also, is this good to go with the Oil Update?

Nevermind. User error. I was messing with some stuff and broke my install. (PS THIS HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE MOD THIS WAS ALL ME)

5 hours ago, chaos0720 said:

Installed everything for the new update and tried to run ONI but it won't load up. I'm sure I did something stupid or missed something, but is there anything off the top of your mind you can think of that might be causing this?

Also, is this good to go with the Oil Update?

Nevermind. User error. I was messing with some stuff and broke my install. (PS THIS HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE MOD THIS WAS ALL ME)

Are you saying the injector.exe patched all options with the oil update? The only option that would patch was enabling debug log, all other options failed for me.

3 hours ago, eggsvbacon said:

Are you saying the injector.exe patched all options with the oil update? The only option that would patch was enabling debug log, all other options failed for me.

I was asking if his most recent update worked with the oil update, but since reinstalling the game and mod I realized that it doesn't. 

I started using this mod only after the 1.4.1 update so my contextual knowledge of this mod is basically nonexistent, but I noticed that literally the next day after I installed the mod, it wasn't working any more. I left a comment on the reddit thread asking about that, 6 days ago, to no response. Finally, this morning, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the mod after I noticed another user on the forum (@manu_x32posting screenshots that I recognized had this mod active. It set back my ONI version to 234418, which was over a week ago and only a couple days after 1.4.1 was released.

Can this mod not run on the current patch?! If it can, what the heck am I doing wrong?

Edit 1: Now I've disabled the mod, and my client is still stuck on version 234418... :? I can see, after I run ONI but before the alpha warning screen, a brief screen that displays a paragraph of red text beneath some white text that says something to the effect of "development console", but it only displays for half a second, I cannot read it that fast and whenever I try to screenshot it, apparently I'm too slow. What's goin on? :(

Edit 2: still have this problem after uninstalling the mod, too.

Edit 3: I got my client back to normal after forcing the game through steam to check file integrity. I still can't figure out how to get the game to run with the mod on current patch, though.

Edit 4: I tried installing the mod and then checking file integrity to bring the patch version from 234418 up to the current 235374, but then I'm back to square one of having this patch "installed" but not working at all -- no MaterialMod, no RemoteDoors, no OnionPatcher. If anyone has insight it would be appreciated.

Edit 5: It's working now by virtue of not forcing me back to 234418 upon mod installation. In edit 1, I'm pretty sure that stuff about red text and the console is because I didn't check Enable Debug in the config, but everything else that was going wrong still baffles me. The only thing I did differently on my latest attempt was NOT disabling RemoteDoors in my first running of config. I tested disabling it later on, and everything still works, so... yeah, I just don't know.

@Byste  Ok switching back to the right thread.

So all I did is download the zip of the mod and followed these mini instructions:

1. Extract downloaded file to Oxygen Not Included root directory (where OxygenNotIncluded.exe is located)
  2. Run "Injector.exe".
  3. Press "Patch"

Then in The Config window activated debug and pressed apply.  Didn't realize that the config debug check box was related to the game debug mode.

I'm on win10.

Hey guys, thanks a lot for doing these mods, they are awesome.  I'm wondering if I could contribute to the development in some way. Is there any info somewhere about the process for creating these mods. Like how how to know what functions to call to do things. I didn't study programming originally in school, so my knowledge in regards to this type of hacking is limited, but I've been coding for more than 15 years, almost on a daily basis. And in my day job, I do use and code in Unity 3D , so I know the beast. Anyways, I'm pretty curious about this, so any info to get me started would be great! Thanks!

@Byste Your problem simply comes down to steam patching your game overriding the mod files, After every game update, Just reinject the mod and reconfigure to apply your settings, I do it every time theres a game update and I haven't had a issue yet :)

6 minutes ago, Byste said:

@magei That did work for me, eventually... But it took 3 tries. For some reason, injecting the mod was rolling back my client to 234418.

A new version just came out, and I could update just fine. I ran the Injector only patching, without restoring backup. Maybe that was your problem?  The text at the bottom of the injector says that it should be done that way.

On 10/4/2017 at 1:38 PM, manu_x32 said:

Hey guys, thanks a lot for doing these mods, they are awesome.  I'm wondering if I could contribute to the development in some way. Is there any info somewhere about the process for creating these mods. Like how how to know what functions to call to do things. I didn't study programming originally in school, so my knowledge in regards to this type of hacking is limited, but I've been coding for more than 15 years, almost on a daily basis. And in my day job, I do use and code in Unity 3D , so I know the beast. Anyways, I'm pretty curious about this, so any info to get me started would be great! Thanks!

Ok, so I don't know if anyone has seen my post.  I realized that there is already some infos on this thread, on the reddit one linked earlier in the thread, on the github repo, and on the modding channel of discord. So I guess I have enough meat to start looking at it.  But if there is a condensed summary or a small tutorial somewhere, please let me know.  I'm trying to go through the whole discord channel from the start, but it's huge and takes forever.

Thanks!

I'm really happy the mod continues to work for so long without any updates, despite some minor issues :)

Thank you @magei and @manu_x32 for helping people that wanted to use the mod when I couldn't do it.

@manu_x32 if you code in Unity 3D you should get easily into contributing to the mod if you want and it would be greatly appreciated :). Especially if you do code in C#.

Unfortunately there is no guide to help you other than a guide to successfully build solution on GitHub. Instead of going through the posts on discord you should instead ask me directly on Discord, I'll reply ASAP.

Archived