[MOD][1.5.9] MaterialColor + OnionPatcher

It doesn't seem to work on my system, no idea why, the program just sits in the background. I hope you can tell me why, it looks like an awesome MOD, was really looking forward to installing it.

If anyone can help me get this MOD working it would be much appreciated, thanks :)  (beg beg beg)

(note enlarged text in the last line for extra begging appeal)

DxDiag.txt

11 hours ago, Cilya said:

I wouldn't consider that a mistake. Perhaps you just need more people supporting your work to consider useful to do it.

It definitely wouldn't have hurt to put it on Github. I have seen a good deal of people come and go, with some great progress but never hosted it on Github (or other Version Control System), and their work just (as you mentioned previous) went away. Which is a shame.

11 hours ago, Cilya said:

It's how it works, not how it should work. It works like that because people don't talk or don't find an agreement. I'm happy to see you both already talked together.

In my opinion, this is how it should work. It leads to interesting findings and progression, offers a bit of healthy competition as well as gives the user choices. Reaching agreements are hard, not because people are assholes or anything, but because when you have two widely different visions/future for the software, it's easier to just branch off, than to shoehorn them together and hope that it will work (it usually doesn't). Obviously this is just my opinion, but anecdotally for me, it's never been communication that's been the main issue, it's always been goals, features, scope and vision.

15 minutes ago, Moonkis said:

In my opinion, this is how it should work. It leads to interesting findings and progression, offers a bit of healthy competition as well as gives the user choices. Reaching agreements are hard, not because people are assholes or anything, but because when you have two widely different visions/future for the software, it's easier to just branch off, than to shoehorn them together and hope that it will work (it usually doesn't). Obviously this is just my opinion, but anecdotally for me, it's never been communication that's been the main issue, it's always been goals, features, scope and vision.

I agree. Sometimes there is nothing to do in common. And often, its counterproductive to try to share something between projects as you end up spending more time refactoring than you spare from common development. But I do think that modders share a lot of goals and in this particular matter, standardizing a modding interface (until Klei proposes one) has a really big advantage. For this particular problem, I believe there are more pos than cons.

12 hours ago, DarkSlimus said:

Hi guys,

I love mods and always look for utility mods who make the game more realistic, like yours. And happy to know a second one exist.

I encouter a little problem who isn't one I think but I like to know how things work. For a lot of my games on Steam, when mods modify original gamefiles, I just make  a copy of the game in specific folder. I do that cause steam don't like for a lot of game (or perhaps those I have) mods not comming of the workshop. and check gamefile and replace modified gamefiles to originals one.

So I do it for ONI but your mod don't work in another folder. I would post it don't work but I try in the steam folder and he work great.

my question is why ?

PS: sorry for my bad english, it's not my native language

Mod should perfectly work in any directory, as long as all required files are in place. Did you try latest version?

12 hours ago, Pi2 said:

It doesn't seem to work on my system, no idea why, the program just sits in the background. I hope you can tell me why, it looks like an awesome MOD, was really looking forward to installing it.

If anyone can help me get this MOD working it would be much appreciated, thanks :)  (beg beg beg)

(note enlarged text in the last line for extra begging appeal)

DxDiag.txt

@Pi2 @DarkSlimus We can talk on discord, my discord tag: EtiamTinciduntNullam#4455

10 minutes ago, Pi2 said:

It told me I had to install NET so I did, but have no idea where they were extracted to,  I will have a  look. lol

apparently I ran it from where it unzipped it, which was the wrong place..  So I unzipped it and ran it and it gave me the configurator menu, did Json, but nothing changed in the  game,  I will re read your forum posts and figure it out, thanks for the help   :)

Sigh, should I run the uninstall program and re unzip it and try again ?

[06:00:30.7773651] Patching started.
    Injection failed.
Sequence contains no matching element
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
   at MaterialColor.Injector.CecilHelper.GetTypeDefinition(ModuleDefinition module, String typeName)
   at MaterialColor.Injector.Injection.InjectBuildingsSpecialCasesHandling()
   at MaterialColor.Injector.Injection.Inject(Boolean enableConsole)
   at MaterialColor.Injector.InjectionManager.InjectDefaultAndBackup(Boolean enableConsole)
   at MaterialColor.Injector.WPF.ViewModels.InjectorViewModel.Patch()
[06:01:21.9572925] Patching started.
    Injection failed.
Sequence contains no matching element
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
   at MaterialColor.Injector.CecilHelper.GetTypeDefinition(ModuleDefinition module, String typeName)
   at MaterialColor.Injector.Injection.InjectBuildingsSpecialCasesHandling()
   at MaterialColor.Injector.Injection.Inject(Boolean enableConsole)
   at MaterialColor.Injector.InjectionManager.InjectDefaultAndBackup(Boolean enableConsole)
   at MaterialColor.Injector.WPF.ViewModels.InjectorViewModel.Patch()

@Pi2 Maybe you should try:

• Uninstall with the script
  • Remove OxygenNotIncluded_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll.backup if it exists
  • Remove OxygenNotIncluded_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll.backup if it exists
  • Verify game data on steam
  • Extract the mod to ONI directory

it ran in powershell, flashed some text in red, and then closed the window.  The files were still there so I assume it didn't work, I tried running it as a .bat file but there are commands in there that are not bat file commands I guess.  deleted the files manually, going to try and unzip  it and run it again

whoa. I have two directories, one called steamapps and one called steamstuff

the install worked this time, running the game and it seems to have worked, although there were three RED lines at the bottom of the screen when I started the program, I'm gonna check the error log file. but all seems to be working now, what a mess, THANKS, if you email me your paypal acount if yuou have one, Ill send you some money :)

make that 

steamstuff

and

steamlibrary

the game seems to be installed in both directories, I am assuming I was in the wrong one or something, no doubt this is going to cause problems down the  road, lol. anyway, like I said, its working, thanks again, looks like an awesome MOD

@Pi2 About the three red lines, I'm not sure what causes it but I'm pretty sure they are harmless if they are what I think.

You can clear them with clear button or disable debug log to hide all errors.

I would greatly appreciate some bitcoins ;) If you prefer I'll set up my paypal :p

7 hours ago, Etiam said:

Mod should perfectly work in any directory, as long as all required files are in place. Did you try latest version?

Hi,

thanks for your answer. I copy the folder directly of the last version of ONI from steamapps with the last one of your mod into my backup directory, Injection have worked perfectly but in the game nothing ... now I install your mod in the original steam directory it works perfectly.

if i understand well it just change one file, so if steam check for corrupted files and replace it it's not a big dl to do ... I look carefully at my dl because now I live in Africa and you pay your provider in fonction of the data transfered (ul & dl) and I have a total limit of 25 Go by month !

Thanks to put your mod on Github, I always be interested to learn modding so perhaps see your source can help me. anyway i will add you on discord

Archived