Methods for Herding Animals?

I have been busy building a mega base, I have many pets. I am trying to find the one eyed deer, and volt goats. I have not come across any, is there a certain biome to find? If so what would be good for a lore? I know a beefalo horn doesn't  work lol. Also I tried to keep a catcoon  as a pet but to my surprise when I came back to my base a day later it was dead, any suggestions on how to keep one as a pet?

No Eyed Deer are usually present during either Autumn or Winter, they should spawn around the deciduous biome. To capture them, simply hit one and chase them as they flee. As for the catcoon, I don't know how or why it died, but it may have been caused by a frog, pig, or something else you may have in your base. 

Volt goats spawns on one of the 2 possible desert biomes, you need to look at youtube how to move No Eyed Deer and Volt Goats as they got a trick to do it, if you don't do it propperly they does't reproduce (Goats) or simply despawn (Deer)

I'm not sure about this but the no eyed deers may despawn in summer or spring if there's nobody near, for the volt goats you must move one and kill the rest of the herd, BUT! I think you need to move it without teleportation, a friend told me about that, I never stole the whole herd before, I don't know if actually teleporting one goat may work, but I'm sure you need to kill all goats in the desert.

Finally for the catcoon, go to the critter station and craft a kitty you will get a invulnerable pet, if you want an adult make fences, they don't starve I guess, just be careful if you with have a glommer

3 hours ago, Rily said:

I'm not sure about this but the no eyed deers may despawn in summer or spring if there's nobody near, for the volt goats you must move one and kill the rest of the herd, BUT! I think you need to move it without teleportation, a friend told me about that, I never stole the whole herd before, I don't know if actually teleporting one goat may work, but I'm sure you need to kill all goats in the desert.

Finally for the catcoon, go to the critter station and craft a kitty you will get a invulnerable pet, if you want an adult make fences, they don't starve I guess, just be careful if you with glommer

no eyed deers despawn if there is no player build structures nearby (e.g alchemy engine) there is a limited range for this so the pen must be nearby the main base.

volt goats follow an extrange placement, have you noticed that if you try to pursuit one of them, the goat will eventually return to the same spot? so if you teleport a goat it will try to return to the place it was teleported from, so the way to move a herd or a single goat is to actually move it just a bit then wait until the goat animation changes from the being followed animation to the eating from the ground animation. If you go to Helicalpuma's youtube channel there is a very good guide for every animal pen.

Archived