Bundling Wrap

Hello guys, i maded this post in order for you to share your Tips and Tricks using this item after you kill the Bee Queen for it.

This would also help to clear my doubts and why not help anyone who wants to read this.

1-. Where do you use the wrap and when?

2-. What is the best food / food ingredients to put inside?

3-. Do you just farm lichen and save some stacks for pierogi?

add any question and answer you like

In my opinion could be just great also to transport a lot of materials to build a base as you can transform 10 inventory spaces into 40 if im correct so you can transport stacks of rocks, logs, or crafted materials as boards and rope for building.

I usually just wrap up crockpotted good food like pierogies, honey ham and bacon and eggs. Things I can unwrap and eat on the go if I'm in a pinch. (And/or when I'm going into a boss fight.) Especially useful for Wigfrid players, since she can't scavenge as easily as other players :D .

28 minutes ago, PillsStealer said:

For me, I get 160 lightbulbs in wrap them together so I don't have to make trips every single week.

Oh thats a nice tip.

25 minutes ago, Daniel86268 said:

I usually just wrap up crockpotted good food like pierogies, honey ham and bacon and eggs. Things I can unwrap and eat on the go if I'm in a pinch. (And/or when I'm going into a boss fight.) Especially useful for Wigfrid players, since she can't scavenge as easily as other players :D .

Yeah nice tip also, for players using different characters too

I never did like using it to completely negate food spoilage. Always felt cheaty to me. I typically use it to pack up abundant resources so I can store more in a single chest. I usually also pack up any deerclops eyes just in case something happens to my base. I'd rather not see those get eaten.

1 hour ago, Sinister_Fang said:

I never did like using it to completely negate food spoilage. Always felt cheaty to me. I typically use it to pack up abundant resources so I can store more in a single chest. I usually also pack up any deerclops eyes just in case something happens to my base. I'd rather not see those get eaten.

use that as well, also helps packing items for crafting shootius, and other stuff if you somewhy keep materials at surface base, so, gems, eyes (which also both could be obtained at surface btw), are well spending of wraps as for me

also some dude mentioned that their party were only eating raw honey, actively collecting it at summer and storing in wraps

We had a lot of wraps on our 800-day map, so I made go packs for boss fights with just 20 pierogis or jerky in each. We also spent the entire summer in the caves and kept forgetting to bring a bird down for the cage in the caves camp, so I wrapped a bird and put it in the go-chest of stuff to take underground. Live creatures are preserved by the wrap, so once you get wrap I'd advise making moleworm packs so that you can easily whip up fresh moggles when you get glow berries. Nothing is more annoying than when you have a spoiling berry and have to scrounge around for moles. People planning to fight Misery Toadstool might want to do this, too, since I believe they need a poisoned canary.

Note: there's only a brief period during which you can pick up a live creature after unwrapping it. If you don't grab your bird fast, it will fly away forever. Moles you can recapture if you have a hammer, but it's still a nuisance.

Finally, bundles all look alike, so you have to be very careful picking them up and storing them. Pick up/hold only one type of pack at a time and store in marked chests. When transporting multiple bundles, sort them in your inventory and open as many as you can when you get to your destination and while you still remember which is which. It's a real drag to be carrying five bundles, not knowing which is which and having to open and then rewrap a bunch of them to find what you need. I have lost some birds that way.

Moleworm idea sounds good, haven't thought of storing live animals :) I tend to wrap up different sizes of wraps so it's easier to tell them apart, they look different if there's a different amount of slots occupied from the 4 available; however this does make em less efficient obviously :)

21 hours ago, Jurgens said:

Hello guys, i maded this post in order for you to share your Tips and Tricks using this item after you kill the Bee Queen for it.

This would also help to clear my doubts and why not help anyone who wants to read this.

1-. Where do you use the wrap and when?

2-. What is the best food / food ingredients to put inside?

3-. Do you just farm lichen and save some stacks for pierogi?

add any question and answer you like

In my opinion could be just great also to transport a lot of materials to build a base as you can transform 10 inventory spaces into 40 if im correct so you can transport stacks of rocks, logs, or crafted materials as boards and rope for building.

Build bird cage on your underground base and wrap a bird. unwrap it when you want, make some eggs, then wrap again. infinite underground bird. we also wrapping sick canarys and just unwrap them on toadstool mushroom, so you don't need to worry about your canary can die. You can also wrap frogs legs  after frog rain. Wrap four stacks of bees, give them to your friend and watch him suffer. We also use buliding wrap for space economy, when you need to stack a lot of items in one storage. Wrap mushrooms so you can get fresh spores with fun caps after winter

And main: WRAP HAM BATS

2 hours ago, landromat said:

Build bird cage on your underground base and wrap a bird. unwrap it when you want, make some eggs, then wrap again. infinite underground bird.

You mean using Canary as underground bird without suffocating it? Other birds survive in caves' birdcage without problem, no need for that bundling trick with them.

2 hours ago, Jurgens said:

I just wrap 80 ropes to craft another 80 wraps

Nice bundle wrap.. inception :rolleyes:

24 minutes ago, xxVERSUSxy said:

You mean using Canary as underground bird without suffocating it? Other birds survive in caves' birdcage without problem, no need for that bundling trick with them.

The trick is to camp long on caves/ruins and you dont have any food for the bird, or you want to make a long trip over 6 days so the bird would starve, you just unwrap the bird use it on the cage and wrap again, i dont know if i explained well

44 minutes ago, xxVERSUSxy said:

Nice bundle wrap.. inception :rolleyes:

they usally starving to death when you leaving caves. you don't need to catch new bird every time you going to the caves

22 minutes ago, Jurgens said:

The trick is to camp long on caves/ruins and you dont have any food for the bird, or you want to make a long trip over 6 days so the bird would starve, you just unwrap the bird use it on the cage and wrap again, i dont know if i explained well

you're right

You do have to remember to wrap the bird, though, and this was something we always forgot. We'd end up going back to the surface in Autumn and no bird. unless someone wanted to go all the way back down to the cave base (it was near the ruins), we'd just make a trap to catch a new one. I'd catch a few more birds and wrap them for the future at that point, to use up the trap.

Archived