Dedicated Server show "???" on ping, tried a lot of solutions, still getting "???"

Hello everyone, 

Hope you be fine!

Last 2 days I was working on set up a dedicated server on Azure cloud, everything is working really nice, the latency good, and bla bla. BUT! I get a "???" message on ping when I search the server, so I tried too many things:

• Change the Network Port (Master, and slave) from 10999 to 15000 and others.
  • Open all the ports (1-65500) to get inbound and outbound traffic on Azure VM - Network Security Group. ("Port forward" on Azure)

Every time I tried a solution I did a total restart for the Azure VM and server on VM.

I researched the forum but didn't get any solutions, I really want to know if there is someone have an idea or a solutions to show the dedicated server ping when everyone search servers.

Additional, I think maybe there is a bug or configuration with the Steam CMD with DST Servers creation that disable show the ping.

I really apreciate you can help me.

Best regards,

Irken

if you can try to make some changes in your router configuration, I heard about people solving this issue with port forwarding, that weird router stuff, I'm not the best one explaining this, I solved it using the DMZ function on my server machine, of course you need to know how to configure your own router, good luck

How can I ask a developer? I have a question:

The ping service is working through ICMP? Because if the client of Don't Starve Togheter is trying to ping the server, there are a lot of third party servers that have blocked ICMP request because security risks. I believe this is the problem.

@Ipsquiggle @255 @V2C @MarkL

Best regards,

Irken

On 16/8/2017 at 9:08 AM, triandrei said:

How can I ask a developer? I have a question:

The ping service is working through ICMP? Because if the client of Don't Starve Togheter is trying to ping the server, there are a lot of third party servers that have blocked ICMP request because security risks. I believe this is the problem.

@Ipsquiggle @255 @V2C @MarkL

Best regards,

Irken

UPDATE: DST Doesn't work with ICMP

I sent a message to Klei Support and JanH answer me:

I have discussed your question with our team and ping does not happen through the ICMP as you have mentioned. It should work if you have the port that the server is listening on properly opened / forwarded on your firewall.

However, this is something that you will need to set up and/or require assistance with from your hosting provider as we are unable to provide assistance with that from our end.

I going to try other solutions on Azure Cloud and then update the post.

Archived