Extoller's Off-Topic Art

ExtollerOfTrolls

Alright, so I was away from my last off-topic thread for so long that it got closed (I think).

I've been trying to learn vectors better, and I thought that a good show to attempt it with would be Invader Zim, with its sharp edges and abrupt shadows. (Also, I'm super freaking pumped for the movie!)

Gir.jpg.45fe6a286f616faa317fbeeb5627f593.jpg

Also it's my profile pic.

And here's so original stuff. I'll get back to it later, but these are some OCs for an original comic I want to write:

5992fa169bf90_TylerandMrGelPNG.thumb.png.b476bcfc680bc740ccf961aa9bdbb416.png

5 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

I saw that profile picture :p I don't really watch Invader Zim but I love Gir

Those OCs of yours are adorable! ^_^

Thanks! I'm tentatively settling on the names Tyler and Mr. Gel. (Mr. Gel is a sentient slime mold.)

DUDE, you need to watch Invader Zim. It's like, my oldest obsession. It's a dark comedy setting, sorta like Don't Starve, but it's just so ridiculous, and the characters are so fun! I mean, not a whole lotta media has an antagonist who's good (Death Note does, I guess). If you're ever going to watch it, now is the time, because a movie is coming out... Soonish, according to Nickelodeon.

For that first page, it looks like a good entry into the world you're making. The silhouettes work too.

Pretty close to the show style! Dib looks slightly off due to the line curves but except for that, the rest looks show quality. The shading helps.

3 hours ago, minespatch said:

For that first page, it looks like a good entry into the world you're making. The silhouettes work too.

Pretty close to the show style! Dib looks slightly off due to the line curves but except for that, the rest looks show quality. The shading helps.

Thank you! I'm going to see if i can get the second page done tonight.

Thanks! Yeah, Dib's ENORMOUS head gave me the most trouble. His hair is kinda tricky, and the shape of his head is a little weird.

9 hours ago, Pyromailmann said:

>Spriggans

Sounds like Elder Scrolls to me.

Never played it. I have a feeling that the origin of these Spriggans is different, too.

5 hours ago, minespatch said:

Page three already, you getting fast with these.

Well, now that I have nice reviewers, I feel more motivation! As it is, I'm probably only going to post it for this little crowd of the forums, until I finish the first chapter.

29 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Are Spriggans by any chance earth or plant elementals?

In actual faerie tales? I think so...

In this story... Not really, but they do have some relation to plants. It's really more of a loose term than an actual name for their species.

Like, in this story, Witch is an inclusive term for both male and female people who use magic.

Thanks!

It's a very beautiful, whimsical game, so adding a Beatrix Potter feel is fitting. Here's what the character actually looks like in-game:

latest?cb=20170426131403 (Not drawn by me)

He's a big friendly scarab. I'm really glad he survives his boss fight, or I'd feel so guilty.

If you like dark fantasy, this is a great game to play.

Archived