Thermal stone + sewing kit = 100%? What?

Hi!

I guess you know already what is this topic about. How can you repair stone with sewing kit? Usually developers used to be creative in such things, but why did they left it as it is? Can it be thermal stone in mitten\cloth at least? I won't say that Don't starve is the most logical game I know... Not even close... But still it's the most mysterious and not obvious thing in the game. Even butter from butterfly has more chance to exist :D . I don't get it...

It's sensible from a gameplay perspective.

This falls under a blanket rationale similar to why amulets, backpacks, and chest armor can not be worn together. It doesn't make sense from a realistic standpoint. It's not supposed to.

It's just supposed to be consistent from a gameplay perspective. The sewing kit redeems 5 days of durability on non-spoilable, durability-based, non-fuelable, non-fight tab items. These parameters describe Thermal Stones. Along the same logic why can Straw Hats but not Grass Suits be repaired by Sewing Kits, despite having nearly identical recipes.

On 9/4/2017 at 11:50 AM, LadyAzure said:

I guess I see where you are coming from but honestly the thermal stone does not cost that much to make and if you keep it warm to hot it will last a long time. So I wouldn't see the need to be able to repair it.

It's not a matter of whether or not it's sensible to repair it. It's a matter of having a consistent repair system.

Archived