Water pressure view?

It’s really hard to determine whether the water pressure will break through a certain area. It would be cool to see how much pressure the water is inducing on certain blocks (and how much pressure they can withstand without cracking), so that more clever water storage tanks can be discovered and constructed.

2 hours ago, HellaChaz said:

so that more clever water storage tanks can be discovered and constructed.

You can't do anything more clever than a box sadly. Just make it 3 tiles thick and it should be fine most of the time.

I'm not too sure of any usefulness of such a display.

On 8/13/2017 at 7:24 PM, AlexRou said:

You can't do anything more clever than a box sadly. Just make it 3 tiles thick and it should be fine most of the time.

I'm not too sure of any usefulness of such a display.

1. You can do with less tiles if the body of water is small enough.

2. You can do with less tiles if you use tiles of different materials.

3. Map spawns provide water in containers other than 3- tile thick boxes.

Simple example which appeared in one of my games. Will this border break? If so, where will it break, and in which cycle will it break?

UGpUjZC.png

1 hour ago, HellaChaz said:

1. You can do with less tiles if the body of water is small enough.

2. You can do with less tiles if you use tiles of different materials.

I was giving a number that would work most of the time without having to decide on materials or worry about how much water is in it. 

1 hour ago, HellaChaz said:

Simple example which appeared in one of my games. Will this border break? If so, where will it break, and in which cycle will it break?

With the pressure display it would not indicate to you which cycle it would break. As for will it break and where ... I don't think it is a important enough question to have a dedicated pressure display. Which is why I said to just make it 3 tiles thick, if 3 layers of tiles is good enough for most situations then what would be the point in knowing if a block will break? There is no better shape than a box, pressure is based on the block of water directly touching the tile so any other shape would have no meaning.

Archived