Please add more ways to obtain Nitre or increase the drop rate

I know that Nitre can be obtained from the following:

• Meteors Boulders
  • Earthquakes
  • Burrow
  • Petrified Trees

But the amount I get is very little... Nitre is a end-game item to me, I use it a lot for Salt Lick (requires 4 per salt lick), Gun Powder, and Booster Shots. Sometimes I have to delay farming bosses due to lack of Nitre. I've noticed that the drop rate for Nitre during Earthquakes in caves is 1%, I rarely see any Nitre drops it's always Flint, Rocks and Gold. I have so much Flint 3 full chests, I don't even use Flint anymore.. I have been just giving stacks, and stacks of flint to Rock Lobsters just to clean up my map. 

I have a regular size world, and there isn't a lot of rocks in my world. I play on PS4 and we recently got a huge update which is nice, the Antlion boss drops Boulders in the cave during Summer, I got a lot of Boulders and I mined a few of it to see what it drops, and it drops FLINTS & rocks..... why not add Nitre in the mix? I really want more ways to get Nitre, or at least raise the drop rate of nitre from mining meteor boulders, earthquakes, etc.... 

I always laugh about this.  I remember playing the vanilla version and just leaving the Nitre on the ground.  I thought it was so... USELESS.  Though in Reign of Giants, I realized that I needed it for summer alone (endothermic firepit and ice flingos).  In Don't Starve Together, for booster shots.  I just find it funny how it's pretty much useless in the vanilla version, though it becomes a must have in ROG and DST.

13 hours ago, Lumina said:

As far as i know, guano contain a lot of nitre. Maybe a way to extract it for guano, since at the moment, guano is like a bad manure with nothing specific.

What do you mean guano contains a lot of nitre? I use guano to fertilize farms because it's stronger than poop and rot... 

17 hours ago, LuxuryHeart said:

I always laugh about this.  I remember playing the vanilla version and just leaving the Nitre on the ground.  I thought it was so... USELESS.  Though in Reign of Giants, I realized that I needed it for summer alone (endothermic firepit and ice flingos).  In Don't Starve Together, for booster shots.  I just find it funny how it's pretty much useless in the vanilla version, though it becomes a must have in ROG and DST.

I use alot for beefalo salt licks, booster shots and gun powder... I wish Klei would raise the drop rate for it

Archived