F.L.E.C.K. - Scale for new and experienced players

Hi!

I've played with a lot of people in my past, and, of course, most of them had many different skill levels. It gets kind of hard to measure their skill and what I do/don't need to teach them, so I've made a scale for both new and experienced players to use to roughly propose how good they are (and how well they work with other people).

This will be split up into five scales, all from 1-5:

-(E) Efficiency (how well you plan out your days, your base, your boss fights)

Spoiler

1 - I never plan out my plan sessions, think about future days, make plans, or any of that stuff. I think about stuff spontaneously and make up plans by the second. My base is spread out, messy, and inefficient, and my inventory is always full.

2 - Occasionally, I do plan out days, but not very often. Sometimes I think about what I should do next when I'm waiting for the night to pass. Objects in my base are placed alright, but sometimes aren't very lined up/has a few flaws. I always drop stuff on the floor whenever I need to clean my messy inventory.

3 - For many big projects/advancements, I do plan out what I'm going to do to achieve my goals. My base looks pretty alright, and I have a chest to put items that I may lose in (such as rocks to protect from moleworms and pigskins to protect from Spiders).

4 - Every day, I plan out what I'm going to do in the next few days. My base looks great, I have a couple of chests to keep base looking clean, I always sort out my inventory and think about what I will and won't need for my next goal, and I place items in my base perfectly to make sure that they get covered by an Ice Flingomatic (unless I decide to base in the Caves) and I make sure that the Flingomatic doesn't touch my firepit.

5 - I keep tabs of my plans for the far future, no matter if it's tomorrow or in 15 days. I always know what I'm going to do next, and do certain actions before or after the next to make sure that it benefits me to the fullest with as less materials and time used as necessary. My base is perfectly symmetrical, covered by a Flingomatic (unless in caves), clean, efficient, safe, and supplemented.

6 - I'm too good for this scale.

-(F) FIghting (how well you know how to kite and kill various mobs and monsters)

Spoiler

1 - Fighting? What's that? I just let the Beefalo I base next to do everything. I can't kite, fight, or tank anything, not even a spider.

2 - I can kite a few mobs without dying - such as spiders, catcoons, maybe spider warriors, and even a hound if I'm lucky.

3 - Fighting groups of spiders, catcoons, and hounds are no problem. Spider warriors are a little tough, but if there aren't too many of them, I'll be fine. I can efficiently defend myself against early hound attacks, and I think I can kill butterflies now.

4 - Simple monsters are things of the past. Early hound attacks have become a cakewalk. I now know how to efficiently kill bigger monsters such as Beefalo, Tallbirds, Tentacles, and groups of Bees, though they may be a bit challenging in larger groups.  I may be able to pull of a Giant, but they're pretty hard to me.

5 - I no longer need to rely on monsters to fight each other to get rid of them. Simple monsters can easily be handled in hoardes, and bigger monsters will probably be able to be handled, provided that there aren't a million of them. As well as being able to defeat Giants singlehandedly, I also know strategies on how to kill other bosses, such as Krampus, Bee Queen, Toadstool, Klaus, and even the Ancient Fuelweaver.

6 - I'm too good for this scale, pleb.

-(C) Cooking (your knowledge of the most efficient crockpot recipes, and how to make them)

Spoiler

1 - Crockpot? What's that?

2 - I now know that the Crockpot is a structure that can make magical food item that I may want in my base. I only know one or two recipes, those being Meatballs and Wet Goop (if I put in all twigs). However, the food items used in the recipe may mathematically outweigh the value of the meatballs themselves. I'm still experimenting with some recipes.

3 - Oh, I know some pretty good recipes, like Bacon and Eggs, Honey Nuggets, maybe some other health-restoring foods, Meaty Stew, and of course, Meatballs are still with me. Occasionally, while making these (especially Meatballs), I stop to consider that the food items may outweigh the hunger value of the Meatballs themselves. I'm still experimenting with this.

4 - I know what food items are and aren't efficient, and what they're good at restoring. I know when individual items outweigh the hunger value of the crockpot food itself. I eat these if they outweigh the said hunger value, and I only use Meatballs to get rid of all of that Monster Meat.

5 - I basically know all of the crockpot foods in the game, and what they're good at restoring. I know exactly when items outweigh the hunger value of the food itself, and also know when this may be beneficial or can be used for other means (such as Monster Meat for Werepigs, instead of being used for Meatballs).

-(K) Character Knowledge (how much you know about your character, and strategies you use with them)

Spoiler

1 - But he's a robot, he shouldn't have sanity!

2 - I have a basic understanding of the perks and drawbacks of each character, but I'm not sure what they're going to do for me/how to use them.

3 - I now fully understand how the perks and drawbacks work, and I use them on occassion. However, I don't necesarilly use them efficiently.

4 - I have an extended idea of perks and drawbacks, I use them often, and I can use them effectively.

5 - I have a multibranch idea of a character's perks and drawbacks, I use them all the time, I use them extremely often, and I also used advanced tactics and strategies to use my character's power to the fullest.

6 - Boi, I am Wolfgang.

-(L) Leadership and Teamwork (how well you can cooperate and deal with other players)

Spoiler

1 - What is a "tee-am"?

2 -I know that there are other people, but I just make a base by myself, even if it's an administrated server with no risk of griefers.

3 - I do work in a base with other people, but for the most part, I do things alone as much as possible. I don't communicate and talk very well with my team.

4 - I frequently talk with my team about my plans for the upcoming days, and so do they. Whenever necessary, I do activities with them.

5 - I talk with my team well and communication is always fantastic. If there's someone who doesn't know something, I teach them politely. I know exactly when working together or working individually will be beneficial or hurtful, and I and my team establish tasks to each other to make sure that we all reach our goals efficiently and quickly.

6 - I lead all!

Formatting example: E4 F5 C4 K3 T3

Yes, I am aware that this scale is definitely subject to criticism, plus it may not fit in all cases. If you'd like, suggest more categories to add to this scale as there's probably a lot of them I'm missing out on, or you can suggest a change to it constructively. Thanks!

(I understand that this will probably cause controversy, arguments about subjective players, flame wars, etc., but please do not go there. The only reason why I made this is to make things easier for you and your friends. Do not let this become another meatballs nerf thread or else I'll just delete this topic because god almighty I've seen enough of those, thank you, goodbye.)

3 Efficiency 

4.5 I have trouble with the new bosses  F

5.5 Warly all the way C

2-3 I don't  use many characters often except for the main two(Wes and Warly) that I currently use but I know the other characters  well enough and hypothetically what would work well with them K

2 not on teams very often T

I'll answer tomorrow but i would suggest adding a category about all the knowledge of monster, like monster fighting each others, how to use mushroom to kill gobbler/damage bearger, putting trap to kill spider and stuff like this, all the thing that let you avoid direct fight.

After all, it could be pretty important to survive and obtain loot, especially when bad at fighting/kitting.

While I don't play DST that much, playing more DS,

E3.5  F3.5 C4.5 K3 T3

Spoiler

Efficiency 3.5 
I like to keep things organized and I have a plan (although this doesn't always match other players' plans*)
Fighting 3.5
While I can kite kite and kill certain monsters, I haven't the patience to do this and prefer getting other mobs to do it for me.
Cooking 4.5
I enjoy cooking and working with food, (I have a mod that adds nearly 100 recipes, so I do lose track of them )
Knowledge 3
I understand how most of the character abilities are supposed to be used, but I prefer to play WX always. Because robots
Teamwork 3
In a team base, just bring me ingredients and let me cook for everyone and I'll be fine organizing and cleaning up.
For the most part my playstyle and the way I plan my base conflicts with the way other players do things*
But that being said, if someone wants me to do something else, I am always willing to take direction.

* For example: I don't transplant grass or berry bushes, preferring to place my base near where they grow wild and simply venture out to harvest things.

E4: i always like things organized and i always know what should i do next in early game

F3: i can easily fight any mob, and giants. my only problem is kitting terrobeaks :_;

C4: im really good with le crock pot, they call me gordon ramsay.

K4: everyone should know this. its basic that woodie becomes useless and that willow is so bad at this moment, and that top tier are wolf wicker wx and maxwell.

T5: im always playing with newbies and teaching them how to play without getting mad, and im always talk with my teammates before doing something like building crafting or cooking, and i always share what i have with the annoucements mods to let them know what i have.

Efficiency 5 I'm usually that guy who has a shadow manipulator before the first winter.

Fighting 4.5 I can handle myself quite well with most things (assuming I have a good connection) and I know how to defeat most bosses (even a few I haven't actually fought myself yet). However I tend to struggle against large swarms of enemies. But I'm often careful/prepared enough to usually avoid a situation like that.

Cooking 4.5 I know my way around a crockpot fairly well. However I sometimes forget a few recipes.

Character Knowledge 5 Although I prefer using Maxwell, I know the ins and outs of pretty much everyone. I wouldn't have any problems if I was forced into selecting random at the character select.

Teamwork 3-5 I'm kinda mixed here. I'm usually a more quiet person, but that doesn't mean I don't help. I frequently gather food and resources off on my own, but for the most part it's to benefit the group in general. If anyone asks for my help I usually go assist them if I'm not already too busy doing something else. Although I generally play alone most of the time so poor communication could come from that. It's not often I hop onto random servers or have other friends playing.

E 5

Replace "long-term" 15 days with more like 100+ days, with screen shots and diagrams for where the roads will go, and a to-do list for what to stock in the chests by the touch stones.

(I assume megabases fall into the 6 category.)

F 4.5

4 in DST because I don't have a monopoly on a stockpile of jerky to manage sanity during boss fights.  I have no fear of tallbirds or treeguards, but wargs, ewecus, and spider queens can be a challenge.  Basically, I hate being swarmed or slimed.  It's not the Goose, it's the Moslings, y'know?

C 4.5

I don't remember a few recipes I don't use, like flower salad (1.5 veggie filler) and trail mix (berries, 0.5 fruit and a twig) (Wigfrid can't eat them).  I've memorized the rest, though.  And it's mostly farmed fruit and veggies that are better without the crock pot.  Or mushrooms and cacti.

K

4 for Wendy and Wigfrid, my DST mains.

5 for vanilla DS Willow, 4.5 for RoG Willow, 3 for DST.  I know advanced tricks that don't work anymore for a character that's rubbish without them, and I haven't learned to make the most of sanity freezing and Bernie yet.

3.5 for WX.  I've deliberately used telelocator staves to overcharge once in a while, but I've never teamed with a Wickerbottom or built a Mosling pen for unlimited power.

3 for Wickerbottom, Wilson, and Maxwell.

2 for Webber, Woodie, Wolfgang, and Wes.

T 3-4.5

I mostly join random servers rather than work in a close, well-organized team.  I don't have the leadership to corral a ragtag band of random newbies into a functioning team, so if everyone else isn't saying much or cooperating, then neither will I.  But I will try to place helpful sign posts, rescue people, teach some skills, kill the depth worms, or keep the ant lion appeased while the rest explore the caves.

E3 F2.5 C3.5 K3.5 T4

E:3 Efficiency : i'm not a planner, but i have chests, i know what to prepare for next season, i usually plant tree near pig village so i have a good source of wood. I don't transplant a lot of berry bushes, i usually don't need them. Sometimes i forget one or two importants things but globally it's working ok.

F:2.5 Fight : I can kite spiders, i can kite treeguards, i'm still unable to kite deerclop. I never killed butterfly (but i never really tried), and usually prefer to let things kill monster for me rather than fighting.

C:3.5 Cooking : I don't have exacts numbers in mind when cooking. I know most of the recipes, and most of the reasons of prefering one recipe rather than another, i do jerky. Also, crockpot is a good way to refresh a food if needed.

K:3.5 Character Knowledge : I play Wickerbottom so sometimes i don't use all my perks because she is very powerful and it's not even needed. I have a good idea about others characters perks.

T:4 Teamwork : i try to communicate a lot. Depending of the players i'm playing with, it's more or less easy (easier with friends). I try to share informations when possible, and if i have enough resource, make a map so news players could quickly have informations about the world (with my friends i play wilderness so map is even more useful).

12 hours ago, SkyCommision said:

Oh, I know some pretty good recipes, like Bacon and Eggs, Honey Nuggets

as a guy who often spends some time making food for party, i always disliked honey nuggets because of how bad cooking time of it is

E - i always sort my inventory, i plan eventy stuff like for full moon or when df will respawn, but my bases pretty messy, i guess it's 4.5

5 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Efficiency 5 I'm usually that guy who has a shadow manipulator before the first winter.

some people don't do it? boy, they are crazy

Efficiency: 3.5 I usually know what I'm going to do the next few days, getting wood for base building, stocking food, so on, though I do get distracted along the way. My solo base's usually more of a cozy organized mess with items in the chest and equipment strewn in a corner.

Fighting: 4 I know how to deal with most enemies decently, kite patterns and all, and some of the bosses including Dragonfly. Never tried facing against the harder optional bosses like Bee Queen, Toadstool, Klaus, or Fuelweaver in a legitimate fight yet thus far, though I'm aware of stuff like the fence strat for BQ and using Atrium structures to negate Fuelweaver jazz.

Cooking: 3 I still rely on meatballs and pierogi quite a bit. Just always forget what bacon and eggs and honey ham have that wins over metbals.

Character Knowledge: 4 I can play pretty much anyone normally without their playstyles impacting me much. Utilizing every character's abilities to the fullest is a nah for me when I've never tried Wendy or Webber much.

Teamwork: 4 I usually join the conversation if there's a few merry people chatting together already and do my part to contribute to the base, getting resources and finding walrus camps. Definitely not the social butterfly keeping chat alive in a mute server though!

F - 4

L - 5

E - 4

C - 5

K - 6

Someone should photoshop the SPECIAL system from Fallout into FLECK. Maybe if this system gets popular enough, we can see people on servers asking each other for their FLECK when they ask for base.

special.PNG

1 hour ago, Tylordian said:

F - 4

L - 5

E - 4

C - 5

K - 6

Someone should photoshop the SPECIAL system from Fallout into FLECK. Maybe if this system gets popular enough, we can see people on servers asking each other for their FLECK when they ask for base.

special.PNG

SObTTTc.png

Thanks for checking this thread out, guys! Rating yourself wasn't absolutely necessary, but now that you guys are already starting, might as well post them here for fun.

2 hours ago, Tylordian said:

Maybe if this system gets popular enough, we can see people on servers asking each other for their FLECK when they ask for bas

I don't think people need to start putting much stock into another worthless statistic again    I'd rather not have someone denounce someone's opinion's and belittle them because of their FLECK score 

(yes I know it's a joke but you never know if someone might take something seriously. (Pepe controversy)

15 hours ago, SkyCommision said:

Hi!

I've played with a lot of people in my past, and, of course, most of them had many different skill levels. It gets kind of hard to measure their skill and what I do/don't need to teach them, so I've made a scale for both new and experienced players to use to roughly propose how good they are (and how well they work with other people).

This will be split up into five scales, all from 1-5:

-(E) Efficiency (how well you plan out your days, your base, your boss fights)

Hide contents

1 - I never plan out my plan sessions, think about future days, make plans, or any of that stuff. I think about stuff spontaneously and make up plans by the second. My base is spread out, messy, and inefficient, and my inventory is always full.

2 - Occasionally, I do plan out days, but not very often. Sometimes I think about what I should do next when I'm waiting for the night to pass. Objects in my base are placed alright, but sometimes aren't very lined up/has a few flaws. I always drop stuff on the floor whenever I need to clean my messy inventory.

3 - For many big projects/advancements, I do plan out what I'm going to do to achieve my goals. My base looks pretty alright, and I have a chest to put items that I may lose in (such as rocks to protect from moleworms and pigskins to protect from Spiders).

4 - Every day, I plan out what I'm going to do in the next few days. My base looks great, I have a couple of chests to keep base looking clean, I always sort out my inventory and think about what I will and won't need for my next goal, and I place items in my base perfectly to make sure that they get covered by an Ice Flingomatic (unless I decide to base in the Caves) and I make sure that the Flingomatic doesn't touch my firepit.

5 - I keep tabs of my plans for the far future, no matter if it's tomorrow or in 15 days. I always know what I'm going to do next, and do certain actions before or after the next to make sure that it benefits me to the fullest with as less materials and time used as necessary. My base is perfectly symmetrical, covered by a Flingomatic (unless in caves), clean, efficient, safe, and supplemented.

6 - I'm too good for this scale.

-(F) FIghting (how well you know how to kite and kill various mobs and monsters)

Hide contents

1 - Fighting? What's that? I just let the Beefalo I base next to do everything. I can't kite, fight, or tank anything, not even a spider.

2 - I can kite a few mobs without dying - such as spiders, catcoons, maybe spider warriors, and even a hound if I'm lucky.

3 - Fighting groups of spiders, catcoons, and hounds are no problem. Spider warriors are a little tough, but if there aren't too many of them, I'll be fine. I can efficiently defend myself against early hound attacks, and I think I can kill butterflies now.

4 - Simple monsters are things of the past. Early hound attacks have become a cakewalk. I now know how to efficiently kill bigger monsters such as Beefalo, Tallbirds, Tentacles, and groups of Bees, though they may be a bit challenging in larger groups.  I may be able to pull of a Giant, but they're pretty hard to me.

5 - I no longer need to rely on monsters to fight each other to get rid of them. Simple monsters can easily be handled in hoardes, and bigger monsters will probably be able to be handled, provided that there aren't a million of them. As well as being able to defeat Giants singlehandedly, I also know strategies on how to kill other bosses, such as Krampus, Bee Queen, Toadstool, Klaus, and even the Ancient Fuelweaver.

6 - I'm too good for this scale, pleb.

-(C) Cooking (your knowledge of the most efficient crockpot recipes, and how to make them)

Hide contents

1 - Crockpot? What's that?

2 - I now know that the Crockpot is a structure that can make magical food item that I may want in my base. I only know one or two recipes, those being Meatballs and Wet Goop (if I put in all twigs). However, the food items used in the recipe may mathematically outweigh the value of the meatballs themselves. I'm still experimenting with some recipes.

3 - Oh, I know some pretty good recipes, like Bacon and Eggs, Honey Nuggets, maybe some other health-restoring foods, Meaty Stew, and of course, Meatballs are still with me. Occasionally, while making these (especially Meatballs), I stop to consider that the food items may outweigh the hunger value of the Meatballs themselves. I'm still experimenting with this.

4 - I know what food items are and aren't efficient, and what they're good at restoring. I know when individual items outweigh the hunger value of the crockpot food itself. I eat these if they outweigh the said hunger value, and I only use Meatballs to get rid of all of that Monster Meat.

5 - I basically know all of the crockpot foods in the game, and what they're good at restoring. I know exactly when items outweigh the hunger value of the food itself, and also know when this may be beneficial or can be used for other means (such as Monster Meat for Werepigs, instead of being used for Meatballs).

-(K) Character Knowledge (how much you know about your character, and strategies you use with them)

Hide contents

1 - But he's a robot, he shouldn't have sanity!

2 - I have a basic understanding of the perks and drawbacks of each character, but I'm not sure what they're going to do for me/how to use them.

3 - I now fully understand how the perks and drawbacks work, and I use them on occassion. However, I don't necesarilly use them efficiently.

4 - I have an extended idea of perks and drawbacks, I use them often, and I can use them effectively.

5 - I have a multibranch idea of a character's perks and drawbacks, I use them all the time, I use them extremely often, and I also used advanced tactics and strategies to use my character's power to the fullest.

6 - Boi, I am Wolfgang.

-(L) Leadership and Teamwork (how well you can cooperate and deal with other players)

Hide contents

1 - What is a "tee-am"?

2 -I know that there are other people, but I just make a base by myself, even if it's an administrated server with no risk of griefers.

3 - I do work in a base with other people, but for the most part, I do things alone as much as possible. I don't communicate and talk very well with my team.

4 - I frequently talk with my team about my plans for the upcoming days, and so do they. Whenever necessary, I do activities with them.

5 - I talk with my team well and communication is always fantastic. If there's someone who doesn't know something, I teach them politely. I know exactly when working together or working individually will be beneficial or hurtful, and I and my team establish tasks to each other to make sure that we all reach our goals efficiently and quickly.

6 - I lead all!

Formatting example: E4 F5 C4 K3 T3

Yes, I am aware that this scale is definitely subject to criticism, plus it may not fit in all cases. If you'd like, suggest more categories to add to this scale as there's probably a lot of them I'm missing out on, or you can suggest a change to it constructively. Thanks!

(I understand that this will probably cause controversy, arguments about subjective players, flame wars, etc., but please do not go there. The only reason why I made this is to make things easier for you and your friends. Do not let this become another meatballs nerf thread or else I'll just delete this topic because god almighty I've seen enough of those, thank you, goodbye.)

Efficiency: I'm organized and plan things out.  I don't plan them out too early, but early enough.  Like day 12, I realize that I should probably plan for Winter when I'm on a server with others.  When I'm by myself, then I start planning on day 17.

Fighting: I can fight beefalo and Tallbirds, don't worry.  I just can't fight tentacles.  I'm not good at kiting, and I prefer to tank.  Unfortunately, tentacles aren't the best enemies to tank.  I can also fight SOME bosses well (Goose and Deerclops).  Though I have to plan a lot in advance (like months) in order to fight the Bearger and Dragonfly.  

Cooking: I know the value of meals and only use meatballs to get rid of monster meat while stocking up on food.  At the same time, I don't know how to make the recipes sometimes, so I have to look them up on my phone real quick.

Knowledge (characters): I become my characters and base my whole strategy around them.  I also pick my character based on who's on the server to avoid duplicates and get good synergy.  Like, I'll pick Webber if Wendy's on the server and Wickerbottom if Wigfrid's on the server.  

Leadership (Teamwork): Not the best at this. :p  I do share a base with other people, but we all go our separate ways for a while and then meet back, at the same time, during a boss fight.  We tend to spend more time together during harsh seasons though.  Also...  I do talk about strategy, but I'm not one to talk a lot.  ESPECIALLY about things not related to them game.

8 hours ago, ZolaRay said:

E4: i always like things organized and i always know what should i do next in early game

F3: i can easily fight any mob, and giants. my only problem is kitting terrobeaks :_;

C4: im really good with le crock pot, they call me gordon ramsay.

K4: everyone should know this. its basic that woodie becomes useless and that willow is so bad at this moment, and that top tier are wolf wicker wx and maxwell.

T5: im always playing with newbies and teaching them how to play without getting mad, and im always talk with my teammates before doing something like building crafting or cooking, and i always share what i have with the annoucements mods to let them know what i have.

Not all the time.  I do main Wicker and Wolf, but I also main Webber as well.  Also...  My brother plays WX, but I wouldn't touch him or Maxwell with a 10 foot pole.  I don't like extensive exploring required to get gears for WX, and Maxwell's health is something I can't get past.  Loss of points for the fact that I suck at farming nightmare fuel, so bleh.

My bases are extremely well organized, optimized and so on; but planning.. that's "general" at best with no strict time limit. Most of my planning is dependent on seasons, because so are the 4 casual giants plus Klaus and some much-needed resources. Rest when respective preparations are ready and depend on discovery.. plus my whims. Thus I would appreciate I have some guidelines but not strictly time-dependent. Well I kinda keep track of hounds and worms attacks, but being able to fight them whenever and wherever removes needed time-attention. For marble statues and shadow chess pieces there is a requirement to be mindful of the moon phases, but after 3 Shadow Atriums interest fades away (still fighting those mobs is fun enough). In the end the correlation of being organized and keeping tabs of plans for near/far future isn't so strong. Am I efficient? Probably not. But there isn't a competition and after first year I thrive in caves already with a complete base as structures/transplanted stuff goes (functionally and aesthetically).

On topic:

(E) Efficiency: 5 (minus strict and timely plans);
(F) Fighting: 4-5;
(C) Cooking: 3-4;
(K) Character Knowledge: 4;
(T) Teamwork and Leadership: 3 if randoms in pubs (mostly because of fearing griefers) or 4-5 if friends.

Hmm a list I can take advantage of and say 5 for all of them?! Great!!

Yea no I would call myself competent at this game not so much an expert and not so much a beginner however I will see what kind of honest answer I can get out of myself. If you think I need to rethink my answer I'm all for it!

11 hours ago, ZolaRay said:

... I don't know what to say to this except nothing... deep breaths self deep breaths this isn't a character balance thread calm your Woodie main heart down...

Efficiency 3: I would call myself an ok planner sometimes going a bit too far ahead but when it comes to placing a base I know where to go. As for planning certain events I tend to overrun myself with ideas but can sort it all out in the end given time. I find placing base items down aside from a couple crock pots next to a fridge and planting tree farms I can get a bit sloppy though I try my best. If it counts for anything I try to keep my inventory into a well sorted pattern and often avoid using backpacks to keep my body slot open for other items if the situation allows it. (AKA if I'm not playing Grave Danger Lottery)

Fighting 4: I would not call myself an expert in combat by any means however I can kite most basic mobs such as spiders, bees, or hounds. Shadow creatures I'm ok with provided I'm only fighting 1 or 2. Treegaurds prove easy if I can get the right rhythm meaning if I'm joining the fight and not making the first swing I tend to get hit once or twice trying to get in sync with my friends. Giants remain tough for me and I have yet to solo one and tend to let my team do the fighting while I busy myself with gathering or other tasks that need doing at the time.

Cooking 5: I think I can call myself well workable with the crockpot. I did a lot of research before buying and playing the game and know just about every recipe. Since one of my friends plays Webber and farms the heck out of spider quarries I tend to spend my spare moments making sure that meat doesn't rot so I've learned my fair share of techniques.

Character Knowledge 5: I hate to give myself two fives and think I'm probably pushing my experience but when it comes to raw research I'm all over it. I know every character's skills however I stick to playing Woodie. I find myself using my werebeaver form for more than what people tend to consider. Using it as a method for chopping when the tree farm is large enough or clearing out the base area. I also tend to take advantage of the sanity drain if we have spare pine cones for an emergency exit and use it as a ways to go insane for nightmare fuel.

Teamwork 4: After I met some friends and found myself with them often I tend to avoid pubs. I find them reliable to communicate with and I do my best to tell what I'm doing so we can organize the best possible situation. As such I was never the best with coaching new players and I tend to either tell them to much at once and overwhelm them or my anger courses a little when they do something that seems rather dumb.

Overall I believe that in raw knowledge points of the game I perform well however when it comes to the mechanical skill and doing it I tend to slip up every now and again failing to kite major bosses and execute appropriate base organization though I can keep a steady inventory. Lone-wolfing is by no means my style of play however I try not to rely on my group to perform too many things (I tend to try and make up for a lack of combat capability with exploring the caves with beaver night vision in the early game if I get the chance)

Maybe you should update the OP list to spell out F.L.E.C.K? Anyway, I'm posting here might as well fill out what I think of my DST skills:

-(F) 5: I don't really play with other people a whole lot, so I kinda had to learn how to fend off enemies and giants myself to get somewhere, heheh.

-(L) 3: Again, I normally don't play with others. If I do join a pub for whatever reason, I'll normally do activities alone. (Exploration, mob fighting, etc.)

-(E) 4: I don't even consider placing a base until I outline the map and locate the Beefalo, Walrus Camps, and Pig King. Then I just work from there.

-(C) 5: I'm a Warly main. I know the stats and how to make pretty much any crock pot food. v('-' )v

-(K) 5: I'd go 6 but I don't main Golfwang. I know about every character and how to use each of their perks effectively.

Just to clarify, the Character Knowledge (K) field applies to all characters and not just Wolfgang (I barely ever play him). The 6 rating was meant to imply that someone may be so experienced in handling a character that it almost seems like they are the character themselves, in this case, Wolfgang.

F4.5. I know how to properly kite all single player giants and monsters provided that there is no lag, but I get overwhelmed by groups of hounds and sometimes spiders.

L3?. I don't really know. I don't like working in groups and can't imagine...  compromising (*shudder*)... but I've never really played multiplayer. For all I know I could be fine.

E5. I generally plan exactly what I'm going to do and at exactly what time of year to do it.

C4.5. I know all recipes I can ever see myself using, like Bacon and Eggs, Honey Ham/Nuggets, Dragonpie, Taffy, etc., but not things like guacamole that just kind of exist. I also know the stats of all the things I actually eat (again, not things like guacamole).

K5. I thoroughly know all upsides and downsides of all the characters, even the ones that I would never play with.

Archived