Whats going on ?

So its been a while since the puzzle and nothings happened and there is no date for anything either. wats goin ern? This is probably the most pointless post ever but is anything going to happen this year devs ? has any news come out or anything? 

Holy crap guys DST hasn't updated in 2 weeks let's pack up and move onto the next thing.

Spoiler

Seriously though, Klei's busy with all their other games in development atm, ONI, Hot Lava, Griftlands, Console ports, etc. They aren't abandoning DST though, that's just absurd. Especially with the "What Lies Beyond?" video. There'll most likely be another puzzle next year revealing more lore and possibly giving us more content.

tl;dr, chill tf out and be patient

40 minutes ago, JellyUltra said:

Have you guys never played any other game but Minecraft? Not all games need constant updates.

We aren't asking for a constant string of updates that introduce new things into the game constantly. As contradictory as this may sound from the last post I made on that other thread, I'd also be fine with a roadmap or something from a dev that explains what they might have in store for players in the future. Not just, "Yep, we're working on it. Can't tell you guys anything yet." And yes, I am aware that we recently received the 'A New Reign' series of updates, but the team went mostly silent after it was released. If a dev had said something along the lines of, "Well, we hope you enjoy the new update! We have some other projects at the moment, but once we properly finish and release our other games in development, we'll be sure to let you know what's in the future for DST/ ONI/ Griftlands etc. etc..."

I get it, if something can't be implemented properly and it was a feature that was promised/announced, members of the community will be upset and betrayed. But I still appreciate the level of communication that we have now. At least it isn't what players have to put up with with TF2, where Valve keeps their updates developing in secrecy and then announce it a week before it's released, while not really telling what the update brings specifically to the game. It's a fragile balance, promising something and announcing new updates. I get it. The dev team is only human.

2 minutes ago, TheKingDedede said:

Not just, "Yep, we're working on it. Can't tell you guys anything yet."

I think it's a necessity for now.

But during ANR, we got this :

- three or four weeks before, we got a shape, and tried to guess what it was.

- one week later, the shape was usually revealed, and if there was a stream, some informations started to come

- then the next week, usually we got a stream about the update, showing some content, and a poster

- then release.

So when they have something they communicate and it's pretty nice. We have first to guess, then more and more accurate informations, and the poster is usually very nice. So i'm sure we'll have a lot of nice informations when the time will come (even if it will maybe not implie posters and shape this time)

Sorry to disappoint, but things are pretty much back to normal. Updates come at random times and the devs are usually "hush, hush" on whatever they're working on. This is kinda how things worked before ANR for the most part. Now that ANR is over it seems like the players it brought in are freaking out now that things are back to being fairly quiet. Who knows? Perhaps they're working on the next batch of DLC already but it's way too early to give any promises. Through the Ages was talked about fairly often, but things got fleshed out and it eventually got renamed to A New Reign. Maybe they're fleshing things out a bit more this time before mentioning it. Or maybe they're not. I dunno. I don't work at Klei. I'm just randomly speculating. Whatever their reason for being quiet, I'm sure it's a good one. We'll just have to wait and see.

The ANR beta updates were spaced out over a long enough time that players became used to getting them and started to think that DS games are always like that. However, it only happens when they have a major chunk of new content, like Shipwrecked or ANR, coming out. In between those releases, not much happens. We don't know when the next one will be, but I agree with TheKingDedede that a bit more of a flourish at the end of ANR would have clarified this and kept players from repeatedly getting their hopes up in vain.

Got to love all the arbitrary criticism people throw at any body who asks about what's happening with the game.

It's not like the developers have had zero transparency about the game since ANRs release.

It's not like there is no current roadmap or pinned statement about the future or present state of the game at all.

It's not like only specific updates on Steam have patch notes posted and the rest get downloaded silently.

It's not like the patch notes posted on the forums get buried after a week or two.

Perhaps in 3XXX humans will have evolved beyond the need to blindly condemn anything they possibly can that isn't in their narrow inner circle of knowledge and social acceptance. It's unlikely, but hey optimism totally doesn't ever lead to disappoint at all.

Archived