Creating my own symbol to Override

Hey everyone! I'm trying to create my own symbol so I'll be able to override it (e.g: owner.AnimState:OverrideSymbol("swap_object", "swap_axe", "swap_axe")

I've searched for some information, but I failed :/

My spriter project here

Let's say that I need to be able to override a "SWAP_ICON-0" image.

Any help? 

Oh, and if someone'll help me, I'll give you Cool Shadow Clothes!

Thanks everyone for trying to help :D!

• Like 1

Hi,

I am unsure what you are trying to achieve? You want to make a custom animation with your own symbol? Or you want to add symbols to the existing game animations?

If it is the second one, this is not possible.

6 hours ago, ZupaleX said:

Hi,

I am unsure what you are trying to achieve? You want to make a custom animation with your own symbol? Or you want to add symbols to the existing game animations?

If it is the second one, this is not possible.

I want to make a custom animation with my own symbol

• Like 1

In your animation you add a sprite which can be whatever and animate it. You can name it however you want.I personally use something which has vaguely the shape of what I want to animate, it's easier.

You then need to create an item like you would create any other item and when you play your custom anim you override the symbol

The main lines:

For instance let's say you have an animation with a symbol you named ""my_symbol"

Create an object the same way you would create any other item. I assume a spriter file named "my_object" and png inside a folder named "swap_my_object".

When displaying the animation you do an OverrideSymbol("my_symbol", "my_object", "swap_my_object")

and voilà

On 31.07.2017 at 9:59 PM, ZupaleX said:

In your animation you add a sprite which can be whatever and animate it. You can name it however you want.I personally use something which has vaguely the shape of what I want to animate, it's easier.

You then need to create an item like you would create any other item and when you play your custom anim you override the symbol

The main lines:

For instance let's say you have an animation with a symbol you named ""my_symbol"

Create an object the same way you would create any other item. I assume a spriter file named "my_object" and png inside a folder named "swap_my_object".

When displaying the animation you do an OverrideSymbol("my_symbol", "my_object", "swap_my_object")

and voilà

Thenks! Give me your trde link, so I'll be able to give you a gift :) 

• Like 1