playing an online created server in lan mode!

hi every body I was wondering is that possible that we can play an online created server in  LAN mode?

i created a server long time ago and i am 1300 days old now, i wanted to play with my friend but due to the bad connectivity our game becoming very laggy, i decided maybe we can make the online created server to work as an offline server.

On 7/26/2017 at 10:58 AM, amirbaseball said:

hi every body I was wondering is that possible that we can play an online created server in  LAN mode?

i created a server long time ago and i am 1300 days old now, i wanted to play with my friend but due to the bad connectivity our game becoming very laggy, i decided maybe we can make the online created server to work as an offline server.

Hello! If you are in the same LAN, yes. Switch the "Friends-Only" to Local, your friend will need to look in the LAN tab of his game to find your world. 

Here are some tips to reduce your bandwidth lag (which is why dedicated servers are so popular).

-Reduce the amount of enemies, trees, tumbleweeds, etc.  Things like bees will spawn a numerous amount of prefabs into your world, even if you're nowhere near them!  But on the downside, flowers will become quite rare without these guys around.

-Create a smaller world, default or less.

-If using minimap hud mod, change the "throttling" to less than default, maybe around 5-8 times a second.

-If using global positions, disable map sharing.  This can cause some serious lag.

-Disable caves (yes I know caves are fun, but kinda make the game easy since people like to avoid summer/winter with it), challenge yourself a bit! hehe

-Disable frograin (or make it less frequent).

Anyways I hope some of this info may help you, it is possible to host an o.k. game without a dedicated server as long as you reduce the amount of prefabs in your world and adjust settings appropriately.

9 hours ago, NamelessRonin said:

Here are some tips to reduce your bandwidth lag (which is why dedicated servers are so popular).

-Reduce the amount of enemies, trees, tumbleweeds, etc.  Things like bees will spawn a numerous amount of prefabs into your world, even if you're nowhere near them!  But on the downside, flowers will become quite rare without these guys around.

-Create a smaller world, default or less.

-If using minimap hud mod, change the "throttling" to less than default, maybe around 5-8 times a second.

-If using global positions, disable map sharing.  This can cause some serious lag.

-Disable caves (yes I know caves are fun, but kinda make the game easy since people like to avoid summer/winter with it), challenge yourself a bit! hehe

-Disable frograin (or make it less frequent).

Anyways I hope some of this info may help you, it is possible to host an o.k. game without a dedicated server as long as you reduce the amount of prefabs in your world and adjust settings appropriately.

All good tips, but they're talking about an existing world. 

Archived