Is DST dead?

1 hour ago, Donke60 said:

Would be nice to have are questions answered in a timely manner

And how it wasn't the case ? The answer come some time ago, already. More than a month, maybe two. How isn't enough ?

• Developer
2 hours ago, The Curator said:

Yes, and it has been apparent for literally months by the fact that they've; not said anything. Like at all.

That was the joke is that, as one who has been waiting for months and not heard anything; it's highly amusing to hear them mention they aren't ready to talk, even if it's to a person who doesn't know that yet, because that's been the main plight pretty much since ANR was finished.

But hey at least it took them an entire chunk of a year, to make a statement that they don't want to make a statement. Yeah.

I mean, it's not all that common to see companies sharing every single thing they plan on doing. Klei has always done things this way, as far as I remember.

I prefer not knowing until is pretty certain it will be done. I saw a lot of games making promise and disappointing people.

I expected TTA and it was changed, and i could totally understand why some things never came (because not everything could work, or things could require too much work, or...), but it create expectations, and expectations not fulfilled are worse than some people complaining about not having informations some months after the last update.

So better to not tell too much. Even if i would like, a day, someone explaining "we tried this, this didn't work because of this and this". I like gamedesign, and knowing what isn't working and choice of design is as great as knowing the choice or process behing a new feature. But only when there is no expectation, because i don't want to think "it will be amazing to have (insert here a feature) and month later, learn that it's abandonned because it's not possible.

It's summer, people are playing less during this season (because it is too hot and they need to stay near endothermic fire), so it's just normal that they aren't bigger updates currently. The typical summer break. Ask again in october ;)

5 minutes ago, Queron81 said:

It's summer, people are playing less during this season (because it is too hot and they need to stay near endothermic fire), so it's just normal that they aren't bigger updates currently. The typical summer break. Ask again in october ;)

Besides ONI and Griftlands also being worked on at the moment.

16 hours ago, Mueck said:

Oh yes, the Slipstor! I would love to know what it was once meant to do. ;)

It gave you foot massages. I should know, I interrogate JoeW vigorously on these things.

On 7/25/2017 at 3:26 PM, JoeW said:

Nope. We're just not ready to talk about what we're working on yet. 

Hopefully some of it will do with class balance.

Wickerbottom and Wolfgang are currently so broken that playing any other character seems like a waste of time.

A little balance will go a long way, in my opinion.

It's a quiet time right now, for sure. But like I said previously we don't announce something until we are absolutely sure it will happen. And because we like to experiment, unfortunately sometimes that can take a while. 

It's not the first time and certainly not the longest time we have been in a quiet period. It's important that we don't announce something and then later decide we don't want to do it - or feel obligated to finish something we don't believe in. We like to try new things with everything we do, and that takes time. 

When we are ready to announce, a good amount of information will be coming out and it will not be long before you will be able to see it for yourselves. You just have to hang in there, we are trying to get the bulk of the work done before we announce, so you won't have to wait too long after we announce it. 

So from now until the end of time; if anybody asks if the game is dead, direct them to this post. It will remain true until we let you know otherwise. :wilson_vforvictory:

Archived