The Obligatory Forum Upgrade Thread

ImDaMisterL

17 minutes ago, vingw said:

Titles are like scars. Once you get one, you must carry it for the rest of your life. They are a reminder of the past. They are a reminder of who you are. You can try and hide it, but deep down, the scar is still there. Titles do not go away. embrace them.

I don't think being called "swanky"  is much of a scar.

It might be too late to say this but on mobile we finally see the recent posts and topics which I'm glad for but instead of having them at the bottom of the page can we have them at the top. It's really easy to miss I just found out about it recently it's just a lot to scroll through on mobile 

I just started using this forum any having an issue. I never get notified when following a topic. I have it set to email me only once about a topic until I visit the site. I never get any emails and therefor never really following any topic.

Edit:

When trying to follow this topic now I'm getting a message"You cannot use this option because you have not chosen how the notification should be sent. Notification Settings"

I set me settings, I enabled this site to send me notifications; I don't understand what to do. I just want to follow a topic by getting one email when new content is posted.

The changes I noticed so long:

We got a mark for threads with polls, it's really cool :)   

upgrade1.png.3a27155158349106987d4a9c012123fa.png

The search bar looks a bit messed up :P  Which dev is to be pingged with such issues, btw?

upgrade2.png.a3d6701013c492cd7f681ff8905ee758.png 

Oh, and I couldn't upload unnamed files :( (print screen into paint, then cropping and copy/pasting image here resulted in this informative message, plus "upload failed")

upgrade3.png.77d8110f637675161545511403783dd0.png

Oh, and there are new emojis (always welcome) :victorious: Tho some aren't working :( :wilsontricycle: :wolfgangstache: 
Also, the emoji panel is huuuuuuge (both in positive and negative meaning), I suppose the width would be better if the images would be correctly displayed. I got lost a bit between all these new and old pictures :D Also, I really want to see how those new ones would look like.

upgrade4.thumb.png.d4e9187dbc4ad9262f803e3ace3916ca.png

Are there more changes? What else did you find?

(edit: is it just me who gets "502 bad gateway" so often? It feels like every second link I click fails to load. Servers are overloaded, maybe?)

Archived