Can we get a better drop quality or trade-in (SKINS) for PS4?

The fact Ive had DST on PS4 since launch and try my very best to play at least 5 hours a week to get 3 of the 4 weekly skins..

90% being a common, 9% being classy, 1% something rarer..

Then the trade-in 9 commons (roughly 3 weeks of playing) to only get another classy tier item?? Okay lets do the math, then to trade in 9 classy items would take 27 weeks, minus the rare times we might've got a classy weekly drop.. So 20-25 weeks? For 1 Spiffy rarity item?  Its just not worth the week-to-week time investment for skins. 

At the moment i only have 3 distinguished tier skins. That's the highest rarity im currently at coming up on almost a year of playing the game... Lets say for the moment, a life cycle for the average game is what? 2 years before the playerbase starts dying off? But for some multiplayer/community driven games it can go 5 years possibly. Even then, at 5 years with the current system i will be lucky to get even 1 Character theme skin when there are dozens of character skins.

Also when I eventually do get my 9 distinguished skins.. Why would I ever want to trade them in? Unless they're duplicates 

Ive never seen a person play with a character theme skin, and only once back in January saw my friend somehow by insane odds get one of those animal backpack themes that im still jealous about.

So if I made a suggestion, increase the drop rate of rarer tier items. Or i know occasionally you do special weeks where its guaranteed classy tier or higher but I have no clue when you Dev's plan such events. So a comment when those dates take place would be good, so I know when to hop onto game.

I vote for this change or to be changed in general on all platforms and before you say something on PC it doesn't matter because we have the Steam market we still have the bad drops and most buyers don't get the full three or four cents  you see they only get like two cents because tax

The drop in rates need to be adjusted or the trade and has to be more valuable than that place you go when you have nothing better to do

53 minutes ago, Mafiabrett said:

So if I made a suggestion, increase the drop rate of rarer tier items. Or i know occasionally you do special weeks where its guaranteed classy tier or higher but I have no clue when you Dev's plan such events. So a comment when those dates take place would be good, so I know when to hop onto game.

They usually increase the drop rates like they did before on national holidays like Christmas and Halloween but again that's only about two times a year and it's not a guarantee drop for an hour gap or something good

6 hours ago, Mafiabrett said:

Also when I eventually do get my 9 distinguished skins.. Why would I ever want to trade them in? Unless they're duplicates 

You can only trade in common to spiffy in the trade-inn, I have once gotten an elegant character head from trading in a couple commons before so there's that, but good luck getting the stuff you actually want without a market to buy them.

Would be nice if they implemented that one system they talked about on a stream once.

5 hours ago, Donke60 said:

They usually increase the drop rates like they did before on national holidays like Christmas and Halloween but again that's only about two times a year and it's not a guarantee drop for an hour gap or something good

I only got a glommy guise from that event. :(

I totally agree whit this. Something need to be done. I also have the game since the beginning and it is our favorite game with my girlfriend. We play few hours per week (enough for the drops) , but the skins are...pfff...nothing special. Only once i had Distinguished (the shadow armor) and that's it. Everything is common...with few classy exceptions. Until i trade common for classy, classy for spiffy, spiffy for Distinguished...the life cycle of the game will be finished...

Couldn't agree more. Klei if a marketplace or a way to trade skins (with other players) is too difficult to accomplish on PS4/console you should change something about how we get skins. Either change the drop rate, change trade-in value, change rarity % or something. Maybe have 1 week a month get double skins. Add more special drop days like they do on Christmas. Pls Klei

22 hours ago, Donke60 said:

I vote for this change or to be changed in general on all platforms and before you say something on PC it doesn't matter because we have the Steam market we still have the bad drops and most buyers don't get the full three or four cents  you see they only get like two cents because tax

The drop in rates need to be adjusted or the trade and has to be more valuable than that place you go when you have nothing better to do

Yeah totally, I know not all players use the marketplace. I haven't played the PC version since last year so I don't know what the general consensus is over there, I just know on PS4 there isn't the option to trade skins for 1 particular skin you really want.

Archived