[HELP] Unlocking Weapons Tab only for Custom Character

Okay, so, I'm creating a custom character of Deku from My Hero Academia. Due to his addictionarrow-10x10.png to writing down heroes' tactics, I want to make him have everything in the combat tab unlocked upon spawn. Is there any way to do this? The closest thing I've gotten was Wickerbottom's tech level, but I don't want the rest of the items unlocked, just the Combat Tab.

Also, I have been having trouble adding in a part where you take damage when attacking with your fists. I raised the base attack of Deku's fists to 50, and i have this line of code I got from another forum post that should work.

inst:ListenForEvent("onattackother", function(inst, data)
	local handslot = inst.components.inventory:GetEquippedItem(EQUIPSLOTS.HANDS)
	if not handslot then
		inst.componentsHEALTH:DoDelta(-10)
		inst.sg:GoToState("hit")
	end
end)

How do I get that to work, where do I put it in my deku.lua? I tried putting it next to all of my stats and it crashes upon launch, so that clearly doesn't work.

I'm new to all aspects of modding. The only programing I know any basics of is RobotC, and even the artwork took me a long time to finish, would really like some help.

P.S. I'm using the extended sample character shipwrecked edition if that changes anything.

On 7/17/2017 at 3:06 AM, FashionablyRin said:

Okay, so, I'm creating a custom character of Deku from My Hero Academia. Due to his addiction to writing down heroes' tactics, I want to make him have everything in the combat tab unlocked upon spawn. Is there any way to do this? The closest thing I've gotten was Wickerbottom's tech level, but I don't want the rest of the items unlocked, just the Combat Tab.

You might try looking into the 'blueprint' items and see how crafting is taught to a character in that way,
Or just have the character start the game with the desired blueprints ... "spear_blueprint", etc.
It's not as elegant as what you want, but it gets the job done.

Archived