How heat in environments work?

I am a bit confused. I assumed originally that environment isolated from everything around it will try to have a temperature it originally had.

For example, build a termoisolated room around starting point will lead to about 20C room. So, I assume if I build a termoisolated room in ice biom it will try to go to -20 or so. But my room i build tends to stay at 13C. So, I am confused, is ambient temperature termoisolated room always will want to be is 20C? It will explain what I observe. But that means if I remove all cost stuff from cold biom it will become +20C room?

Nothing keeps cold biomes cold except wheezeworts. Everything else just happens to be cold and will warm if not insulated.

If you are planting crops like sleet wheat, every fresh planting place down 400kg of 20c genetic ooze. This will wreck your cold biome in time if you dont take active measures.

18 minutes ago, Whispershade said:

every fresh planting place down 400kg of 20c genetic ooze

Which should be fixed, IMHO: way less weight (as it's only a seed) and it should start with the temperature of the planter box / farm tile.

Nothing against the plant itself producing temperature (or a lack thereof) while it's growing...

So, if I understand correctly The only thin that stand between me and thermal death is wheezeworts Hydrogen rooms, cool it down by pumping cold hydrogen from wheezeworts room with probably a few thermal coolers afterwards and then use this cold hydrogen to cool everything i need to cool? I make an assumption that efficiency of wheezeworts will depend on temperature and thermal conductivity of there surrounding. So surround them with hydrogen at heat producing machinery should be optimum?

4 hours ago, Mutineer said:

So, if I understand correctly The only thin that stand between me and thermal death is wheezeworts Hydrogen rooms, cool it down by pumping cold hydrogen from wheezeworts room with probably a few thermal coolers afterwards and then use this cold hydrogen to cool everything i need to cool? I make an assumption that efficiency of wheezeworts will depend on temperature and thermal conductivity of there surrounding. So surround them with hydrogen at heat producing machinery should be optimum?

It isn't the only thing.  There are a number of ways to curtail the effects of heating. A lot of machines have fixed output, so you can send 95c water through abyssalite pipes to an electrolyzer and it will always produce 70c gas. Scrubbers always produce 40c polluted water in the same manner. So the heat of a geyser, if sealed, doesn't need to touch your base.

Other things like the natural gas generator produce by-product at the temperature of the machine. And with hydrogen and wheezeworts you can cool the device which produces cold by-product to cool other things in a virtuous cycle. Heat seemed like a very intimidating challenge for a long time, but it actually turns out to be fairly manageable.

The link is my ultimately successful attempt at exploiting the coolant effect of Natural Gas Generators. I have 14 Natgas Gens, 5 hydrogen gens and 24 batteries with a maximum temp of 5c off of just two wheezeworts. The real challenge was the risk of ice-over.

Archived