Share Play on Steam needs another product key to play

It sounds like the person who is allowing you to play may need to enable some settings on their own Steam account. Have them check out this article and see if going through the troubleshooting helps https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=3784-QLBM-5731#howtoplay. If it doesn't, your friend will likely need to contact Steam directly for more support. 

But also @JoeW sorry to call on you directly, but could you or another employee confirm... is Steam Sharing allowed with DS? I saw in the Steam FAQs that some developers/publishers don't allow it, so I didn't want to waste OP's friends time if the simple answer was "nope". I found some old threads from a few years ago that recommended contacting Steam directly, but couldn't find anything concrete saying whether Klei actually authorizes sharing or not.

DS is available for Family Sharing: it doesn't have exfgls ("exclude from game library sharing" - see DS' SteamDB entry), and games unavaliable are not displayed for the recipient. The CD keys aren't needed to play DS through Steam, just to download the standalone version. I don't know if for some reason Steam displays a warning that the CD keys have already been redeemed, but if you have the option to "Launch anyway" or something similar, you're good to go. And welcome to the forums!

Archived