Connecting... issue is back

I try to start a local split screen game and it prompts my second player to sign up for PS Plus. She declines and we try to start the game and it ends up stuck on Connecting... I have PS Plus, but I would rather not have to pay for 2 accounts. Any fixes?

• Developer

Hi @Kaito32

I've tried to reproduce your issue, but haven't been able to. I've included my steps below if you want to check if you're doing something differently.

I also wanted to mention that since you have one account with PSN+, you should be able to share the + online capabilities with all other PSN accounts (non-+) on your PS4 if you make it your primary PS4. Then you'd both be able to play online or offline and you should no longer get the PSN+ prompt on second player sign in.

Also, in the future please post issues like this in the bug tracker rather than in the main forum.

Steps:

- start with two accounts, one PSN+ and the other regular PSN

- boot game from PSN+ account

- choose to play in offline mode

- host game

- load an offline game (also tried creating an new offline game)

- both players get into game. I didn't have any issues getting past the "Connecting" popup to the player select and into game

6 hours ago, CharlesB said:

Hi @Kaito32

I've tried to reproduce your issue, but haven't been able to. I've included my steps below if you want to check if you're doing something differently.

I also wanted to mention that since you have one account with PSN+, you should be able to share the + online capabilities with all other PSN accounts (non-+) on your PS4 if you make it your primary PS4. Then you'd both be able to play online or offline and you should no longer get the PSN+ prompt on second player sign in.

Also, in the future please post issues like this in the bug tracker rather than in the main forum.

Steps:

- start with two accounts, one PSN+ and the other regular PSN

- boot game from PSN+ account

- choose to play in offline mode

- host game

- load an offline game (also tried creating an new offline game)

- both players get into game. I didn't have any issues getting past the "Connecting" popup to the player select and into game

A fix for this: make sure both accounts are appearing online. Sometimes when players choose to appear offline, the game registers them as such and doesn't let them play on their online-created worlds. PS+ is also not required to play online, as long as an account on the system has it, all accounts are allowed to create/play online worlds.

Archived