I feel like Donald Trump with the way this is looking currently in its construction.

But its to keep the hot air out, not  the Mexicans   ;)

So I have about at least a dozen cycles of algae and food, so I am trying something,

Building a massive wall 2 tiles thick of sandstone insulated tiles around my whole living area i'm gonna need before I start to clutter up the area with the machines.

295fb63aa5e591b2693c717219d1ff37.jpg
https://gyazo.com/295fb63aa5e591b2693c717219d1ff37

LOL

31 minutes ago, MythN7 said:

sandstone insulated tiles

Why don't you go to mine some abyssalite instead? 1 standard tile thick abyssalite wall is much more efficient at keeping the heat on the other side and can be built much faster. 

There's even some abyssalite at the bottom right corner of your wall.

2 hours ago, Kasuha said:

Why don't you go to mine some abyssalite instead? 1 standard tile thick abyssalite wall is much more efficient at keeping the heat on the other side and can be built much faster.

Got me curious about that. Wasn't expecting just how terrible everything else is when compared to it.

temp.png

2 hours ago, Kasuha said:

because you seem to go threw it quite quickly, and i like to save it for my pipes.

27 minutes ago, MythN7 said:

because you seem to go threw it quite quickly, and i like to save it for my pipes.

I threw abyssalite to almost all my walls and pipes and it's still my second most abundant available resource. Used to be first until I threw so much of it to buildings.

5 hours ago, MythN7 said:

Do you use it for insulated tiles and pipes?  It'll stretch a lot farther if you only use it on regular pipes and tiles.  My understanding is that it still conducts heat ridiculously slow, even in the un-insulated forms.

6 hours ago, Kasuha said:

I threw abyssalite to almost all my walls and pipes and it's still my second most abundant available resource. Used to be first until I threw so much of it to buildings.

I think abyssalite seems a lot more rare for people who are less experienced.  You really need to make significant forays into tearing up biomes to get an overwhelming stockpile. If you still have trepidation about moving beyond the dirt biome I can say I definitely felt like a scarce resource. Especially since it offers some of the fewest kgs of material per tile mined.

But now, I'm at the point that if I want a tile that's conductive it is always granite otherwise it is abyssalite for everything. I might as well only have those two materials for regular tiles and piping.

Archived