Only picking Ugly Criers stops producing UC after just 6 dupes

Has anyone else had the problem I state on the Title? After a hotfix on about mid june, I could pick only Ugly Criers for the dupes on my colony, however after that hotfix the game stops producing Ugly Criers in the printer after about 6 dupes. I have advanced to cycle 100+ and had to work with just 6 dupes.  

If you have had this problem, please mention it to me so I can raise it as an issue on the bug tracker.

Are you sure this is an issue ? Maybe it's here to balance things and avoid situations when people choose only dupes with the same downside ?

(I'm not telling to not report this if there is no changelog confirming this isn't a bug, just saying that i see why it could be normal)

I noticed the stress responses aren't random anymore. Gossman for example will always be a vomiter. I've seen 7 ugly criers so there should be one more dupe out there for you. Here's my list of what I've seen so far:

Ugly crier: Banhi, Max, Lindsay, Joshua, Abe, Nails, Hassan

Vomiter: Catalina, Stinky, Mae, Otto, Travaldo, Ren, Ada, Gossman, Mi-Ma

Destructive: Meep, Nikola, Nisbet, Frankie, Ellie, Marie

Binge Eater: Harold, Leira, Ruby, Devon, Burt, Turner, Bubbles, Rowan

I had the same issue with Binge Eaters after an unfortunate starvation epidemic. I started only choosing non-binge eaters and could only get 22 dupes. After many unsuccessful attempts at getting a non-binge eater I started renaming dupes and low and behold, other stress response dupes started appearing in the printer. Just rename your existing dupes. This at least worked for me. 

Hello everyone!  

@NanoD I'm thinking that renaming the Dupes when they are picked may 'solve' the issue? Will try later and let everyone  know.

@Lumina you may be right that the designers don't want "House of Criers" to be a thing on the asteroid, however "House of Criers" is a way for leveling down the difficulty of an already challenging game. 

Only one absently picked binge eater has destroyed several colonies of mine. 

Thanks everyone for your feedback.

1 hour ago, JocularAstronaut said:

Only one absently picked binge eater has destroyed several colonies of mine. 

I don't like binge eater in the current state, it's unbalanced, i hope it will become more balanced in future patch.

I tried to pick as many ugly criers as i could one game just because i thought it was the cutest animation to see. Was disappointed to see that the dupes come "preset" with the trait/appearances, as it means you will never see it on the other ones.

10 hours ago, Lumina said:

I don't like binge eater in the current state, it's unbalanced, i hope it will become more balanced in future patch.

I hope so as well, I think that the description of binge eater is that the eater would add 4k kJ to their daily eating, but they never stop eating, easily consuming the entire food stores. Even if it's like 2m kJ. 

Yeah, it looks more like a bug to me but i could be wrong.

Anyway, to my point of view, when all the stress response will be (more or less) balanced, people should have to choose between avoiding some at a cost, or have various stress response and more choice. So i think it's normal to not have infinite choice if you want only dupes with one specific stress response.

And i wonder if the "renaming" trick is a bug.

I´m in Cycle 3800 and have 45 Ugly criers. No other Stress reaction is getting invited. 

But i have to add that i rename every dupe in names like: Dig 1-12, Deliver 1-10, Harvest 1-7... and so on. So no Regular names except one Joshua.

So if there is a bug it has something to do with the names.

Hope i could help. Have fun playing

Archived