Are pressure switches used as a switch an exploit?

The actual switch, along with valves, require a dup to "touch it" to make a change.

A pressure switch (temp, air, liquid) do not require a touch.

So set it to max level and just toggle (above/below) to control on/off without dup intervention.

Exploit or working as intended? 

I'm not entirely sure.  The thing is, atmo/temp/level switches can be placed in some pretty extreme environments, and because of how extreme they are they're often very hard to access, if not entirely walled off.  As opposed to valves which aren't sensing anything, they're just allowing stuff to pass-through.  If atmo/temp/level switches required dupe adjustment, I think a lot of current system designs would become much more problematic.  Valves can be in the same situation, but I think they generally have more flexibility of placement, so the player can put them outside the most extreme areas.  I've been assuming they're either as intended, or the devs are just leaving them for now, due to the general alpha state of the game, as they seem to be doing with a host of other things. 

The computer thing has been suggested before, and I do think it's a good idea.  Then they could easily justify making the sensors manual-adjust by default, since there would also be a remote solution.  It could be enhanced by making computers only able to communicate through normal wire.  Then you'd either need to have one per circuit, or create one computer with switched connections to several circuits.  Which they could further discourage if they wanted to.

You could also have a type of wireless signal that gets blocked or greatly reduced by certain materials such as metal for example. So you'd have to put in boosters and hardwire receivers through specific walls. 

Archived