Cooling Material

I was just wondering if anybody had any data on cooling raw material. I have a Steam Geyser partially buried in Abyssilite at an the intersection of 3 biomes. The Abyssilite covering the Geyser is molten hot and right next to it is an Ice biome with the material cool. How long does it take the hot Abyssilite placed in the Ice biome to drop in temperature to cold?

Another question is does Insulated Abyssilite change in temperature at all? In one game I used Abyssilite from an Ice biome to contain a Steam Geyser and I don't recall the temperature ever changing.

Heat capacity of Abyssalite Tile is 1600 kJ/K. Abyssalite Insulated Tile is 4800 kJ/K.

Also fun fact: If dirt could be made as an insulated tile, it'd have 1776 kJ/K heat capacity.
Better than standard abyssalite tile. Should be mentioned however that abyssalite has
a thermal conductivity of 0.00001 while dirt has 2. So dirt would be more willing to trade heat.

All temperatures in this game change based on the realistic thermal mechanics. Everything has specific thermal conductivity and heat capacity. Abysslite with basically never change temp. While other material like granite and wolframite will conduct (change temp) quickly.

1 hour ago, GreatGameDota said:

Abysslite with basically never change temp.

There are some rare cases where it is not true. In one of Kasuha's structures, a non-abyssalite pipe in abyssalite tile managed to change its temperature. Also abyssalite compost will heat up, possibly to extreme temperatures (although slowly, because it's 800kg of material and just 5W of heat).

3 hours ago, vonVile said:

Another question is does Insulated Abyssilite change in temperature at all?

Insulation slows down heat exchange to 5% of the usual rate. So an insulated abyssalite tile should heat up about a million times slower than non-insulated obsidian tile.

Archived