What would you like to see in the future of DST ?

I'm all for more challenge, but challenge in increasing amount. The main risk here is a new player joining and getting blasted with difficult stuff that requires planning. I like RoG but I dislike how much time you have to spend just to ensure that you don't get hit with a weather condition you have no protection from.

Alternatively, what if they did something like Terraria and made a "hard mode". A boss to beat or some significant action that makes it so your world gets tougher and includes more bosses, enemies, and especially loot. Something necessary for game progression. So it would be both optional (set it when you're ready) as well as being mandatory to deal with the threats once it's been activated.

There are all sorts of ways you can tweak the world or the character to make the game harder. Wes is one, but you can set the harsher seasons to be longer, reduce the amount of resources, mobs,etc. and bump up the enemies. You can play with one HP. You can play Lights Out.

i really feel that the base game world is pretty complete. New territory with different challenges and rewards would be more exciting than tweaking the main world.

On 06/07/2017 at 8:56 PM, Mafiabrett said:

I want Intermediate Seasons. That vary in days, its becomes too predictable that Winter starts on day 21 ends on day 35, etc. It makes items like the Temperature gage obsolete. 

So for example..

It would be cool if for say you get a mandatory 20 days of Fall, then randomize a intermediate 3-10 days where weather fluctuates between Fall and Winter, then have Winter be a mandatory 15 days and so on.

Im always wanting more Biomes and regular enemies with new attack patterns.

Do you play with random seasons setting on? Ive never played without it

I would like to see new biomes with some kind of new tree type, and maybe even rivers? Slow you down but can be fished from to gain a new kind of fish, or a new fish variant other then fish, eel,  uhm new crockpot recipes.

new monsters make the game HARDER! got to have the warm welcome to those noobies,  but theres no excuse at day 68 to be a walk in the park have Godzilla and **** attack with new weather type hell storm ragh Na roog which fills the world with  fire and hellrocks metours and rivers and ponds get replaced with lava until the boss combo gets defeated.

Better trade in system for ps4 could be cool.

New characters, maybe one that gains Sanity from making walls make walled bases more common, or a chef character,  or a merm character who can build there houses and tame them like pigs and stuff,  

Oh my biggest idea ive had come across countless times! Make the roads more lively have pigs walking from one pig village to the other!! (if theyre still alive) have pigs create more pig houses after 50 days even? (many worlds I see lack all pig existence)  make pigs go to war with merm! They all run there together, have like some mini cutscene of pig King instructing them to attack while the pigs are grouped around, EVEN BETTER A MERM KING that could be cool too but make him attackable,  like 15k  health or something, not as hard as toadstool but somewhat decent.

Make the portal in the ruins take us somewhere like a new realm of bosses death and maybe a positive race like pigs as a safe zone in the realm but intelligent and less animal more clockworky or "dream" the oppossite to the nightmare theme of dst have the dream beings which are helping and wish to end the nightmare.  in this other realm, but at the cost of bringing new monsters into the base world so the late game gets more challenging.

I remeber i wrote a HUGE post times ago about the future of DST, here's some ideas:

- bigger and new biomes: and more "why would I live here" and not "what do I have to pick up"

- water: rain, thirsty, rivers, irrigation, well...

- taming every animal, have them have a full life cycle (babies, male/femelle, old, reproduction)

- weather update: sandstrom (before), fog, wind...

and so much

I like a lot DS universe, and I think it could be a lot improved by better "wildlife"

On 7/4/2017 at 8:06 PM, Sinister_Fang said:

I'd care. If a new DLC was added that cost real money then it would segregate the playerbase. I personally despise multiplayer games that do this. Although I think Klei sees this already and that's why we got RoG and ANR for free in DST.

I mean I'd likely buy it anyway (because c'mon, I think all of us here love throwing our money at Klei) but I have a few friends who might not. So I'd be unable to play with them using a new DLC. And that situation just makes everyone unhappy.

The could do it and still charge without segregation. Games like Endless Legend for instance allow multiplayer / friends to experience any of the expanded content that the host has enabled / purchased free for the duration of that game session.

Hmm Orgin comics for all characters

A single Player mode

easter eggs from DS (phoneagraph,Maxwell lights and throne.

More shadow monsters.
SW character ports

Maxwell using puppet commands
Character item skins
A way to do DS adventure mode would be nice
some more weapons"
and armor

More farm items like grain
Buffing the drop rate in genral
or make spiffies and commons Not a total pain or some good common and spiffy drops.

Can we have the stage hand do some besides be a fixture
Make the glommer statue rebuild itself

The ghost of Boss monsters Cause who doesn't like reviving a being just to beat it up again or you can use it as sparring or a less rewarding/dangerous version of a beaten boss

Can you do something with the mucus please

Make the Varg less of a headache

More Koalaphants

Species breeding

ROSE SKINS

Balance Pvp slightly

More staffs

Make Classic bosses have a more dynamic moveset

JoeW give me a title

Bring back firecrackers

Improve Abigail AI

BeastMaster boss

Shadow realm

Make more range weapons that aren't blowdarts

Eat people

Give Wes balloon powers even if they are just jokes

Give more characters the reader trait

Add a Maxwell(alter ego) bossfight

Add maxwell"s adventure coat as a cosmetic item

Add a hunting party mob for summer

Add more undead enemies or give ghosts more of a threat

I'm done I think

I've said this in a thread before but just more events. Currently all the events are just bunched up in one corner of the year. Having various events all year around would give something to look forward to even when game development has fully stopped.

I randomise the seasons all the time, for exactly the reasons said above--more variety, less predictability, etc.  I'm now trying out a mod that is supposed to properly randomise them EVERY year--so far I haven't played that world long enough to be sure.  But if true, that'd be awesome.  (As it stands now with normal game code, the seasons randomise for the FIRST year...and then just stick that way for every year afterwards.)  Of course, using Combined Status/Season Clock or any similar mod would take away the unpredictability, surprise, think-on-your-feet aspect, so don't use those unless you wanna ruin the whole point.  : P

Also yes! to more events.  Real-life summer could use one; maybe something that only triggers when it's also GAME summer, so that season is briefly more interesting?  It's been a couple of boring hot bleh months out here in the desert and I could really use some random fun.  :) 

...even bearing in mind that "fun" in Don't Starve often involves death.

...Notorious

I really like Cpt. Chaoticas idea of random seasons. In real life seasons are quite variable in their lenght. It'll give a touch of challange to adjust your curent situation instead of calculation.

I would like to see regrowth of reeds and cactis, maybe for turfs and mandragoras, too. 

I've done some digging, here it is.

This was (august 2016) my feedback when Klei was starting A New Reign, and that's pretty much what I was wanting for the future of DST. Some have been done (map improvment, sandstorm), but I'm still waiting for riding a goat, a pig, and a turkey with berries on a stick...

You're warned, it is BIG, that's why I don't copy/past and give the link to the thread

I actually asked about this during a Klei stream a month or so ago because we hadn't heard one way or another--

Me into the stream chat: Hey is DST still going to be getting updates or is it complete?

Klei Dev: We don't have any announced plans for Don't Starve Together at the moment. When there's something, we'll let y'all know.

So like truthfully this seems to point to me that they do have things planned, however they haven't made anything officially announced. ;u; I'm just really excited to see what direction they're going to take things in now that A New Reign is complete.

Archived