Why is my magma steam generation not working

[This is argicultural update]

This space used to be ice cold realm, but i dug all the ice out and moved them away.

The bottom is very hot, >150C, but somehow the water is just not boiling.. (i even try to remove water to make it easier to heat up the water) A tiny bit of steam gets created and then vanishes. Can anyone help?

AHqV2Vh.jpg

Well, the neutronium over the magma doesn't conduct heat at all as far as I know, and the abysallite pretty much doesn't either.  So really, the only spot where the heat can be pulled from the magma is that single column of tile you put in on the right side.

Further more, the steam will condense very quickly if there's only a tiny amount and/or it touches something colder then 100C.  The whole room will need to be over 100C for any amount of steam to be able to make it to that pump.

I'd make a small abyssalite insulated boiling room over the contact area with the magma and use a valve to control how much water you drip into it. Construct it so the steam makes its way over a wall before it is allowed to condense by contact with something colder. That's where your pump can be to pull out the water.

Archived