Extremely Useful Tips for Ultimate Surviving

On this file, ive been surviving for more than 300+ and having no pressure on any resources. I'm here to share all my useful tips for you guys.

1. Water

Since we got Water Geyser, we dont really need to find clean water resources anymore. Only issue is to cool down the hot water. YOU DONT REALLY NEED ANY COOL DOWN EQUIPMENT AS LONG AS THE POOL IS BIG ENOUGH.

20170701183315_1.jpg

As you can see, the water on the right , which is 39 degree, can be pumped up to live zone directly.20170701183154_1.jpg

Always remember to build  a liquid valve to control the water you wanna have in your living area. 

For polluted water, pumped them into Fertilizer Maker to generate natural gas, Which can be used to get free power. Every 4 Fertilizer Maker can generate enough natural gas for 2 Generator and have a few natural gas left over. WHAT I AM DOING IS TO HAVE THE THIRD GENERATOR DISABLED ONLY WHEN WE GOT TOO MUCH NATURAL GAS. 

20170701184131_1.jpg

2. Power

Since we also got natural gas geyser, the infinite power, (NGG) in the game, OUR PRIMARY THING IS TO FIND A NGG AT THE BEGINNING. It usually appears in the slime blocks, the green area. The constructions shown below:

20170701185212_1.jpg

As you can see, the natural gas has been blocked by the gate. Two generators are doing good with one NNG. Followed by the generators are those large batteries. 

20170701185503_1.jpg

REMEMBER TO HAVE A TRANSLATOR after the Heavy-Watt Wire.

Since battery generates too much heat in the late game, i will explain how to take advantage of it in the next section and how to avoid over-heat in the living zone. 

3. Air

This is the most difficult part of the game! You need to deal with Carbon dioxide, oxygen, polluted oxygen, hydrogen, chlorine and etc. I will show you guys my best way to deal with them. 

Oxygen:

Most time we dont really worry about if we have enough oxygen or not. My oxygen generating method is this:

20170701190345_1.jpg

Having 2 Electrolyzers and one gas pumper which is followed by gas filter. Hydro for hydro generator and oxygen for living zone. I think most of you guys are doing the same thing. BUT I ALSO HAVE A CERTAIN LITTLE ARE FOR COLD OXYGEN.

20170701192953_1.jpg

20170701193229_1.jpg

Having them emitted into the living zone can solve the over-heating problem. 

Carbon dioxide

Carbon dioxide is described toxic in the game but it is one of the most useful gas. Having it sinking in the living area can prevent food rot, which can save a lot of power. It can also prevent bleach stone from volatilizing, BUT I DO NOT SUGGEST YOU TO DO THAT. I will explain my method very  soon. 20170701191634_1.jpg

Polluted oxygen

Mostly the polluted oxygen obtained by opening new area. 

For slime, we put them into storage compactor underwater without generating any gas.20170701192252_1.jpg

Set priority to 9 and organic only. As soon as slime got dig down, duplicants will auto get them into it. Same thing with bleach stone, you can set the storage like the picture below.20170701192606_1.jpg

For blocks which contains tons of polluted air, i will introduce a new method, more likely a bug to you guys.

20170701192848_1.jpg20170701192933_1.jpg

Here is the trick:

If you build a manual airlock without a block beneath but with one besides, the duplicants can pass it but not for air. You can block any area you want if you dont wanna the air inside of it getting out. 

Central air room

All of the air that we dont want pumped into this room and deal with them separately.20170701194411_1.jpg20170701194414_1.jpg

One pipe goes oxygen, one pipe goes chroline and one goes hydrogen.

Chroline

I tried tons of methods to deal with this ***** thing and here comes my best way. 

20170701194752_1.jpg

20170701194831_1.jpg

Build a room like this. With one gas pumper in the middle, oxygen goes up to air cooler. Since the dew point of oxygen is -180, it wont liquidize. As you can see the temperature of the oxygen in the pipe is -74. If there was chroline inside of the room or from another pipe, it will meet the cooled down oxygen from above, thus chroline with be cooled down significantly. Often it will liquidize before they even get out of the pipe and that will cause the pipe brokerage. LEAVE IT AND DISABLE AUTOREPAIR. After 2 minutes, there will be no chroline any more. 

4. Food 

Since Mealwood, bristle blossom and sleet wheat are easy to be planted, i will just post pictures of constructions. 20170701195740_1.jpg20170701195743_1.jpg20170701195747_1.jpg

For Pincha Pepperplant, they are also very easy to be planted but only for certain places. We can take advantage of the heat for batteries and NGG. 

20170701200046_1.jpg20170701200102_1.jpg20170701200054_1.jpg

As we can see, NNG generates polluted water which is also good for pepper. We build a pool beneath NNG and use the polluted water to irrigate pepper. Also they will provide enough temperature for pepper EASY PEEZY. 

Here is mostly every useful tips i got for you guys. If you do most of things iv told you, you will find this game surviving easy as ****. Im really happy if you can have suggestion for me.Discussion has always been welcomed. Thank you and have a nice planet. 

12 minutes ago, Kasuha said:

I recommend sticking to the forum's default font size, and color, and to standard capitalization. It makes things much more pleasant to read.

You right, should ve changed it. I found it too long to read.

10 minutes ago, Masterpintsman said:

Apart from the font size: The setup with the pool in the first picture will most likely fail as soon as the tiles around it exhausted their thermal capacity -and/or- the bug with water temperature on merge is finally fixed.

Should be ok, cause this pool has been around for more than 100 cycles. Every times it gets too much water, i will just block geyser by tiles. I also use abyssalite to build the tile. 

28 minutes ago, NewTkOver said:

Should be ok, cause this pool has been around for more than 100 cycles. Every times it gets too much water, i will just block geyser by tiles. I also use abyssalite to build the tile. 

The question is whether the temperature of the water didn't change at all over that period. There are still some bugs with heat transfer in the game but since I had something similar, my guess would be it did warm up somewhat over that time.

And you don't need to cool water at all in current game, you just need to keep it insulated. All water in pipes all over my base is at 95 C and there's no problem with it. We lack proper tools to cool it down anyway. And it doesn't require any maintenance.

1 minute ago, Kasuha said:

The question is whether the temperature of the water didn't change at all over that period. There are still some bugs with heat transfer in the game but since I had something similar, my guess would be it did warm up somewhat over that time.

And you don't need to cool water at all in current game, you just need to keep it insulated. All water in pipes all over my base is at 95 C and there's no problem with it. We lack proper tools to cool it down anyway. And it doesn't require any maintenance.

It did warm up some places. Every time temp above 60, I just block geyser by tiles. It once reached 80 degree and i blocked the geyser for like 30 cycles only use the water left in pool. Since i got 2 geyser, i switch usage when one reaches 60. 

7 minutes ago, NewTkOver said:

Every time temp above 60, I just block geyser by tiles.

So where does the energy in the water (expressed as temperature) go then?
Either it is absorbed by the wall, the gas above or lost to a bug.

With the first two you don't have a stable system (as the capacity to absorb temperature of the wall/gas is limited), with the latter you have a nasty surprise in the making as the bug in question will hopefully be fixed at some point...

59 minutes ago, Masterpintsman said:

So where does the energy in the water (expressed as temperature) go then?
Either it is absorbed by the wall, the gas above or lost to a bug.

With the first two you don't have a stable system (as the capacity to absorb temperature of the wall/gas is limited), with the latter you have a nasty surprise in the making as the bug in question will hopefully be fixed at some point...

U right, heat will always be there, maybe the pool wont last for more than 200 or 300 cycles. There is still nothing wrong with the pool for like 100+ cycles on my colony. I got two layers for tiles. I am wondering if its possible when we just rebuild the tiles one layer by another one when it overheated. After all, we can get them all to lower degree again?

2 hours ago, NewTkOver said:

There is still nothing wrong with the pool for like 100+ cycles on my colony.

You're right, in practical terms people oftern abandon their bases in a few hundred cycles to try something new and better. But some strive for sustainability, which means even though they won't run the base for thousands of cycles, it is in a state where it can run for that long without need to care about something. And there are players with bases thousands of cycles old, too. 

7 hours ago, Kasuha said:

I recommend sticking to the forum's default font size, and color, and to standard capitalization. It makes things much more pleasant to read.

+1

@NewTKOver - I started reading your OP but gave up because of your overindulgent and needless use of capitalised, underlined, and bolded words. Which along with the larger font (again totally unneeded and unjustified) made your post far more difficult to read and understand, and quite honestly, very annoying to read in general.

As Kasuha says, I would recommend editing your OP to remove the underlining, bolding, and capitalised words, and switch the font back to the standard type and size (that people reading these forums are both used to and accustomed to).

12 hours ago, NewTkOver said:

20170701185503_1.jpg

REMEMBER TO HAVE A TRANSLATOR after the Heavy-Watt Wire.

Some of your build is built off exploits so be ready when those get fixed. But most of your systems are fine. Even though your power system is kind of a mess. Using normal connected to heavywatt exploit and forgetting to but batteries after the transformers on the normal wire line.

Archived