Air Scrubber Question

Okay, like, I'm going to assume that this isn't a bug until I am told otherwise, and that I'm just doing something wrong. That said, I'm doing something wrong, because my air scrubbers won't turn on. A quick rundown of the issue . . . 

A: There is no 'pipe blocked' error on the air scrubber.
B: There is no 'power error' on the air scrubber.'
C: There is no 'no CO2 nearby error' on the air scrubber'
D: The air around it is full of CO2 to the point my dupes can't breath.
E: The pump has power available to it.
F: The pump says 'pipe blocked,' but is still full of water, and I don't see anything wrong with it.

Does, like, anyone know what could be up with this?

Double check the intake and output water pipes.  For the intake of clean water check the pipe all the way down to the pump.  For the output of polluted water check the pipe all the way down to the exit.  I had the same thing happen to me yesterday.  Pipe was full of water but the scrubber wasn't running.  Come to find out I had deconstructed one segment of pipe right before the water pump.

I think best would be if you uploaded your map so we can take a look. Optionally you can take screenshots of the situation in normal view, and in liquid overlay, preferably with the scrubber selected so the contents of its window can be seen too.

There was a number of hotfixes related to scrubbers recently and there may still be some problems about it.

I should note after the hotfix Monday several of my existing scrubbers ceased function until I deconstructed and reconstructed them in exactly the same spot, whereupon they began functioning normally. And I saw someone complain a similarly regarding later updates to scubbers.

Mine were not even scrubbers with thousands of kilograms of stored CO2 since I worked to keep that from happening once I discovered that bug.

2 minutes ago, FreelySeek said:

Looks like whispershade hit the nail on the head! When I rebuild it, it just works. The next step was gonna be sharing pictures, but I thought this might have been a known error. Glad I checked!

My thought on that is, if you don't know why it didn't work, you'll never know that the new ones won't cease to work as well.

But the recent hotfixes were dealing with things that weren't apparent on them as far as I know, so hopefully you're fine.

2 hours ago, FreelySeek said:

Looks like whispershade hit the nail on the head! When I rebuild it, it just works. The next step was gonna be sharing pictures, but I thought this might have been a known error. Glad I checked!

Glad you got it working.

4 hours ago, Kasuha said:

My thought on that is, if you don't know why it didn't work, you'll never know that the new ones won't cease to work as well.

But the recent hotfixes were dealing with things that weren't apparent on them as far as I know, so hopefully you're fine.

I can say that my non-functioning scrubbers did not have excess stored CO2, contained 20kg water and had no piping or power problems because I placed new scrubbers at the exact location with no other changes and they functioned immediately.  The rooms were also over-pressured with CO2 as they were output rooms for Natgas generators. I can probably find the save if it is critical. I don't overwrite them.

Archived