Can't play ONI anymore, too hyped for new content.

Man I was so looking forward to seeing new content, but after seeing it today, I can't play the current build anymore. I'm just like I could play this but it would be so much better with the next patch. Anyone wishing they didn't see the previews?

Well, all of the games I'm still interested in are having content updates soon.

My biggest issue is that I'm still stumped about how I'm gonna deal with the polluted water in my base, especially with so little power. For some reason, my map doesn't have any natural gas geysers, so I'm thinking about restarting.

22 minutes ago, CobraA1 said:

Well, all of the games I'm still interested in are having content updates soon.

My biggest issue is that I'm still stumped about how I'm gonna deal with the polluted water in my base, especially with so little power. For some reason, my map doesn't have any natural gas geysers, so I'm thinking about restarting.

Yep fertilizer plants are the way to go. A geyser only powers ~2 nat gas generators, the same can be accomplished with 6 fertilizer makers. 20/25 of my gas generators are powered by fertilizer makers. Without geysers you might need a few coal generators too to make it polluted water neutral but with a few hatches thats not really a big deal

50 minutes ago, Nativel said:

Okay, so I convert it to natural gas - which is converted back to polluted water by the power plants (and carbon dioxide..). So I can make more power, I still struggle with the polluted water.

I suppose the real solution to getting rid of extra polluted water is what you have underneath your natural gas generators - the Pincha Pepper plants.

Just now, CobraA1 said:

Okay, so I convert it to natural gas - which is converted back to polluted water by the power plants (and carbon dioxide..). So I can make more power, I still struggle with the polluted water.

I suppose the real solution to getting rid of extra polluted water is what you have underneath your natural gas generators - the Pincha Pepper plants.

Just make sure that you not spent all poluted water on plants, or you'll be lack of natural gas and power after all.

2 hours ago, CobraA1 said:

Are you that guy from reddit? You seem to be complaining the same way - you have too little power to get rid of your polluted water yet you reject the idea that you could use it to generate that power you have so little of. I don't get it.

Plus when used to generate power, the full cycle still consumes polluted water instead of generating it. And you can feed the rest to plants which don't need any power at all (unless you also want to harvest them, but in terms of getting rid of polluted water, that's optional).

Well, I'm glad I saw the preview, but it does de-motivate me from playing the current build since farming is apparently going to change quite drastically, so I'll just have to re-learn that.  Plus the disease changes of course.  It makes playing the current build feel less productive in terms of 'practicing'

It's ok to not wanting to play for some times, early access are often like this. I stopped playing some week ago, when i felt that i had a working base with not too much trouble and not a lot more to discover, because i don't want to saturate and finding the game annoying. After all, the game is still lacking content.

If you feel like you don't have reasons to play, it's better to wait for new content, and keep the pleasure to play :)

7 hours ago, Kasuha said:

Are you that guy from reddit? You seem to be complaining the same way - you have too little power to get rid of your polluted water yet you reject the idea that you could use it to generate that power you have so little of. I don't get it.

No. I didn't complain about it on reddit.

I know I can generate more power now, so I'm not complaining further.

I've started a pincha peppa farm, so I'm pretty good now.

Archived