Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

asveron

Can't play ONI anymore, too hyped for new content.

Recommended Posts

asveron    21

Man I was so looking forward to seeing new content, but after seeing it today, I can't play the current build anymore. I'm just like I could play this but it would be so much better with the next patch. Anyone wishing they didn't see the previews?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CobraA1    14

Well, all of the games I'm still interested in are having content updates soon.

My biggest issue is that I'm still stumped about how I'm gonna deal with the polluted water in my base, especially with so little power. For some reason, my map doesn't have any natural gas geysers, so I'm thinking about restarting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nativel    32
22 minutes ago, CobraA1 said:

Well, all of the games I'm still interested in are having content updates soon.

My biggest issue is that I'm still stumped about how I'm gonna deal with the polluted water in my base, especially with so little power. For some reason, my map doesn't have any natural gas geysers, so I'm thinking about restarting.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Townkill    29

Yep fertilizer plants are the way to go. A geyser only powers ~2 nat gas generators, the same can be accomplished with 6 fertilizer makers. 20/25 of my gas generators are powered by fertilizer makers. Without geysers you might need a few coal generators too to make it polluted water neutral but with a few hatches thats not really a big deal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CobraA1    14
50 minutes ago, Nativel said:

 

Okay, so I convert it to natural gas - which is converted back to polluted water by the power plants (and carbon dioxide..). So I can make more power, I still struggle with the polluted water.

I suppose the real solution to getting rid of extra polluted water is what you have underneath your natural gas generators - the Pincha Pepper plants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nativel    32
Just now, CobraA1 said:

Okay, so I convert it to natural gas - which is converted back to polluted water by the power plants (and carbon dioxide..). So I can make more power, I still struggle with the polluted water.

I suppose the real solution to getting rid of extra polluted water is what you have underneath your natural gas generators - the Pincha Pepper plants.

Just make sure that you not spent all poluted water on plants, or you'll be lack of natural gas and power after all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kasuha    527

 

2 hours ago, CobraA1 said:

Okay, so I convert it to natural gas - which is converted back to polluted water by the power plants (and carbon dioxide..). So I can make more power, I still struggle with the polluted water.

Are you that guy from reddit? You seem to be complaining the same way - you have too little power to get rid of your polluted water yet you reject the idea that you could use it to generate that power you have so little of. I don't get it.

Plus when used to generate power, the full cycle still consumes polluted water instead of generating it. And you can feed the rest to plants which don't need any power at all (unless you also want to harvest them, but in terms of getting rid of polluted water, that's optional).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
brummbar7    477

Well, I'm glad I saw the preview, but it does de-motivate me from playing the current build since farming is apparently going to change quite drastically, so I'll just have to re-learn that.  Plus the disease changes of course.  It makes playing the current build feel less productive in terms of 'practicing'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lumina    1,712

It's ok to not wanting to play for some times, early access are often like this. I stopped playing some week ago, when i felt that i had a working base with not too much trouble and not a lot more to discover, because i don't want to saturate and finding the game annoying. After all, the game is still lacking content.

If you feel like you don't have reasons to play, it's better to wait for new content, and keep the pleasure to play :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CobraA1    14
7 hours ago, Kasuha said:

Are you that guy from reddit? You seem to be complaining the same way - you have too little power to get rid of your polluted water yet you reject the idea that you could use it to generate that power you have so little of. I don't get it.

No. I didn't complain about it on reddit.

I know I can generate more power now, so I'm not complaining further.

I've started a pincha peppa farm, so I'm pretty good now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites