Rhymes with Play 145 - Oxygen Not Included (Update Preview)

Yes, the size seems big but it's still a preview so maybe it will be changed to be more convenient/flexible. And if it's not and if it's too problematic, we'll do feedback, we are in EA for this reason.

I also think that it could be a little too tall, but we'll see.

I do agree with Komi though, I love the idea of having a pump that,s like a well, but I do like having a sink in my kitchens XD possibly have it that there is a manual pump similar to the Hydro Pump and you can build pipes to your water supply? or a Sink like O.n.y mentioned.

Another solution which might go well with this update though is storing Sterile Bottled Water, Like Komi said it would be good if we can stockpile it, and since there is disease having a supply of bottled water is a must, especially for waterborne bacteria/viruses, Maybe include a bottling machine or something similar to a tepidizer which acts more like a kettle, it boils its reservoir and then it can be bottled.

It's going to be interesting to see what the ways to sterilize are.  If we're going to have to be boiling water to sterilize it, I do hope they're going to add a machine that cools water directly.  The current situation of giant pipe radiators and wheezewort arrays is just too clunky.  I guess we'll probably have a use for chlorine gas now.   Chlorine gas immersed bathrooms and food storage, anyone? 

Did they just say that all the old diseases will be removed!!!! Does that mean dupes won't get: diarrhea, hypothermia, heatstroke, etc...

Spoiler

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

at least it wasn't spoilers...

Hmm, although Hypothermia and Heatstroke are technically written as diseases, I'd guess they're still in because they're not really associated with pollution/germs in the game. But The Spores, Trench Stench, and Diarrhea should be gone, to be replaced by presumably more interesting versions.

On 1.7.2017 at 6:06 AM, rezecib said:

Hmm, although Hypothermia and Heatstroke are technically written as diseases, I'd guess they're still in because they're not really associated with pollution/germs in the game. But The Spores, Trench Stench, and Diarrhea should be gone, to be replaced by presumably more interesting versions.

I'm hoping that also means that dupes with hypothermia and heatstroke will no longer have green disease bubbles around them

Do gas generators still have non functional controls? haven't played in almost a month so wanted to check before I loaded up todays game.

well went in just to test for myself if it had. Nope still gas generators have controls for absolutely no reason. see you in another month maybe

19 hours ago, heckubis said:

Nope still gas generators have controls for absolutely no reason. see you in another month maybe

Well if this is what makes the game unplayable for you, then maybe don't waste your time until the game is out of early access.

I haven't had a chance/time to watch the stream, but with the germs system posted about in the summary, isn't this also a great opportunity to rework how the game handles pollution in water and oxygen? Making them a concentration that will diffuse through the entire volume instead of a separate gas/liquid. And of course, polluted oxygen/water would be a source of germs based on the concentration.

1 hour ago, Sevio said:

I haven't had a chance/time to watch the stream, but with the germs system posted about in the summary, isn't this also a great opportunity to rework how the game handles pollution in water and oxygen? Making them a concentration that will diffuse through the entire volume instead of a separate gas/liquid. And of course, polluted oxygen/water would be a source of germs based on the concentration.

Looks like the plan is for them to facilitate the spread but not be a source.  They specifically mentioned that polluted oxygen wouldn't cause illness directly but germs and illness would spread through them much faster.

That seems a reasonable approach as well. The main reason I asked is that I find the interactions between oxygen/polluted oxygen a bit weird, they don't really ever settle but PO2 also doesn't completely mix into your base if you open your base up to a cavern with PO2.

It does make putting a deodorizer down where it's needed a lot easier though.

On Thursday, June 29, 2017 at 6:47 PM, rezecib said:

Swamp Lilies were also visible on the edge. They may have medicinal applications (not stated in stream, but hinted in files)

I'm pretty sure that they're actually called balm lilies

52 minutes ago, Xedlord said:

#. STRINGS.CREATURES.SPECIES.SWAMPLILY.DESC
msgctxt "STRINGS.CREATURES.SPECIES.SWAMPLILY.DESC"
msgid "An elegant, warm climate <style=\"plant\">Plant</style> that can be domestically grown with Planter Boxes.\n\nSwamp Lilies produce long, fragrant leaves with medicinal properties."
msgstr ""

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 4:00 AM, Kasuha said:

Well if this is what makes the game unplayable for you, then maybe don't waste your time until the game is out of early access.

this dosnt make it unplayable. Knowing that problems and inconsistencies will constantly be overlooked and every effort will go into completely ignoring problems no matter how minor in an effort to put out content when the content already available would be better if the information given and the stuff that things do actually matched would be solid if the parts worked the way even they intend them. this issue like the previous thermal reset issue lasted longer than the content updates they came from the gas generator is almost as old as the game if not an issue from launch.

I'm all for helping out testing a game and helping work out the kinks  but if all they want to do is add content without fixing the issues that have been there, then there really is no point.

I'm on here asking a question about updates your attacking me for it so take your lake of applicable input someplace else. yes im planning on waiting till the game gets more completed but at its current rate checking in about once a month is more than enough considering how caustic the community is

On Thursday, July 06, 2017 at 2:15 PM, Risu said:

msgid "An elegant, warm climate <style=\"plant\">Plant</style> that can be domestically grown with Planter Boxes.\n\nSwamp Lilies produce long, fragrant leaves with medicinal properties."
msgstr ""

On Thursday, June 29, 2017 at 6:47 PM, rezecib said:

• Swamp Lilies were also visible on the edge. They may have medicinal applications (not stated in stream, but hinted in files)

On Thursday, July 06, 2017 at 1:22 PM, Xedlord said:

20170713_194847.png

Spoiler

ARGUMENTS, CRUSHED!!!

They were renamed after that argument by the way.

msgid "An elegant, warm climate <style=\"plant\">Plant</style> that can be grown in farm buildings.\n\nBalm Lilies produce <style=\"medicine\">Balm Lily Flowers</style>, a lovely bloom with medicinal properties."
msgstr ""

Archived