I was in kind of a falling asleep fugue state last night, thinking about this game, and an "end game" scenario occurred to me.

At some point, any single asteroid (or whatever it is) will reach a technological and gas level "stable state" (presumably, but certainly not easy). I would suggest that each asteroid also have one mine-able "unique" element (I'll get back to this in a minute). One the game detects that such a stable state has been reached, an option will open in the build menu to be able to have one of your dudes zap to a new asteroid, and it all begins again. Again, each new asteroid will have another unique element in it.

Which brings me to the point. If the end game goal is to "return to earth" (or pick your planet name here), then you might have the final asteroid be where you build a space base, and starship to go back home. The unique elements from each other asteroid will be needed to build the base and starship, and perhaps spacesuits and other such stuff that will be required for building in the vacuum of space. a new build menu option can be to "export" and "import" these elements from the earlier asteroids, which will slowly dribble in the resources needed for the final build.

Obviously, this would take awhile, and I suspect there will need to be some mechanism to "switch control" back to earlier asteroids, or perhaps just rely on the import/export mechanism to handle it. It also might make sense when switching asteroids to allow you to pick one (or perhaps several) of your dudes to bring with you over to the newest one, or perhaps one from each earlier world to bring to the final base-building one.

Also, if additional complexity/difficulty is needed, I can also imagine there being some kind of catastrophic events, like perhaps collision with another asteroid or something that causes significant damage, required some quick damage control lest your air get sucked out. invasions of little buggers that require combat. solar wind? radiation? I don't know... but something to randomize the experience somewhat..

Just throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks.

- ZJ

I am not sure if i would like this.... It would just be a grind for the grind, to have some 1 material to build something, which in the end does not change anything. Its kidna Anno logic, and for me personaly it would take away from the game itself and would build walls to enjoy it.

I like the idea of rock hopping on your way back to earth. Having the difficulty going up per hop could make it interesting. I'm not sure exactly how you would do that. Maybe less water, geysers, key resources on the map. Or key resources farther out from the starting area.

On 6/27/2017 at 1:57 PM, Zhinjio said:

build a space base, and starship to go back home

You have a asteroid with life support and protection from space, why waste resources to build a ship when you can strap engines to the asteroid and slam it into earth ... or just to get near and let earth send the ship.

14 hours ago, GrindThisGame said:

I like the idea of rock hopping on your way back to earth. Having the difficulty going up per hop could make it interesting. I'm not sure exactly how you would do that. Maybe less water, geysers, key resources on the map. Or key resources farther out from the starting area.

Do they ever mention that they are from earth?

I've never actually read the intro piece when you start a new asteroid XD

Archived