So I joined a server and things looked promising.  The host had a Wickerbottom, and I decided to go with Wolfgang.  Shortly after, a Wilson with a mic joined and progress was booming.  Wilson made a science machine and I made an alchemy machine.  I also made a crock pot while Wickerbottom made the fire pit and treasure chest.  I went on a hunt for gears, but found a Koalaphant and killed it.  When I came back, there was another crockpot and a lot of trees planted.  I made 2 meatballs for the trip, and left a meat in each crockpot for them.  As I was leaving, I saw them put stuff in the crockpot and cook in each one.  

This was a long hunt for gears and I damn near explored the whole map, not really, looking for them.  The hounds came on day 9, but luckily I was by the pigs.  I let them handle it while I reaped the rewards.  I went exploring again, discovered a huge area of beefalo, found Glommer's statue, and got a walking cane. I finally found clockworks, the bishop and the horse.  I made a science machine, fire pit, spear, and log suit.  I cooked 5 juicy berries, 5 carrots, 4 birch nuts, and 7 seeds.  I turned into mighty Wolfgang and tanked the bishop first, and then I finished off the horse.  I had 29% durability on my armor, and I thought I did well for myself.  

I happened to find Chester's eye, and picked that one up.  So far, it was dusk of day 11.  This means that the full moon was coming and that I needed to hurry up to Glommer's statue.  I got a walking cane and power walked to the statue.  I made it in time, like 20 seconds before the full moon.  As soon as night came, I mined the statue and got the flower.  So now I'm feeling extremely proud of myself since I have: a purple gem, 4 gears, Chester, and Glommer.  I go back to the base and tell them that I have a purple gem and 4 gears.  The guy, not the host, was extremely proud since he said we could now have ice flingos for the summer.  Now I personally would rather the caves, but I realized that not everyone thought like me.  I didn't mind too much and decided to put them in the chest.  I notice a Willow at the base as I was leaving, but I trusted her since the base was great so far.

Now I was on another quest!  I had to go back and get some beefalo wool.  Of course I didn't forget that!  On the way to my quest, I notice 2 more people enter.  Now we have a full server with 6 people playing.  Great!  ...  I hope I get enough wool...  When I got to the beefalo, I notice gear people once again, a horse and bishop.  They were in an intense battle with a 2 tier spider nest.  They were piling on the bishop and managed to defeat him.  Sweet, more gears!  They then went to the horse.  The horse managed to finish them off, but I killed the horse.  I now had 4 gears, a purple gem, and 9% durability.  I turned night and I started shaving the beefalo.  I managed to get 21 wool, which isn't enough for Winter.  We have 6 people, so we need at least 24 wool.  I could also use silk, but I didn't get any (only glands and meat).  I left with 21 wool, 4 gears, a purple gem, 3 glands, and 4 meat.  On the way back, I found some more tracks; I'm just so lucky today.  I killed the koalaphant, but lost my armor.  

Now the next thing just makes me angry.  I go back and see 3 iceboxes.  Now I'm a person who tries to conserve gears since I'm not an explorer at all.  Doing all that adventuring was draining, but I HAD to do it.  I didn't mind having ice flingos, but they didn't even make that!  Now I noticed that the base had 8+ drying racks, so maybe they had too much food to fit in the first one.  I opened the first fridge and it was empty.  The second one only had 2 regular jerky and 3 monster jerky.  ******* monster jerky?  Really?  The first one had 2 stacks of juicy berries and 11 seeds.  I was...  I can't...  I asked why we even made 3 iceboxes of all things, and they replied to store food.  8418e10e660d59ad7641cb9acf1907db.gif  

Not only was I extremely mad, but the base was chaos.  Another Wolfgang was there.  Now if you're familiar with me, then you KNOW I hate when there are 2 or more Wolfgangs.  Not only do I not like it in general, but this one spawned a treeguard and was trying to kill it with no armor and a simple ax.  Then a Wes killed himself with a boomerang of all things.  I honestly couldn't deal with it anymore.  I put the gears in the chest (they can waste it themselves to be honest) and I left my stuff there.  Then I left.  tenor.gif

I honestly don't want to deal with people wasting supplies on stuff they don't need, and I honestly don't like chaos.  If you wonder why I horde supplies, THAT IS THE REASON!  People take the rare items and do stupid things with them/be wasteful.  It's always the rare and extremely useful items that they choose to waste, never the really common ones like: gold, logs, nitre, sticks, grass, etc.  

Those are the type of people that never survive past Winter that do stuff like making 3 Iceboxes.. my brother when we use to play before winter in dst.. and me on my first ever time playing.

I liked playing DST for knowing other people were around me, what annoyed me more than people just taking stuff out my chests without asking is when they just set up their base right on top of my things and start dismantling things to design their base on top of mine because I already have the essentials down, and they wonder why I don't ever play with other people but I know on multiplayer servers when I come back to see things broken down to make something even more useless.. Breaking down my alchemy engine so they had "spare" resources even though we only had one.

On 7/3/2017 at 7:44 PM, MrChickenWrap said:

Those are the type of people that never survive past Winter that do stuff like making 3 Iceboxes.. my brother when we use to play before winter in dst.. and me on my first ever time playing.

I liked playing DST for knowing other people were around me, what annoyed me more than people just taking stuff out my chests without asking is when they just set up their base right on top of my things and start dismantling things to design their base on top of mine because I already have the essentials down, and they wonder why I don't ever play with other people but I know on multiplayer servers when I come back to see things broken down to make something even more useless.. Breaking down my alchemy engine so they had "spare" resources even though we only had one.

So much this!  I do like playing with people to combine different play styles and see unique ways to play the game.  Though I don't like wastefulness and disorganization.  To add another layer, people waste the useful RARE items.  Like instead of burning logs as fuel, they'll literally burn Beefalo Wool (on day 18 when there are only 2 beefalo to shave at a time).  Using silk for a bird trap during the winter before we've made our hats.  Even knocking down useful structures for dumb reasons.  Like knocking down pig houses for cutting boards and helmets.  Helmets are useful, but I would rather NOT destroy a pig home and a rotation of pigs for a hat.  If you absolutely have to smash it, then go ahead I guess.

This type of thing is hard even if a closed server, especially if the players are new. Everybody hoards random things they don't need or can't use, nobody uses their resources well and people leave the server with full inventories. smh. I see all these super cool DST bases and I want to do that but I can't be a beast and play solo in DST. >.<

10 hours ago, Awesomehylian said:

This type of thing is hard even if a closed server, especially if the players are new. Everybody hoards random things they don't need or can't use, nobody uses their resources well and people leave the server with full inventories. smh. I see all these super cool DST bases and I want to do that but I can't be a beast and play solo in DST. >.<

The first few sentences go with the courtesy thread in the general discussion forum, but yeah, I agree.  I notice that they tend to hoard the really useful and rare items too.  It's why I do slight hoarding as well.  I generally hoard silk, gears, gems, etc., until I've used them for what I wanted to do.  I'll practically hoard them forever because people waste them.  In this particular playthrough, I trusted the people so far on the server.  Though when I saw those 3 iceboxes, I literally left.  *sigh*  I'm going to have to be THAT person again and hoard them like I used to.

I can build them because I'm organized and very meticulous.  Though I don't like to explore a lot, so that points moot.

Archived