Your Most Useless Thing In The Game?

Because it has a lot of them, and each is uniquely inept in its own special way.

Would personally elect the Breezy Vest, as it seems like it is meant to be a rudimentary aspect of the warmth tier system. Yet, it requires more effort to get then a Winter hat, requires more resources to make then then a Winter hat, provides half the warmth of a Winter hat and, it infringes on the backpack meta. Even if you had literally nothing of warmth to use other then the Breezy Vest, a backpack is arguably still more viable to use because of the extra carrying space.

They could increase the insulation factor to 120 so it could at least compete with the Winter hat, or even 180 so that is was even more appealing to use in place of a backpack and is a limited time based resource due to regular Koalephants only being around at certain times. But naaah. 

27 minutes ago, DarkXero said:

Garland.

Actually, it works amazingly well for new players. 

Until you learn how much sanity it gives, it's the perfect placebo.

Btw, my favourite useless item is the divining rod. I still have one in my main base.

Subjectively or kinda-objectively useless?

Subjectively useless is a trololol-plethora-of-whatever-I-don't-use-and-think-others-also-don't-use. *insert gameplay efficiency debate here, bonus if it's EdgyR...kids style*

Kinda-objectively useless: Ewecus' Phlegm, Glommer's Wings, Iridescent Gem.

4 hours ago, Lumina said:

glommer goop

Eating the goop is actually very good for healing if you want to sacrifice sanity, especially if you are fighting something that already will drain it all. It is also extremely useful for reviving. Because you can eat the goop to max out your health and plummet your sanity, make the Telltale heart, then revive the player to get your sanity back. But still would be great to have it usable for something else.

12 minutes ago, Silxer said:

I never found much of a use for the Compass outside of it being a crafting ingredient. 

Apparently when a player wields the compass, they can see the location of any other player wielding one. So it is useful for coordinating or finding others since it is a default crafting item that only needs gold and flint.

6 minutes ago, Brikelz said:

Thermal Measurer

Thermometer would be the bomb.

If seasons had randomized lengths and thus players could use the thermometer to predict when the weather was changing and thus when the season would change.

If.

2 minutes ago, The Curator said:

Apparently when a player wields the compass, they can see the location of any other player wielding one. So it is useful for coordinating or finding others since it is a default crafting item that only needs gold and flint.

I wasn't aware of that extra feature (since that's actually pretty useful), never mind my last statement then.

Nightmare Fuel is easily the most useless thing in the game, obviously it isn't even used to craft anything, and it's pretty hard to get.

Spoiler

But, really though, the Insulated Pack might be alright if you're heading out on a little excursion, I occasionally use cat tails for Kittykit pets, and Rainometers and the temperature thingy can be useful in 1% of all cases, Garlands are alright for when you collect a lot of flowers because you're going insane, Stingers are useful in large servers where everybody dies all the goddamn time, but jesus christ.

Phlegm.

Phlegm is the most useless piece of %$#! that I've ever seen. At least add some kind of use for it, Klei. Jesus.

items i ~never craft: pumpkin lantern (i actually regret not using it), straw\fur roll, insulated pack, basic farm, thermal measurer, rainometer, grass suit (although, i keep in mind that i might use it, i never done that yet), fire dart, bee mine, kitty whip, night light, bat bat, fire staff, garland, dapper vest

haven't crafted any ruin replicas yet, but feel like it's cool for decoration, and it's relatively new for me to count as useless

The beauty of this game is

There is no useless item!

Let me explain, how you play Dont Starve Together/Alone is like the way people speak languages,

Smartest ones use everything (yes everything in its right time and place), groups of people unconsciously learn from one another, and each person based on their own experiences, develops a way of playing (just like how each person speaks and writes differently)

So most useless item of yours might just be another one's most useful.

Side note: your progress is measured by optimized use of all available items.

12 minutes ago, Lumina said:

Ok. So people not using some items are not smart. Good to know.

Also, i would be very curious to encounter the player considering the broken shell as the most useful item.

Or cat cap

Archived