Problem with valves not changing flow

Well I have big base on cycle 350, but sometimes i want to switch things up and change valve values but those dumblicants refuse to switch it. Anyone knows what might be a problem? I even have 2 idiots just idling and freezing because they are dumb as hell but noone to come and change flow on valve. This is really pissing me off.

Valves sometimes require weird access points that are not indicated anywhere. Make sure dupes can reach both tiles of the valve - even if they can deconstruct it, it doesn't mean they can switch it.

At least some of my bugged valves stopped acting weird when I added extra ladders for them.

Valves are bugged for a while already. If the valve is blocked, i.e. has something on input and its output is either incomplete pipe, or there's a packet on the output, dupes will not come to adjust it. The way around it is to deconstruct the two pieces of pipe below both valve's input and output, construct them again but not connected to anything, and then dupes will come and adjust it. Then you can connect them again.

One of the more annoying long lasting bugs there is in the game in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Kasuha said:

Valves are bugged for a while already. If the valve is blocked, i.e. has something on input and its output is either incomplete pipe, or there's a packet on the output, dupes will not come to adjust it. The way around it is to deconstruct the two pieces of pipe below both valve's input and output, construct them again but not connected to anything, and then dupes will come and adjust it. Then you can connect them again.

One of the more annoying long lasting bugs there is in the game in my opinion.

... I'm starting to question why they even have pipes being connected to the operational state of buildings.
STILL have the Empty Pipe bug, after 4 months, on a few buildings. They are all end of the line buildings where the input pipe plays no role in the operation of the actual building as the intake independently places stuff in the storage which actually does matter.

By the way. The chore for toggling the valve explicitly states that it requires the valve be operational.
May want to change that true to false.

Archived