Gas Pump not working

Just to clarify, I'm talking about the gas pump that pumps oxygen to 2 of my rooms. I added a valve to combine the output of 2 pumps. That much works fine. But when I added two other valves to further control the output into the 2 separate rooms, then the gas seems to get blocked somewhere along the line.

I know one of the vents is being overpressured, but does that really affect the whole system?

20170617171419_1.jpg

The valves are the problem, as you forgot to cut up the pipe where you placed the valves (it connects over both connectors of the valves). This adds additional input points to the pipe and confuses the logic that decides in which direction to move the packets, effectively stalling them.

Never shortcircuit pipes, always build them cleanly from building outputs (green) to building inputs (white), never build a pipe that goes from a green over a white to a green connector. Use bridges or valves to segment bigger pipe setups into smaller parts with a deterministic flow direction.

Adding buildings to an existing pipe might bring the need to deconstruct the pipe segment on the connector of the new building to avoid shortcricuiting the new building (as it happened with the valves you placed).

18 minutes ago, Whispershade said:

I apologize if this is super basic, but I have not seen away to clip two pipe sections without deconstructing one. Is there such a way?

Unfortunately not, you have to deconstruct and rebuild the section of pipe to have it not connecting.

Archived