Red Alert!!!! pwwwooop pwwwoop

Hi, In case you wanted one, 

In an intense digging fest, i totally overlooked the powergeneration of my oxygen .... resulting in huge amount (just round it up to 100% it was close enough) carbon dioxide poisoning. Not to mention food shortage as well. Okay, i tried to talk that one down, it was starvation for the whole crew.

Lucky for me, I had one medical cot for the four stricken ONI's (four of nine ... just coincidence, really.). Although the remaining ONI's were severly hampered ... they were ready when the need called and stayed awake during the night, I should i say, the noise kept them awake, so they did what needed to be done to get rid of the noise ... drag their friends to the medical cot before collapsing themselfs under the lack of Oxygen.

With 29 seconds on the clock to get the first patient, Ellie, onto the medical cot, it was actualy quite a race to get Ellie there asap. Ofcourse, the first thing I did was press the spacebar to pause the game. Trying to figure out what to do.
29 seconds, with the text, If you do not bring this ONI to medical care, she will die. Those short 29 seconds with an unconscious ONI and her other crew sleeping in bed. 

If you never used the Alarm, it feels like quite a feat to discover you can scream the crew out of their cots to rush those 29 seconds first to Ellie than to the medical Cot. Followed up by a drill to correct my oversights (again). Oxygen, Power for Oxygen, Food, Power for Food, a special oxygen pipe to the medical cot ... That little fresh air there. Who would have thought medical places require that ... :D

Ah well, than the game started to come up with a bigger challenge. It got interrupted and generated a save file for the programmers.
In case you guys (devs) wanted to know what happend ... here you are.

And for you guys ... Pwwooop ... have fun.

4 hours ago, Threehorns said:

I had one medical cot for the four stricken ONI's

They're called duplicants. ONI is an abbreviation of the game's name.

Anyway, I had an incapacited dupe too. I assigned him a medical cot, and stared at the cot watching when will they bring him. Nothing happened, so I checked and found the duplicant digging somewhere.

What I think happened, a dupe grabbed him and while dragging him to the cot he was distracted by some other more important job such as lunch or toilet visit or perhaps felt an urge to express his emotional state, and dropped the incapacitated dupe on the floor. Which was likely enough to get him awake and working again.

So you had mobile CPR performed on your dupiclant. :)

With me, the CO2 perviated the whole complex ... no matter where a duplicant was dropped, it would still be dying from asphyxiating.
At least i had a ventilation system and not a passive dispersion from a single spot.

Time for me to add a hyper modern reliable coal engine as energy source for the basic needs, like the ventilation system.
Poor Nikola, he must have been working his ... off working 5 hamster wheels, while i was busy afk'ing from pc.

Nikola the one dude with the small bladder ... so his only duty is staying close to the toilet while doing something sensible that always keeps him close to a toilet. Hamster Wheeling duty.

On 17.06.2017 at 7:53 AM, Kasuha said:

What I think happened, a dupe grabbed him and while dragging him to the cot he was distracted by some other more important job such as lunch or toilet visit or perhaps felt an urge to express his emotional state, and dropped the incapacitated dupe on the floor. Which was likely enough to get him awake and working again.

I watched my dupes closely when I tried to run a farmless colony for few cycles (long story short: dupes can survive with no food if you use medical cots well).

There are 3 types of dupes: ones that need to be carried to the cot, ones that only need to be "tagged" and will immediately stop being incapacitated and will go to the cot themselves, and ones that walk few steps after being "tagged" and then drop again.

The "walkers" are doing fine with 0 kcal - I saw mine get interrupted by full bladder and visit an outhouse before going for the cot.

Could be related to dupes randomly dropping items, which is a bug, as it is reported in game log.

Archived