Dislike button?

Angibot

I've seen a person with negative reputation on this site before so there is/was a way to lose reputation. I haven't been here long enough to know for sure if it a was dislike button or some other way to lose reputation.

And why do you want a dislike button? What would the purpose of that be in a forum like this? I don't really see what positive comes from a dislike button. I think more people would flame each other more often if it was implemented, and if you actually disagree with something someone says you can correct them in a reply which is way better than just clicking dislike.

I'm not sure if it was a good idea to have a dislike button. True, I also wished after some posts, but if you think of it, it could be misunderstandable, also could be abused and used for trolling. And even with good intensions, how could you tell if someone has many dislikes because he's agressive and generates hate or just had a suggestion that many people didn't agree with? 

If there is a decision ("Do you like this idea?") the op can make a poll. If someone isn't behaving as to be expected on the forums, there are other ways to deal with it.

Was on a forum that had dislike button as well - needless to say after some time it was removed with all the "-" rep generated over time within all accounts - because of abuse. And the funny thing: most negative rep was given to moderators, not necessarily for posts/ topics or the like, but just trolling; was truly madness.

2 hours ago, Rellimarual said:

The last thing this forum (or the world) needs are  more tools to facilitate petty disputes.

Agreed!

______

If there's ever a change, I think it would be good if it was more like Reddit's upvote/downvote system where a member cannot create multiple accounts to upvote/or downvote someone/or themselves so there's no witch witchhunt to try to ruin other people's thread/or posts with unnecessary downvotes. 

Everyone on the Klei forums is very nice, so I think a dislike button wouldn't really be beneficial!

Though, if you really don't like something the best thing is to pay no attention to it :wilson_smile:.

On 6/14/2017 at 8:53 AM, ImDaMisterL said:

Moved to Forum Upgrade as it's better suited there.

Yes, there used to be a like/dislike system in the forums. No, it probably won't be added back.

Afaik, it was removed because of abuse and the negativity it created.

Haha, good times. And by good times, I mean, not really good times.

What made it worse, if I recall correctly, is that to give or take away from someone's reputation, you had to write a small bit of text explaining *why* you think the receiving end deserves it. So, not only did you get notified that someone doesn't like you, they had to tell you exactly WHY they didn't like you.

Archived