Thinking of a private DST server

A while ago, I started up a private Terraria server for those who don't really get to experience Terraria in multiplayer. During boss fights, online players often reached 10 players, and this season about 20 people signed up.

Now, finally turning my head back to DST, I've noticed some similar problems here. Though I am an advanced player at this game (survived about two whole years, I think that I lost the world), I need some tips from you guys about how I should structure server signups. Here's what I'm thinking:

• Limit is 8 players
  • Players sign up here on the forums
  • Server is up on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and the weekend for 3 hours a day
  • Griefing obviously isn't allowed
  • If everyone dies, a new server thread goes up
  • Intermediate to expert level

Please tell me what you guys think, as you guys probably know more than me about this kind of stuff.

11 minutes ago, verm1ll1on said:

This seems pretty casual, which would be great for me. What's the idea here? Is there a goal? You want to build a collective mega base? Or perhaps to each, their own? 

The idea here is to allow me and other players to experience what it really feels like to play DST in mutliplayer, the main purpose of DST, without interruptions from griefers, newbies, and sudden world resets.

The goal is what you'd expect from any ordinary DST server - survive as long as possible as a collective, real team, not everyone scattered around. As such, yes, it would be a collective mega base.

2 minutes ago, SkyCommision said:

The idea here is to allow me and other players to experience what it really feels like to play DST in mutliplayer, the main purpose of DST, without interruptions from griefers, newbies, and sudden world resets.

The goal is what you'd expect from any ordinary DST server - survive as long as possible as a collective, real team, not everyone scattered around. As such, yes, it would be a collective mega base.

Nice! I'd like to sign up.

On 6/14/2017 at 7:52 PM, TheKingDedede said:

Is it EST or whatnot?

On 6/14/2017 at 4:55 PM, CIEMniak said:

I'm in! I'm in! Add me!
So, here's my reply to this thread, so notify me maybe (once eveything is on) (y)

On 6/13/2017 at 3:17 PM, smallishbird said:

Just posting to say I'm also interested in this. 

On 6/13/2017 at 3:13 PM, Cyberboy2000 said:

I would be interested in a server like this. What's the time of day and timezone?

Jesus christ guys, calm down!

1. Yes, the server will be in EST time, and will likely be up on every day except for Tuesday and Thursday from ~6:00pm-9:00pm.

2. When the thread for signups do go up, I'll message you guys here and link you the signup thread that'll eventually be here on the forums. Spots are limited, so if you don't pay enough attention you may miss it.

I'm predicting early or mid-July for when this happens, so it might be awhile.

Archived