Is Griftlands in the same universe as Shank?

Is Griftlands in the same universe as Shank?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Well, do you think it is?

• Yes
    • No
    • It's just the art-style... IDK, maybe?

I dunno, that'd be the same as people saying Hot Lava is in the Shank universe. Though... I'd like to imagine that both Hot Lava and Griftlands are in-world merchandise to Shank. Hot LAva being a action figure and comic book line while Griftlands might be a tv series.

Well let's lay down a possible foundation of the grand unifying Kleiground/ Kleiverse theory. By connecting all sorts of things, who knows.

What I will say though is that Mark of the Ninja and Don't Starve are connected by the theory that the flowers that provide the ink for the Ninja's tattoos may in fact be evil flowers and thus the ink by proxy is Nightmare Fuel. Mark of the Ninja and Invisible, Inc. are connected by the theory that both hire guards from the same group thus why the guards same the same. And Invisible, Inc. and Oxygen not Included are connected by the fact that Incognita talks about ants and having a duplicant colony sounds perfect for having ants. So in a sense the timeline is Don't Starve, Mark of the Ninja, Invisible, Inc, Oxygen Not Included... while Shank is the odd one out. Though considering that Eets appaer ing Shank as merchandise and Hot Lava probably would be the same, Shank might be the strange world where everything is in fact just in-world merchadise and pop culture for the Shank world, which is probably closet to our world.

But I still want the Kleiground to be real. LET DREAMS NOT BE DREAMS AND THE KLEIGROUND A REAL THING.

Sure it's same universe, Shank is just a normal regular "present day, year 19XX", while Mark of the Ninja is a common "not far future", like a Robocop. Now couple of decades forward and it's 2074, corporations rules but at same time humanity starts to colonize universe by using duplicants (II reminds Blade Runner a lot, right? So there of course a duplicant colonization happening in a background. Duplicants often escapes from their unsanitary colonies to revenge. But all their memories will dissappear like tears in rain etc).

And well, another (or two, maybe four or five) hundreds (or thousand/s) of years forward: it's Griftland, an adjacent planet, grandrandsons of grandsons of grandsons of earthlings forgot their home long ago (sure thing, Incognita started a destruction that leave duplicant colonies to survive on their own, lots of people trawelled to uninhabited space too...) and currently lives back to back with alien species and evolutioned Incognita-free Sankaku robots who gained consciousness.

i thought about it too XD
well, to be exact when im still a highschool student.. i make several stories (and even do collab with my friend) in the same universe.. and make some crossover for it.. and kinda make it necessary for the story to move along.. 

Ethan Stark

Archived