JimmyJam    867

I dislike when people moan at me for picking a character that someone else already picked... Also people who steal bags!

I SAW YOU PICK MY BAG UP YOU LITTLE **** 

(If a bag is on the floor leave it alone)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Rellimarual    2,061
22 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

What annoys me the most is lategame public joiners that immediately ask "Hi i am at portal who will pick me up?". These players will usually also complain of being too cold, hungry or too hot every 4 seconds, and if noone satisfies their demands  they will start insulting. Although this seems a very specific description I had this happen hundreds of times :/

This is a result of DST being basically a single player game adapted to multiplayer. Players who understand this instinctively get that they need to learn how to take care of themselves before they play with others. People who don’t assume that their own basic survival is a group project that everyone’s responsible for.

• Like 2

Sinister_Fang    4,057
3 hours ago, JimmyJam said:

Also people who steal bags!

I SAW YOU PICK MY BAG UP YOU LITTLE **** 

(If a bag is on the floor leave it alone)

I know just how infuriating this is. What's even worse is when you ask for your bag back, and they return it completely empty...

• Like 4

voyager156    261
8 hours ago, Vixrotre said:

People who unplug the sinkhole closest to base, resulting in constant bat attacks.

Making a base near the sinkhole is asking for trouble - jut don't do it :o

• Like 1

CaptainChaotica    2,216
12 hours ago, Vixrotre said:
  • When they grab stuff from your base without asking and they don't contribute back.
  • Especially when the items they grab are things that are rare or things that we need. Like WX coming to the base, eating ALLLLLL the gears and running off to start their own base. Or to die.
  • People who spend an eternity in the fridge while other people are starving to death.
  • People who pick flowers around beeboxes. Even more so if they don't even use those petals- they leave them right there, or put them in a chest/icebox. <-<
  • People who unplug the sinkhole closest to base, resulting in constant bat attacks.

THESE.  ALL OF THESE.  Especially the grabbing rare stuff part--one of my biggest problems with another player ever so far was with--yep--a WX who kept trying to bully me out of my ONE gear.  It was early on and I hadn't had time to properly explore yet, and I'm like I need that for a fling-o-matic you dimbulb!  (This would be Jerkface of Jerkface and Dumbarse, in the "How to Be Courteous To Other Players" thread.)

Oh, and the same guy started spending forever in the fridge because he was suspicious I was gonna eat something off of "his shelf".  Here's a hint for all you would-be jerks and trolls out there:  Hit tab on your keyboard just once and notice which name has a star by it. :)

OMG THE FLOWERS BY THE BEEBOXES ARGH

And yes, unfortunately I've learned to just not build my base by a sinkhole, ever, even if I find a really nice location that happens to be nearish one.  Because no matter how careful you are, eventually SOMEbody will show up who doesn't know, doesn't care, or "Hey, I'm Wigfrid, it'll cheer me up every night!" Coming from someone who plays Wigfrid fairly often, trust me, it's STILL annoying.  I'll go to the nearest sinkhole and _find_ bats, if need be.

...Notorious

• Like 2

Vixrotre    196
Posted (edited)
On 10/3/2017 at 11:16 AM, voyager156 said:

Making a base near the sinkhole is asking for trouble - jut don't do it :o

I swear, whenever we make a base it looks like sinkholes are FAR, but those bats chase you down FOREVER lol

Edited by Vixrotre
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Warplord    26

Trying to stay sane. Think about it. If you are not in a boss fight why would you EVER want to be sane? Try to be insane all the time and kill shadows for more fuel. This is the basic game rule in DST. Also you save up on all kinds of things that you would waste trying to stay sane otherwise.

TheKingDedede    2,324

What I dislike the most is when I throw out a pop culture reference on a server and nobody gets it. Gets me every time.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Sinister_Fang    4,057
2 hours ago, Warplord said:

If you are not in a boss fight why would you EVER want to be sane?

There's reasons. And most of them involve the difficulty of seeing shadows on dark turfs when you're insane.

• Like 1

xxVERSUSxy    399
2 hours ago, Warplord said:

Trying to stay sane. Think about it. If you are not in a boss fight why would you EVER want to be sane? Try to be insane all the time and kill shadows for more fuel. This is the basic game rule in DST.

Depends on your goal. I for one take the angle of base builder that also enjoys a good fight, but for practicality I can't fight shadows all the time while building - it slows down your progress which in turn affects your team as you cannot provide in good time the structures needed to advance. Sure, if you are a fighting-oriented character like Wolf or Wig what you write makes perfect sense (and I've encountered some Wolfs that did exactly that, providing base with stacks of nightmare fuel while staying perma-insane via Glommer goop and/or channeling Lazy Deserter - if Bone Helm already obtained you have the most fun and efficient method for nf farming, makes perma-insanity obsolete). Yet even then, if playing alone, perma-insanity becomes, again, an obstacle towards building your base (provided you do that, not nomading or the like).

• Like 2

Rellimarual    2,061
7 hours ago, Warplord said:

Trying to stay sane. Think about it. If you are not in a boss fight why would you EVER want to be sane? Try to be insane all the time and kill shadows for more fuel. This is the basic game rule in DST. Also you save up on all kinds of things that you would waste trying to stay sane otherwise.

Because it is annoying, tedious and unnecessary. 

• Like 2