Things players do that you DISLIKE

22 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

What annoys me the most is lategame public joiners that immediately ask "Hi i am at portal who will pick me up?". These players will usually also complain of being too cold, hungry or too hot every 4 seconds, and if noone satisfies their demands  they will start insulting. Although this seems a very specific description I had this happen hundreds of times :/

This is a result of DST being basically a single player game adapted to multiplayer. Players who understand this instinctively get that they need to learn how to take care of themselves before they play with others. People who don’t assume that their own basic survival is a group project that everyone’s responsible for.

3 hours ago, JimmyJam said:

Also people who steal bags!

I SAW YOU PICK MY BAG UP YOU LITTLE **** 

(If a bag is on the floor leave it alone)

I know just how infuriating this is. What's even worse is when you ask for your bag back, and they return it completely empty...

• When they grab stuff from your base without asking and they don't contribute back.
  • Especially when the items they grab are things that are rare or things that we need. Like WX coming to the base, eating ALLLLLL the gears and running off to start their own base. Or to die.
  • When it's around Deerclops spawn time and you tell everyone several times to leave the base, but someone stays/goes there anyway.
  • Eating INGREDIENTS instead of MEALS. I always have 1 icebox with just meals: meatballs, bacon and eggs, pierogi, honey ham, anything and everything- NO, they gotta eat a dozen of raw berries!
  • People who can't cook but cook anyway, resulting in wet goop, monster lasagna and/or ratatouille.
  • People who spend an eternity in the fridge while other people are starving to death.
  • People who offer to make bee boxes and then put them right at base, because "we won't survive till spring anyway".
  • People who pick flowers around beeboxes. Even more so if they don't even use those petals- they leave them right there, or put them in a chest/icebox. <-<
  • People who unplug the sinkhole closest to base, resulting in constant bat attacks.
  • I started playing Wicker recently and I have to say, I really don't like people who don't listen. If I say "Don't go north from here, tentacles", they'll go anyway. Several times. Because after they died and got revived, they must grab their stuff, and so they die, over and over, from that one tentacle.
  • On Wicker note, I dislike when someone asks me to use a book and then doesn't bother helping with harvesting. It'd go faster if I didn't have to read AND pick from 30 berry bushes, 10 farms, 30 twigs and 25 grass on my own, you know?
  • Wearing winter clothes next to fire OR WHEN ITS NOT WINTER. Just because you found a 44% winter hat in one of the chests it doesn't mean you have to wear it!
  • People who claim they have a great base plan, and then they spread everything so far apart you need 4+ flingomatics to cover the whole base while you could easily fit all your stuff in a 2 flingo range, and have plenty of flingo range left!
  • Super noobie players. 1h play time or less. Especially if they don't even seem to learn anything while you're helping them. The second you move 2 steps too far away, they're dead. I really wish there was a setting that doesn't let playes who played less than X hours join the server.

12 hours ago, Vixrotre said:
  • When they grab stuff from your base without asking and they don't contribute back.
  • Especially when the items they grab are things that are rare or things that we need. Like WX coming to the base, eating ALLLLLL the gears and running off to start their own base. Or to die.
  • People who spend an eternity in the fridge while other people are starving to death.
  • People who pick flowers around beeboxes. Even more so if they don't even use those petals- they leave them right there, or put them in a chest/icebox. <-<
  • People who unplug the sinkhole closest to base, resulting in constant bat attacks.

THESE.  ALL OF THESE.  Especially the grabbing rare stuff part--one of my biggest problems with another player ever so far was with--yep--a WX who kept trying to bully me out of my ONE gear.  It was early on and I hadn't had time to properly explore yet, and I'm like I need that for a fling-o-matic you dimbulb!  (This would be Jerkface of Jerkface and Dumbarse, in the "How to Be Courteous To Other Players" thread.)

Oh, and the same guy started spending forever in the fridge because he was suspicious I was gonna eat something off of "his shelf".  Here's a hint for all you would-be jerks and trolls out there:  Hit tab on your keyboard just once and notice which name has a star by it. :)

OMG THE FLOWERS BY THE BEEBOXES ARGH

And yes, unfortunately I've learned to just not build my base by a sinkhole, ever, even if I find a really nice location that happens to be nearish one.  Because no matter how careful you are, eventually SOMEbody will show up who doesn't know, doesn't care, or "Hey, I'm Wigfrid, it'll cheer me up every night!" Coming from someone who plays Wigfrid fairly often, trust me, it's STILL annoying.  I'll go to the nearest sinkhole and _find_ bats, if need be.

...Notorious

On 10/3/2017 at 11:16 AM, voyager156 said:

Making a base near the sinkhole is asking for trouble - jut don't do it :o

I swear, whenever we make a base it looks like sinkholes are FAR, but those bats chase you down FOREVER lol

Trying to stay sane. Think about it. If you are not in a boss fight why would you EVER want to be sane? Try to be insane all the time and kill shadows for more fuel. This is the basic game rule in DST. Also you save up on all kinds of things that you would waste trying to stay sane otherwise.

2 hours ago, Warplord said:

Trying to stay sane. Think about it. If you are not in a boss fight why would you EVER want to be sane? Try to be insane all the time and kill shadows for more fuel. This is the basic game rule in DST.

Depends on your goal. I for one take the angle of base builder that also enjoys a good fight, but for practicality I can't fight shadows all the time while building - it slows down your progress which in turn affects your team as you cannot provide in good time the structures needed to advance. Sure, if you are a fighting-oriented character like Wolf or Wig what you write makes perfect sense (and I've encountered some Wolfs that did exactly that, providing base with stacks of nightmare fuel while staying perma-insane via Glommer goop and/or channeling Lazy Deserter - if Bone Helm already obtained you have the most fun and efficient method for nf farming, makes perma-insanity obsolete). Yet even then, if playing alone, perma-insanity becomes, again, an obstacle towards building your base (provided you do that, not nomading or the like).

7 hours ago, Warplord said:

Trying to stay sane. Think about it. If you are not in a boss fight why would you EVER want to be sane? Try to be insane all the time and kill shadows for more fuel. This is the basic game rule in DST. Also you save up on all kinds of things that you would waste trying to stay sane otherwise.

Because it is annoying, tedious and unnecessary. 

On 6/18/2017 at 5:07 AM, LuxuryHeart said:

Wilson: I hate when the noobs pick him.  When he's super clueless and just runs around and dies, or sits at the best and use all your resources (ANY character can do this, but most people who do the above have a Wilson).  

Willow: I hate when they burn down things, whether on accident or on purpose.  I hate when they are extremely rude and steal things (like a backpack when you put on armor to fight or food right off the crock pot when you just cooked it).  Sure other characters can be rude, but I notice that most rude people tend to gravitate towards Willow (it sucks too, since I actually main her).

Wolfgang: I hate when they don't hunt their own food and eat a LARGE quantity of resources.  I hate when they never use their strength and get a lot of meat or destroy enemies.

Wendy: I hate when they don't control Abigail, so they fight beefalo or five 3 tier spider nests at once.  I hate when they don't utilize Abigail at once (like you're weak and don't come with any other perk that benefits the group.  Come on now, use her!).

WX-78: I hate when they load up on gears before we get an ice box.  I don't expect to see them a lot since many are explorers, but I still want to see you once in a while so you can contribute to the base.  It's Don't Starve TOGETHER, COOPERATIVE mode.  If you want to be on your own, play Solo.

Wickerbottom: I hate the ones that don't use their books (you're a Wilson without the beard if you don't use the book ma'am.  Please don't go off on your own, it's Don't Starve TOGETHER.

Woodie: I hate them in general to be honest.  I hate how they chop a lot of trees without replanting, so a million treeguards are all over the place-Oh wait- that's ALL of them!  I hate how they will dig up and replant 40 sticks and grass, each, by their base, fertilize them, yet still die to darkness.  I hate how they instantly die for some random reason related to a cutting down wood or being a beaver.

Wes: I hate how he has to work super hard not to be dead weight.  Please don't stay by the base, I would rather you explore and bring rare items.  Make up for your lack of pros!

Maxwell: I hate the control freak hosts that ban you because you don't stay by the 24/7 (sorry I left for 5 seconds to get supplies that I need weirdo!); it's not just one, a lot of Maxwells are control freaks.  I hate when they don't utilize their tools.

Wigfrid: I hate when they are impulsive and try to fight a 3 tier spider without traps or armor.  I hate when they rush out and fight various things without armor or a plan.

Webber: I hate when other people play him, even though I main him.  I hate how they don't make a razor to shave their beards for silk; when they DO make a razor, they shave it after 3 days!  I hate when they troll.  I hate when they plant a spider nest, only to destroy it right after.  I hate when they wonder off and don't bring anything back or contribute to the group (Don't Starve TOGETHER people!)

In General 

- I hate when they ask where is the base.  Especially since I make them one by the portal.  If you're that obsessed with being by me, then you're either going to be co-dependent on me, or you're a troll.

- I hate when they shadow you like a puppy and steal your loot like a parasite.

- I hate the couch potatoes that sit at base and drain resources. 

- I hate when players that are rude and steal items

Throwback to when a few people got butthurt.  LMAO!  I LOVE looking at my old work.  I'm quite brilliant and hilarious.  *goes on to read my other posts and admire my own humor/brilliance.*

26 minutes ago, LuxuryHeart said:

Throwback to when a few people got butthurt.  LMAO!  I LOVE looking at my old work.  I'm quite brilliant and hilarious.  *goes on to read my other posts and admire my own humor/brilliance.*

Spoiler

necromaxwell.png.d7c6c88fed434351c32a678cbbe54b79.png

Honestly, I don't know if you were serious or just fleshed your sense of humor.

-Wolfgangs who think they need to be mighty all the time (ugh). I main Wolfgang and I actively try to map out the world and forage for resources/visit Tallforts and Volt Goats, that gives me a reason to be mighty. If you're sitting in base and not currently fighting, conserve food!

-People who take the meals you've cooked for yourself right off the crock pot without saying anything!

-Obviously flower pickers, you're wasting free food bud.

-Picking bad fights! If you're lagging and/or it looks like you can't win a fight, RUN. Keep deaths to a minimum.

-Decorating base while resources are scarce. Early in the game we have priorities, don't make an excuse to just sit in base when we haven't even gotten the fundamental resources.

-Picking the berry bush farm at daylight. Unless you have bait fenced in nearby, don't run the risk of spawning Gobblers. It's a stupid way to lose food.

-Converting all the wood to wooden planks and stone to cut stone. Boy does this really tick me off.

-Messy players. Leaving stuff on the ground, putting random stuff in chests, storing food in fridges with no sense of order. This goes in that chest, items go on that spot on the ground, and for god's sake...if you notice a pattern with veggies in one fridge, meats in another, store accordingly. I make 4 fridges: 1st for ice and honey/butter, 2nd for meats, 3rd for fruits/veggies, and 4th for finished crock pot meals. 

-Reckless tree burning in Winter!!! If you need to warm up, FIND AN ISOLATED TREE OR AN ISOLATED GROUP OF TREES. 

-Wolfgangs who won't eat Lichen? I'm not kidding about these players.They're plentiful and amazing on their own. Losing sanity should be negligible if you actually knew what you were doing. Wolfgang might be afraid of the dark, but he frankly just steamrolls Nightmare creatures let alone anything that moves when he has a full belly.

-New players who form bad habits and are stubborn to correct them. Don't fall for noob traps, but don't try to listen to Edgy Rick either if you don't even understand the fundamentals of the game. Learn to play before you "learn" to play.

-Chasing Mactusk to the edge! You can easily just freeze him or run up and smack him while he plays his aggro animation. If you're a Wolfgang or Wigfrid, he dies before the hounds can get their first bite. Don't lose a free Tam or Tusk.

-Not picking Cacti...come on man, it's free food and great sanity if you have any sort of armor.

-Being afraid of caves. As easy as it is for me to just charge into the Ruins solo and come back with plenty of loot, you damn well better be doing something productive when I get back.

-Staying on the surface in Summer while Antlion is alive. Either it's dead or you're coming down into the caves, no excuses.

-Opening random Plugged Sinkholes...

-Building base near Goose nests. You'll regret that when Spring rolls around and moslings are terrorizing your base, eating your food, and possibly burning everything down if your Lightning Rod isn't near.

-Asking where base is. That is sin.

11 hours ago, LuxuryHeart said:

Wow. So not only did you necro a thread by quoting yourself, but you didn't add anything to the actual topic whatsoever. Good job...

11 hours ago, LuxuryHeart said:

Congratulations, you managed to significantly lower the quality of a thread that started out as bitching and ****posting.

1 hour ago, Toros said:

Congratulations, you managed to significantly lower the quality of a thread that started out as bitching and ****posting.

I'm confused...  Everything I do is quality, so I made the thread better.  If I could like my own posts, that would be the icing on the cake.  

1 hour ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Wow. So not only did you necro a thread by quoting yourself, but you didn't add anything to the actual topic whatsoever. Good job...

I added to the topic.  I admired myself.

I dislike the player who:

- joins in autum during the day: "Can someone pick me up?"

- uses all monster meat for monster lasagna

- uses all berries for jelly

- is a base camper

- says to me: "Can you feed me pls? My ping is so bad I can't even move. PLSSS... I'm dying!"

- is a perma griefer ghost rotting your croc pot food

- is willow (sorry for the responsible mains out there)

- is webber planting spider eggs in the middle of your base

- steals your backpack and then leaves the game with the only panflute

- steals your nightmare fuel while you are on weaver form farming.

- takes your backpack while on weaver form.

- doesn't participate in combat, but steals all the gifts from Klaus

16 hours ago, LuxuryHeart said:

Just curious, but are you by any chance a 13-year-old boy?

2 hours ago, LuxuryHeart said:

You can only love yourself if you're a 13 year old boy.  You heard it here folks!

giphy-128.gif

anigif_enhanced-buzz-3057-1390489962-19.

I'm now the most famous person in this thread.

tenor.gif

Now you just sound like an arrogant piece of manure
I know your probably trolling but I mean if you want to be seen as this sure.

Archived