Shosuko    192
50 minutes ago, Endrew said:

Then there's the thing I dislike the MOST.

• Idiots that make lists of things they dislike as if anyone cares.

Self aware - self depreciating...  idk, I like it when noobs cry, please go on.

I'm not too worried about other players.  If I am playing on an open server, then I'm accepting that new players, and possibly even griefers may come in.  I can easily play on a passworded, friends only, or local game room depending on the level of "other people" I am willing to put up with. 

• Like 1

Xedlord    519

I don't/can't play with people, so I don't know

I don't even know why I commented here...

FloomRide    201

Dying

Picking flowers

Wasting rare food items on meatballs

Destroying pig houses for helmets or because they play as Webber

• Like 1

DelroyBM    274
Posted (edited)

Once I made a Lyam Neeson joke like...

"I dont know where you are...

But I will find you...

And I will burn you..."

And got kicked by voting, mistaken by a griever.

Maybe its my fault, but c'mon, where's the humour?

Edited by DelroyBM
  • Like 4

Angibot    213

-When you join a server with a French/English title and the two or more guys that are on it speak Russian or another other langage despite understanding that you can't understand them.

-When you join a server and host literally dodge you and don't talk to you.

-When you get insta-kick and you flame thinking they should set a passwurd.

• Like 4

Rellimarual    1,657
27 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

Oh! Also, when people join social/cooperative servers, AND THEN MAKE A SOLO BASE, and ignoring everybody else. I mean COME ON! If you're not gonna help out, make your own server or join a competitive server. And then there are THOSE people, the ones who do what I previously mentioned, and only chat when they make snarky remarks about how we're all n00bs and we need to git gud, and that they're a pro and blah blah blah. Nobody cares m9, we're just trying to have a fun time and all you're achieving is making everyone pissed off at you, chances are that you're gonna get kicked, BECAUSE YOU'RE NOT HELPING ANYBODY!!

I disagree with this. Our server is old and I would much rather newcomers develop other parts of the map than all crowd in our base and up the lag. Especially when they're Webbers, because we really don't need a bunch of spiders around underfoot. I'd like nothing more than for someone, or a small group, to build, say, a thriving swap base. We could visit them on reed runs. One of our best visitors totally picked up the ball when I mentioned that we needed an oasis base. I meant something pretty basic, but he built a palatial set-up and now there's a nice place for people to hang out in the summer if they don't want to go to the caves.

• Like 4

Corvidae    73

- People who treat the base like it's their own personal playground - Taking the only stack(s) of an item, and maybe if they feel nice, stuffing what's left back in a chest other than the one it was originally in, so you get to resort it.

- People who can't handle combat running off on their own - Rambo-style - only to quickly die and immediately start pestering you for a revive and just hanging around in general draining your san. I mean, sure fighting the Deerclops isn't the most important task in the game, but it's kind of hard to get around to reviving when dealing with it. If only they would just disconnect for like 5 minutes, I'd really appreciate it.

- People fighting giants and running away from you instead of to you, guaranteeing that you're going to lose HP/Sanity trying to chase it down. Only further compounded with lag.

- People who plant several unorganized spider dens all right next to each other, typically disturbingly close to base. Great fun when they all reach Tier 3 and nobody will deal with them except me, the non-Webber.

• Like 1

Endrew    316
51 minutes ago, JohnWatson said:

Making threads like this.

^^^This

Quoth143    8,026

This is just a pet peeve of mine when it comes to chat in general; stop saying "aight." It drives me nuts when people do that instead of "ok" or "alright." 

People who play as Webber without actual knowledge on the character in general and approaching pig houses. Again it's just a pet peeve but honestly, please do at least a little research. 

Insta-kick, set a damn password!

• Like 4

watermelen671    827
On 6/12/2017 at 11:58 AM, Rellimarual said:

I disagree with this. Our server is old and I would much rather newcomers develop other parts of the map than all crowd in our base and up the lag. Especially when they're Webbers, because we really don't need a bunch of spiders around underfoot. I'd like nothing more than for someone, or a small group, to build, say, a thriving swap base. We could visit them on reed runs. One of our best visitors totally picked up the ball when I mentioned that we needed an oasis base. I meant something pretty basic, but he built a palatial set-up and now there's a nice place for people to hang out in the summer if they don't want to go to the caves.

I don't mean it like that. I mean they just stick to themselves, literally playing by themselves on a cooperative server.

They're not helping anybody, they're just completely ignoring the point of DST. :wilson_ecstatic:

• Like 2

Rellimarual    1,657
31 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:
On 6/12/2017 at 10:58 AM, Rellimarual said:

I don't mean it like that. I mean they just stick to themselves, literally playing by themselves on a cooperative server.

They're not helping anybody, they're just completely ignoring the point of DST. :wilson_ecstatic:

I hear you. But I think most of the people who do this have gotten burned in the past and are lying low to observe the situation. There's no reason why, if they really didn't want to play with anyone at all, they wouldn't just host a solo game. They might want to team up once the more frivolous players have dropped out, or just turn up occasionally for boss fights. They often will help out if you ask and they've had the chance to figure out that you're not a moocher or jerk. Especially early on the main base can be really chaotic. I've seen good players bringing up stack after stack of meat from bunnymen villages only to have it devoured by idiots who don't contribute anything beyond running off to get killed by a buzzard. It's actually harder to survive around those clowns than on your own.

• Like 2

LuxuryHeart    111

Wilson: I hate when the noobs pick him.  When he's super clueless and just runs around and dies, or sits at the best and use all your resources (ANY character can do this, but most people who do the above have a Wilson).  

Willow: I hate when they burn down things, whether on accident or on purpose.  I hate when they are extremely rude and steal things (like a backpack when you put on armor to fight or food right off the crock pot when you just cooked it).  Sure other characters can be rude, but I notice that most rude people tend to gravitate towards Willow (it sucks too, since I actually main her).

Wolfgang: I hate when they don't hunt their own food and eat a LARGE quantity of resources.  I hate when they never use their strength and get a lot of meat or destroy enemies.

Wendy: I hate when they don't control Abigail, so they fight beefalo or five 3 tier spider nests at once.  I hate when they don't utilize Abigail at once (like you're weak and don't come with any other perk that benefits the group.  Come on now, use her!).

WX-78: I hate when they load up on gears before we get an ice box.  I don't expect to see them a lot since many are explorers, but I still want to see you once in a while so you can contribute to the base.  It's Don't Starve TOGETHER, COOPERATIVE mode.  If you want to be on your own, play Solo.

Wickerbottom: I hate the ones that don't use their books (you're a Wilson without the beard if you don't use the book ma'am.  Please don't go off on your own, it's Don't Starve TOGETHER.

Woodie: I hate them in general to be honest.  I hate how they chop a lot of trees without replanting, so a million treeguards are all over the place-Oh wait- that's ALL of them!  I hate how they will dig up and replant 40 sticks and grass, each, by their base, fertilize them, yet still die to darkness.  I hate how they instantly die for some random reason related to a cutting down wood or being a beaver.

Wes: I hate how he has to work super hard not to be dead weight.  Please don't stay by the base, I would rather you explore and bring rare items.  Make up for your lack of pros!

Maxwell: I hate the control freak hosts that ban you because you don't stay by the 24/7 (sorry I left for 5 seconds to get supplies that I need weirdo!); it's not just one, a lot of Maxwells are control freaks.  I hate when they don't utilize their tools.

Wigfrid: I hate when they are impulsive and try to fight a 3 tier spider without traps or armor.  I hate when they rush out and fight various things without armor or a plan.

Webber: I hate when other people play him, even though I main him.  I hate how they don't make a razor to shave their beards for silk; when they DO make a razor, they shave it after 3 days!  I hate when they troll.  I hate when they plant a spider nest, only to destroy it right after.  I hate when they wonder off and don't bring anything back or contribute to the group (Don't Starve TOGETHER people!)

In General 

- I hate when they ask where is the base.  Especially since I make them one by the portal.  If you're that obsessed with being by me, then you're either going to be co-dependent on me, or you're a troll.

- I hate when they shadow you like a puppy and steal your loot like a parasite.

- I hate the couch potatoes that sit at base and drain resources. 

- I hate when players that are rude and steal items

• Like 2