Urgent! Game-breaking co-op issue

On PS4: Several times during my hosting a public server has this happened: players come in and burn the entire base to the ground. They wait 5 or 6 days while the rest of my group is away from the base collecting resources, exploring, etc. Some type pf black list and punishment needs to be implemented.

The following are players who have frequently destroyed our worlds: 

Ardaksoy1

Catbutt47

MAX996MAN

Please take action against these players and others as they are ruining the experience for the rest of us.

You can implement a ban list on servers you host. I haven't used it myself though. And just looking at it now I don't think there's a way to pre-ban people unfortunately, you have to wait for them to join and then ban them using the r3 menu (i'm just assuming).

Edit: I have seen this sort of topic come up on the forums several times and from my experience I can tell you that there's pretty much zero chance anything will happen to those players from klei (i don't think they even could do anything) or from sony. And I also know that klei doesn't like 'naming and shaming' people on the forums.

This is why you should play with friends and password protect your server. Try joining a community to find decent people to play with and don't bring ppl into your good server when first playing with them. The trolls reveal themselves as soon as your not near your base like you said. So just bring new players into a test server and leave your base and see if they steal or burn your stuff. You can rollback upto 5 days from the server load screen.

I don't care if they don't like it, these players need to be exposed. This bs trolling ruins public servers for everyone. I know about rolling back, banning, etc., but its ridiculous. What's the point? I love Klei and their games, but they need to take this stuff seriously. They came from the community..... **** kids have to ruin everything.

25 minutes ago, TGP23 said:

I don't care if they don't like it, these players need to be exposed. This bs trolling ruins public servers for everyone. I know about rolling back, banning, etc., but its ridiculous. What's the point? I love Klei and their games, but they need to take this stuff seriously. They came from the community..... **** kids have to ruin everything.

First of all,I've come to the conclusion klei doesn't care about ps4 users. Second of all, even if they did, what is it they could even do? Have you talked to sony about this? Do you expect them to take your word for it and just ban these people, do you have video evidence? Have you thought this through at all?  Who's to say you aren't trolling them and trying to get them banned for no reason?

This is why i never stay away from my base for more than 3 days. If i come back and it's destroyed or a lot of stuff is missing i roll back and switch to local for a day or two. On the official servers this can be an issue but not on your own. 

On 6/1/2017 at 3:47 PM, TGP23 said:

Well, it's kind of against the rules to call out specific people for this kind of thing anyway, regardless of platform. Klei's just an indie company, they don't have the kind of resources to constantly moderate their servers while at the same time developing updates for the game or work on other things.

I don't understand the point of this topic, that is why the rollback option exsists. You ban them then roll back. Keep your server pw protected and give to people you trust. Or you can play solo which usually is what I end up doing because, soon as I let in randies most just ruin everything. 

Archived