Secrets of the Higgsbury Family (A Don't Starve Fanfic) And FanStuff

4 minutes ago, minespatch said:

I didn't know the codex umbra was like a car or computer, you need to have a license to carry it. I bet Mr. Skits put William Carter through hell before he could hold that book. :wilson_ecstatic:

No one else is allowed read or use the book unless your king. If you're a rook even if you're not related to the king, you probably should know a thing or two about the codex umbra.

Edited by Aundee-D-Cat
  • Like 1

Chapter 5 (The Start of a Puzzle)

Alright. That spell is now done and over with. Wilson looked around. No one was there. Luckily nobody saw it. As a man of science, I can’t let anyone see me using ma…

“Magic?”

“Hunter. Weird that you show your face in broad daylight. What brings you here? And I will not play your stupid game.”

“Well, the king has nothing for me to do. But I thought I’d stop by and tell you a two things.”

“What things? And before that Where are you demon?!”

“I’m right here.”

I cloaked figure talks from a tree branch.

“Now, as I said you can’t hide those secrets forever.”

“What secrets?” Wilson chuckles nervously.

“One, you have magic at your fingertips. You tried to hide that one. And it seems like your voiceless friend is hiding as a berry bush right behind you.”

Wes? The bush shakes behind him.

“Wes?”

He pops his head out of the bush.

“Wes!”

Wes lifts his bush hat and tries to dart off. Hunter jumps off the branch and blocks him from leaving.

“Stay Voiceless. And I think my prey here needs to make a deal with you.”

“What do you want Hunter?” Wilson asks.

“Well, what do you want prey? I have feeling that you don’t want this to go around to the other survivors. Even if he is voiceless.”

Wes made a few sign language figures to the Wilson.

What does she mean? I’m not going to tell anyone.

“Thanks Wes.”

Wes left and Hunter didn’t do anything.

“Loyal, unlike others... Next, Did you like the dream I sent you? Fun?”

“Hardly.”

“I’m sure you woke up before finding answers.”

“I doubt there was even a question to begin with.”

“There will always be questions.”

Hunter tossed over a backpack. Wilson picked it up.

“Good Luck and Next time Prey!”

Hunter disappeared. Wilson was left alone with the backpack. But he didn’t walk back to camp just yet.

Hey Guys, Wilson needs your help on something...

(I'll give you a picture of something that relates to Chapter 3 (Visions) and reply what the answer is. Because I need more time to type the story a little.)

• Like 3

Wilson takes out a picture of a radio.

(Flashback)

Radio.png

I accepted a deal from a talking radio...

It was like listening to my own voice...

Someone who wanted help...

But I was horrified...

Is this person trying to help or is only using me for their interest...

I found out soon enough...

I thought I heard the last of the voice...

But I heard it again...

Who's voice was in the radio? Who offered the deal to Wilson?

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Aundee-D-Cat said:

(I'll give you a picture of something that relates to Chapter 3 (Visions) and reply what the answer is. Because I need more time to type the story a little.)

I'll try but I suck at difficult puzzles and stuff that isn't blatantly obvious ( ._.)

25 minutes ago, Aundee-D-Cat said:

Who's voice was in the radio? Who offered the deal to Wilson?

Naturally Maxwell comes to mind but I have a feeling it's not.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

I'll try but I suck at difficult puzzles and stuff that isn't blatantly obvious ( ._.)

Naturally Maxwell comes to mind but I have a feeling it's not.

Yeah, it's not Maxwell...

(Obviously in the Forbiden Knowledge trailer it was Maxwell but it wasn't (in this story) and besides.)

Wilson knows who Maxwell is and would have mentioned that in the puzzle besides in the intro before playing Don't Starve he sees Maxwell again and at that point I guess Wilson would expect Maxwell every now and then.

1 hour ago, Aundee-D-Cat said:

I thought I heard the last of the voice...

Maybe Wilson was talking about someone else... (Remember it's related to Chapter 3 (Visions)) 

Nice Try tho... Here are nice little Pixel Catcoons I made.

Catcoon.gifCatcoon.gifCatcoon.gif

Edited by Aundee-D-Cat
  • Like 2

Chapter 6 (The Protectors, Two Short Stories and One Long Story)

Wilson after looking at the picture, puts it into the backpack. Well, I won’t understand this for today. A raven flies out of the bag and gives Wilson a surprise. It landed on Wilson’s shoulder.

“Shoo!”

Wilson tries to shake the raven of his shoulder. But instead the raven let out a noise that didn’t quite fit.

*Caw**Caw*

“Aren’t ravens supposed to croak?”

*Caw**Caw*

A Raven or a Crow? Maybe both? A RavenCrow? Weird.

“Where are you from? I don’t suppose Hunter left you to kill me in my sleep.”

The raven poked its beak into Wilson’s ear as if to whisper *Caw!*

“Ow! Raven not in my ear!... Forget it, I’m losing my sanity. I’m talking to a bird.”

Wilson picks up the backpack and starts walking back to camp with a raven or a crow on his shoulder.

Albert kept swinging his axe at the tree. After the fifteenth swing, the tree fell. He picked up the logs and moved on to the next. He was ready to swing his axe again when a sound distracted him.

*Meow**Meow*

He looks up. There was a catcoon blue backpack hanging from a high tree branch. He looks closer. A catcoon peaked its head out into the open. *Meeeow!* It couldn’t get out of the bag. Even if it did where would it go?

“Hello Catcoon, do you need help?”

*Meow*

Where is the fire department when you need them? Albert starts to climb the tree. He grabs one branch after the other and pulls his way up. Lucky for this critter, it’s a Catcoon. If it were Wilson, I am not doing this for him. He’ll find his own way down. Albert makes it to the branch where the backpack was hanging. He reaches for the backpack with one hand while the other was holding a branch. Almost there. *Crack* Oh no.

*Meow*

The branch nearly broke as Albert took the backpack. He went down the tree and opened the it. Out came a purring catcoon. A little shiny collar was around the catcoon’s neck. It read Quoth the 143rd Catcoon. That name sounds familiar…

*Meow**Prrrrrr*

I wonder if I could take the catcoon back to camp. Wait, Wolfgang would probably try kill it or the catcoon might not come back. Albert felt the catcoon’s paw on his back. It jumped to his head, curled up and purred to sleep. It looks like a Hat. Well, I won’t argue with that. Albert takes the backpack with nothing inside and went to pick a few berries.

The Third story is a little longer compared to this and I wanted to seperate it so that to understand it better.

Thanks @Raven Crow and @Quoth143 your stories/comics really inspired me.

• Like 3

Chapter 6 (One Longer Story)

Willow was in the grasslands a little far from camp. She was starting to lose her sanity and wanted to burn something. The firepit wouldn’t satisfy her at the moment. She looked at the grass tufts. Her hand stroked the long grass. She plucked one out and burnt it with a torch. She took another and burnt it as well. I don’t think this is helping my sanity that well. Without my lighter, I can’t keep my sanity. She hears someone approach her.

“Hello Willow.” a friendly voice said.

Willow turns around and sees a familiar someone. Who she thought was dead.

“N-Ne…” Willow stuttered.

“Just call me Bishop.”

Willow didn’t say anything except hug Bishop.

“I thought you were dead...” Willow starts to sob. “You were the only friend there… And when they said you were dead I gave up hope.”

“Willow…”

“I missed you…”

“I’m sorry… I left you there…”

“You didn’t leave me… You promised and even after fifteen years… You kept it…”

Bishop patted Willow’s back. She eventually knelt down. And Bishop knelt in front of her. Her eyes closed, she continued

“It was you, wasn’t it? The voice in the radio?”

“Yes, Willow it was.”

“Thank you…”

Bishop raises Willow’s head. “Stop crying now, I’m here.”

“I’m so sorry…”

“For what?”

“For the way I treated you because you liked her better. Can we at least stay friends?”

“Of course.”

“Will she forgive me?”

“She would… But…”

“But what?”

“I’d rather not say. Besides, I doubt she hates you. I think she hates Wilson more.”

“I guess after the way he treated her it is understandable.”

“Anyway, how are things between the two of you.”

“Me and Wilson?”

“As I do recall, Wilson had a crush on you.”

“I don’t think, he likes me.”

“Well, that’s Wilson. How’s your sanity?”

“I think it went up ever since you talked to me.”

“Well let’s raise that up, a little. A have friend that you might want to take care off.”

Willow feels something sniff her hair. She looks behind her. A fire hound?

“Her name is Ria. And right now, she really likes you.”

“Ria? I doubt I can take care of her. She’s a fire hound. She might kill everyone else in camp.”

“Not to worry, she prefers burning than killing. Leave your lighter on and she’ll watch the flame for as long as she wants.”

“My lighter… The one you left for me?”

“Yes. As I said, it will keep you from the dark and will show the trickery of the night.”

Bishop stands up. He helps Willow up.

“It’s almost nightfall, Ria can take you back to camp.”

“Wait, before I go Ne... I mean Bishop. When can I see you again?”

“Will meet again someday.”

He disappeared into the trees. I will meet him again. My heart feels light. Like a fire has started in it. Although he loves someone else, he started the fire. If only Wilson was like him, I wish he kept his promises. If he ever his promises, then maybe, just maybe, he will have his chance...

Ria is @DragonMage156

As I said...

On 6/2/2017 at 8:30 PM, Aundee-D-Cat said:

Wilson and Willow... (I've got a few surprises just waiting around the corner)

Edited by Aundee-D-Cat
  • Like 3

So many cameos today! :wilson_ecstatic:

Huh... Bishop and Hunter. That character had a history with Willow? Interesting. Something tells me that Bishop is more of a malign mis-memory that Hunter placed into Willow to trick her but since I'm not writing the story, I'm just theorizing.

• Like 2

Chapter 7 (Sneaks)

Willow is a few minutes away from camp when she sees Albert walking towards camp as well. As Ria jumped out of the bushes in excitement, the fire hound gave Albert and Quoth a surprise.

“Willow! You surprised me.” *Meow* Quoth tucks into a little ball on Albert’s head again.

“Don’t be a baby. She’s just playful that’s all.” Ria wines.

“Well, you surprised the heck out of my new companion.”

“Aww… A catcoon. But won’t Wolfgang try to kill it. You know how he hates cats.”

“I know. But how are you going to sneak that fire hound into camp?”

“I’ll find a way.”

*Caw**Caw* “Raven! Stop that’s my ear.”

“Wilson you’re here. Where’s my lighter?”

“Right here.”

Wilson tosses over Willow’s lighter. Willow catches it.

“Wilson you have a new friend. A raven?

“I guess. But this raven makes crow noises.”

“Boys! Can we worry about the task at hand? Because I don’t think Wolfgang will allow a catcoon, Woodie won’t allow a bird and I doubt anyone likes a fire hound within camp.”

“I solved my problem.” The catcoon on Albert’s head looked like a hat with a little tail sticking out the back. “Good luck with yours.”

“I guess. I can tell them to allow my new friend here into camp or I burn their hair off. What about you Wilson?”

“What bird?”

Willow looks at Wilson. Where’s the raven? She wondered. She sees a feather peak out of Wilson’s hair. Oh. Advantages of Wilson’s hair. Well I guess, we can sneak into camp.

Is mentioning the names of actual people a bad idea? If you guys don't like it, I'm fine with it.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Everyone seems to be getting pets in this.

Well, I guess There will only be three. If there are too many characters this story might get confusing.

Edited by Aundee-D-Cat
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Aundee-D-Cat said:

Well, I guess There will only be three. If there are too many characters this story might get confusing.

Albert, Wilson and Willow... the three main DS characters. No one else needs a pet :p

25 minutes ago, Aundee-D-Cat said:

Is mentioning the names of actual people a bad idea? If you guys don't like it, I'm fine with it.

Are you referring to the bit at the end of the post. Maybe you can mention the members without tagging them (unless you bring in someone new).

• Like 2

Just now, DragonMage156 said:

Are you referring to the bit at the end of the post. Maybe you can mention the members without tagging them (unless you bring in someone new)

I meant like within the story.

29 minutes ago, Aundee-D-Cat said:

As Ria jumped out of the bushes in excitement, the fire hound gave Albert and Quoth a surprise.

Kind of like this...

• Like 1

Chapter 8

Where am I? Wigfrid was standing outside of a building. The theatre? I thought it closed a long time ago. She walked towards the door. She hears a voice inside. She peers through the clear glass door. A blonde girl was singing on the stage. Her voice was beautiful like a nightingale. Wigfrid’s heart leaped for joy. She ran through the door. I recognize that singing talent anywhere. Wigfrid approached the stage. She noticed something, the girl’s voice was sad as if she was grieving over something. The girl stopped singing.

“Wigfrid?”

“Is it really you?”

“Wig, umm... “ She observes Wigfrid. “I see you're sticking to your act, my friend.”

“The theatre how? I thought this place was destroyed a long time ago.”

“Anything is possible with magic.”

“But the accident, I remember it. Everyone was here then we were all sucked into the darkness. This entire place collapsed.”

“Wigfrid. That was twenty years ago. A lot of things have changed.”

“But your parents.”

“They’re dead now Wigfrid or at least they should be.”

“But…”

“They’re dead.”

“If that is how you see it, I can’t argue.”

“How’s everyone else?”

“Everyone is fine.”

“Good. Wigfrid? Do you remember the duet that we did many years ago?”

“I’m a bit rusty on the voice. But how could I forget it, you sang so beautifully.”

Wigfrid sang with her old friend. Bringing old memories back. They sang to their heart’s content acting on the stage as if there was an audience.

“I can’t wait to tell everyone that you’re here.”

“Wigfrid, you can’t tell anyone about me. I’m sorry.”

Her head droops. Wigfrid approaches her and says.

“I see fear in your eyes. What are you afraid of?”

“Wigfrid… I can’t leave… My parents...”

“You’re afraid. But you’re not afraid of anything.”

“I’m sorry… I wish I could go with you, I really do.”

“This is a dream, isn’t it?”

“I’m afraid so.”

Light peers in from the glass windows and doors.

“It’s almost time for you to wake up.”

“Valhalla awaits!”

“Not bad for an actress.” She reaches out her hand.

“Not bad for a Carter.” Wigfrid shakes her hand.

Wigfrid wakes up. She was in her tent back in camp. She gets up and walks outside. Don’t worry my friend, I’ll help you.

Who is this? Wigfrid had a friend from the theatre?

Edited by Aundee-D-Cat
  • Like 3

I got bored last night. My cousin recently graduated so we had a family dinner. But since there is a huge gap between me and my cousins. I couldn't really relate, so my entire head was thinking about stories. (One of them this one)

I pulled out my notebook and started to draw. I tried my art style on some the characters.

STHF sketch.jpeg

I draw cats better than people.

• Like 4