Secrets of the Higgsbury Family (A Don't Starve Fanfic) And FanStuff

Yes if you see this and you have seen the title in a forum category saying Tales of Life and Death. When I read tales, I thought it was for fanfics and things like that but it wasn't, so unfortunately I had to hide that forum. And start a new one here.

If you didn't see the other forum, well that's alright you won't miss anything...

Anyway back to the why I made this...

Secrets of The Higgsbury Family is a story about Wilson, an OC I made, an OC that @Quoth143 made and few other characters. 

Wilson knows as few secrets to his family but decides to hide it from everyone else. One night after Wilson was attacked by the new chess peice, the survivors try to decipher what Wendy's nightmare meant to them and their survival.

I also will post some Fanart here as well, from time to time.

Edited by Aundee-D-Cat
  • Like 2

Chapter 1 (Part 1)

Wilson was heading back to camp after one of his experiments. He was covered in a few bee stings, hoping to get some honey poultice once he got back. It was a little past dusk and the entire world was darkening. Bunnies were running back to their burrows. Gobblers trying to take shelter in a berry bush. Spiders crawling out of their nests ready to kill. Wilson’s head ached terribly. It was as if he couldn’t stop thinking about something. These bee stings are making me think of something. But what exactly? Then a memory from his childhood came. Him back at home. No. Not this time.

He looked up and the sun was setting. He pulled out a torch and lit it up. And continued on. A stick cracked in the background. Wilson turned around. Nothing was there. But for some reason, he felt like he was being watched. Not the normal type of being watched but someone familiar was watching him.

“Do you want to play with me?” a little girl asked.

Wilson looks closely at the darkness.

“Who are you?” Wilson asks.

“I’m Hunter.”

“Ok, Hunter. What do you want?”

“I just want someone to play with me.”

“And why is that? Go, entertain yourself with something else”

“Aww… But They said you’re good with games. Besides I’ve never seen a human before. Don’t worry Wilson, I don’t bite.”

“Alright. Show your face you demo… Wait, how do you know my name?”

“My mother might have told me.”

“Well, where are she now? You better leave. She must be worried about you.” Wilson says sarcastically

“She’s dead.”

“Oh. Umm… Anyway. I got to go.”

Wilson tries to leave.

“The light won’t protect you.”

He flashed the torched at where the voice came from. Then there was a hissing sound. Behind the hissing, he heard a string of a bow being pulled back

“The games begin in 5…”

A voice said “I suggest you run.”

“4…”

Wilson mustered his energy and ran. He had no idea where he was going. There was no time to check the map.

“3…”

He was losing sanity. This child was insane.

“2…”

What am I doing? All of a sudden the torch went out.

“1”

Wilson felt a sudden pain in his leg but he kept running. He felt a sword slash on his chest. Then something scratched his face. He tripped on tree root and landed on his back. He looked at his leg. An arrow went through it. The wound was bleeding badly. Wilson tried to get up when a weight pressed him down on his chest. The child was stepping on the wound she made. And making more blood gush out. Wilson felt so much pain. He didn’t know what to do. He couldn’t move. The child bent down to add more scratches onto Wilson with a dagger.

“No fair… I couldn’t see you...” He uttered

The child pressed harder.

“No fair, is it? I’ll just have to show you something. Now, look closely.”

Wilson looked at the child’s face. Her eyes sightless. He noticed she was blind. The child grinned.

“I guess that makes it fair.” She raised her sword into the air and said “Now Die!”

“Hunter!”

The girl stopped before she could kill Wilson.

“That is enough.” The voice continued on

“You’ve proven yourself. Rook.”

“Bishop, I need to finish what I have started. Besides I’m hungry!”

“He is not on the kill list for tonight my friend. Now, best you get back to the throne room”

She stepped off of Wilson. Then she disappeared into the darkness. They left Wilson on the ground bleeding to death. I need help…  “Wilson! Where are you?” He hears three familiar voices calling him in the distance. The voices come closer. Wilson sees the glowing torches nearby and utters,

“Willow… Woodie… Wickerbottom… Help Me…”

Wilson’s eyes closed. He was unconscious.

• Like 3

Chapter 1 (Part 2)

Wendy was in a grassland. The sun was high in the sky. A gentle breeze was blowing. The bands that held her hair fell off and now her hair was flowing freely in the wind. She was free but something was different.

“Abigail?”

The entire place went dark.

“Abigail?! Where are you?!”

An evil laugh echoed through the entire place. Wendy looked around for Abigail. But her feet wouldn’t move. Why am I so scared? Why can’t I move? And where’s Abigail? She looks down. Shadow creatures were holding her feet. They grinned and pulled her down. She tried to get up but more held her down. She couldn’t move. She hears footsteps in the distance. It was coming closer. A human hand lifted Wendy’s chin up to look at who it was.

“Maxwell!” Wendy snarled.

He let go of her chin making her head drop to the floor.

Don’t be rude knight.” Maxwell said

Maxwell whispered to Wendy.

“A new chess piece has entered the playing field. Nothing will ever be the same again”

Wendy hears a sword unsheathing.

Maxwell continues “I have no use for you.”

Wendy feels a pain go through your heart and feels her life slipping away

• Like 2

Chapter 2 (Part 1)

“Wendy! Wake up! You’re having a nightmare!” Webber panicked as he tried to wake Wendy up.

“Webber?” Wendy’s eyes opened “What are you doing here inside my tent?!” Wendy asks accusingly.

“We could hear you screaming. We just wanted to see if you’re okay.”

“I’m alright now but I don’t think I can sleep for a while.”

Webber and Wendy went outside. The campfire was burning bright. Albert sat near the it. Wes was looking for holes in his balloons. Wolfgang’s snoring could be heard from his tent. Wigfrid was making meatballs. WX-78 was looking for gears in the chests. Wendy settled for sitting near the fire with Webber.

“Wendy are you alright?” Albert said as he offered candies to her “That nightmare sounded terrible from over here.”

“Yeah Wendy. Do you want to talk about it?” Webber asked.

“I don’t think so.” Wendy replied while chewing on a piece of candy.

“It can’t be that bad.” Webber said.

“Well, Maxwell was in it.”

“Wait, Maxwell? Must be important. Do you remember anything that mine concern the rest of us?” Albert asked.

“I’m not sure. Abigail wasn’t there. Maxwell killed me. And…”

“And what?” Webber asked curiously

“Maxwell said something. A new chess piece has entered the playing field. Nothing will ever be the same again.”

“Hmm… A new chess piece?” Albert wondered.

Webber hears footsteps. He turns around. Willow bursts into camp.

“Wilson… is hurt… bad…” Willow pants.

“What?!” Albert stands up and went towards Willow and grabbed her arms shaking her back and forth. “Where is he?! What happened?! Is he alive?!”

“I think Charlie got to him.”

“Well, where is he?!”

“He’s unconscious. Woodie is carrying him. Mrs. Wickerbottom is with them. They’re almost here.”

Good friends and siblings are always concerened about you.

Albert belongs to @Quoth143

Edited by Aundee-D-Cat
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

Albert's used everywhere now. it's like the cool character Klei never had ^_^

Also, I wonder if your interpretation of Albert will refer to Maxwell as beanpole in the future :p

Mabye, I forgot Albert had nicknames for everybody. ;) 

Chapter 2 (Part 2)

Woodie and Wickerbottom enter camp. The rest of them saw Wilson bleeding to death with a lot cuts and arrows in him. Wickerbottom took immediate action and started instructing everybody.

“Wes, get the honey poultice. Wendy and Webber build an effigy just in case. Albert help Woodie with Wilson. Wigfrid and Willow keep a look out and make sure the fire is burning bright. WX-78 wake up Wolfgang to help with the girls.”

Everyone went to do their tasks. Wickerbottom went along with Woodie and Wilson to figure out what exactly happened to Wilson.

Wilson’s moaning could be heard from outside. He was awake. Wickerbottom entered the tent. Woodie was trying to pull the arrows out of Wilson while Albert was holding him still.

“Could you hold him a little more still, eh? These arrows were designed to dig deeper into flesh with every movement.” Woodie said.

“I’m trying. Jeez! Wilson, keep still.” Albert said.

Wickerbottom took some honey poultice and started to gently wrap Wilson’s wounds. The bleeding was still great that the papyrus was immediately soaked with blood and became loose. She tried wrapping them again. After that, she went to get candies. Wilson was losing his sanity. She came back with three candies and asked,

“What really happened?”

“He was attacked by Charlie. She harms any soul that dares wander into her territory.” Woodie replied.

“I don’t think it was Charlie. She doesn’t exactly use a bow.” Albert replied.

“What do you mean?” Woodie asked.

“I’m not sure but earlier Wendy had a nightmare with Maxwell in it.” He replied.

“Do tell please.” Wickerbottom requested.

“Something about a new chess piece and how things will never be the same again.”

“A new chess piece, eh? Do you think he’s referring to you, Albert?”

“I doubt it. Besides I’ve been in camp for the entire day keeping my sanity. Everyone else saw me here the entire time.”

Wilson lifts up his hand and starts gently writing on the dirt.

“H…”

“U…”

“N…”

“T…”

“E…”

“R…”

“Hunter?” Woodie asks

Wickerbottom opened a book about shadows and started flipping through the pages.

“Ms. Wickerbottom? What are you looking for?” Albert asked

“I’m sure that word sounds familiar.” Wickerbottom said.

“It’s just a word, that describes a person who’s hunting.” Woodie said.

“The page is missing. Something ripped it out.” Wickerbottom sighed.

“Hmm… I think someone does not want us to know this hunter person.” Albert said.

Lucy then spoke “Maybe a hunter was what attacked him.”

Woodie turned around realizing Lucy was on the floor and picked her up.

“Let’s not part again.”

Woodie loves Lucy so much.

Edited by Aundee-D-Cat
  • Like 3

I'm shocked over how short these chapters are. Helps me catch up so I don't have to lag behind. Looking forward to Hunter's development. How long have you been developing the character?

Sorry it took me a bit of time to finally read this.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, minespatch said:

I'm shocked over how short these chapters are. Helps me catch up so I don't have to lag behind. Looking forward to Hunter's development. How long have you been developing the character?

Sorry it took me a bit of time to finally read this.

I've thought about the concept of her since last August. But I had school for a while, so I only recently developed her completely.

Edit:
Also the chapters... Yeah... I've typing them in font size 12. I guess 5 pages of A5 is short on the forums. (It's alright ;) )

Edited by Aundee-D-Cat
  • Like 2

Chapter 3 (Visions)

My head. My body hurts. Where am I? Am I dead? An image flashed in Wilson’s head. A visions flashed in Wilson’s head. The first one was in a forest.

“Promise yourself and me, that you will never betray anyone.” A young boy said.

“I promise.” Another replied.

The scene changed all of a sudden. There were three boys now. One of them unconscious.

“He lost his memory again.”

“Don’t worry he’ll be back to normal in a while.”

The boy touched the head of the unconscious one. And within seconds he was woke up. The scene changed yet again.

“Father no! They can’t send him to the asylum!”

“I’m sorry son. We can’t do anything for him now.”

The scene went dark and the boy was alone, trapped in his room. He was screaming for someone to open the door.

“Father! Let me out! I didn’t mean it!”

The scene changed into a dark place. Why does this place seem so familiar. But these visions are not memories, are they? Or at least not mine. Wilson thought to himself. He couldn’t see the boy’s face anymore but he could hear voices but they were different.

“How could you!”

“I did whatever took to survive!”

“You left her!”

What’s happening here? They’re fighting? I guess one of them broke their promise. The scene didn’t change but one voice was replaced with another.

“The king wants you to hunt down this particular prey.”

That voice. It’s belongs to a guy named Bishop. But… No… It can’t be…

“Bishop, I feel a presence in this room.” the voice of Hunter went.

He hears the running footsteps come closer. Wilson feels the wounds on his body again. But this time he was alone with no one to help him...

Wilson wakes in shock and gasps “HUNTER!”

Albert wakes up in surprise “Where’s the criminal?!” He accidentally hits Wilson with his fist.

“Ouch!”

“Sorry.”

“Watch where you aim your fists! Jeez! Your hands can become a murder weapon one day.”

“Which is, in fact is true.” Albert replied and continued. “How are you feeling?”

“I feel better compared to yesterday.”

“I better go tell the others.”

Albert was about to walk out the tent. When Wilson asked.

“Al, could you help me up?”

“Alright.”

Are these just visions? Or something else?

Edited by Aundee-D-Cat
  • Like 3

Chapter 3 (A little conversation)

Albert grabbed Wilson’s hand and pulled him off the ground. He gave him support and started to walk to outside. Everyone was doing normal things in the world of Don’t Starve way. Wendy was trying to summon Abigail. Webber was getting silk from his spiders without killing them. Wigfrid was on a hunt. Willow was chopping down more trees for firewood. Wolfgang was making a meaty stew. Wickerbottom was looking through her books looking for something. Wes was making animal balloons.

“Haha! It got hurt! Stupid fleshbag!” WX-78 laughed at Wilson.

“Watch it. I might not repair you the next time you’re broken.” Wilson mumbled.

Albert set Wilson on one of the logs near the fire and sat down beside him.

“I’ve never been so happy to see fire.” Wilson whispers.

“Wil. Can I ask you something?”

“Go ahead.”

“What happened last night? I have feeling it wasn’t Charlie and Lucy suggested that this hunter person was the thing that attacked you.”

“Hunter. She sounded like an innocent child at first. All she wanted to play. When the torch went out, I ran as fast I could away from her. She tried to kill me.”

“What stopped her?”

“That’s what bothering me. A person named Bishop stopped her. His voice sounds familiar but I can’t put my finger on it.”

“Don’t stress your brain about it.”

“Fine. I need a distraction from these thoughts.”

“You’ll probably find some experiment for your mind to ponder on.”

“No, I don’t want to do any experiments for the time being.” Wilson replied

“Try taking care of something.”

“What do you mean Albert?”

“You know, a pet.”

“The next thing you’re going to suggest is that I take care of a catcoon.”

“Umm… No. The last time someone brought a catcoon into camp, Wolfgang tried to kill it.”

Wilson sighs. That someone was you, Albert.

“I also had nightmare last night.” Wilson said.

“Funny. I’m usually the one with nightmares. Go on...”

“No thanks, it’s best you don’t know about it.”

“Fine.”

Wilson you keep hiding things...

Edited by Aundee-D-Cat
  • Like 3

Chapter 4 (The Broken Alchemy Engine)

Webber walks over to them.

“Mr. Wilson, I think the Alchemy Engine is broken.”

“Why do you think that, Webber?”

“Because I see little lightning bolts coming out of it and they’re making little fires. I’m trying to put them out but the engine keeps making more.”

“I’ll see what I can do. Just keep putting the fires out.”

Wilson walked over to the Alchemy Engine. Checking for anything broken. His steps on something. He looks at it. Flint? He tucks it into his pocket for later. The tube was also broken. He picked up the tube. He observed the ends. It was too smooth as if it was cut. He went around. The small wheel on the Alchemy Engine was missing among other bolts and a few pieces of iron. He moves over to the other side of the Alchemy Engine. But it was much worse. The other side was covered in arrows. One of them had a piece of papyrus poked into it. It read.

“You can’t hide those secrets forever Wilson. You will have to tell everyone, soon enough.”

What secrets? Wilson looks out into the forest where the arrows came from. For a moment, a pair of eyes looked back it him then disappeared.

“Hunter...” I think that child will be more trouble than a previously thought.  

He looked at the Alchemy Engine. These arrows hit the engine with such accuracy in each weak spot. It took me a while to find its flaws. How could she? Even if she’s blind.

“Wilson. Are you done? Staring into open space.”

“Wha…?” Wilson looks behind him. “Wi-wi-Willow.” He stutters.

“Umm… Wilson, we have another problem.”

“What is it?”

“My lighter is broken.”

“How broken?”

“It’s frozen? I think.”

Willow takes her lighter out and tosses it to Wilson.

“Give it back to me when you fix it.”

Hot! Hot! He juggled the frozen lighter like it was on fire. He accidentally dropped it. Why was it hot?

“Maybe it was magic…” Wilson hears Hunters voice.

Hunter is testing my patience. I best do this somewhere, where no one will see me. He picked up the lighter with using his glove and wrapped the lighter within it. Wilson walked towards the exit of camp. He went into the forest hoping that nobody was following him. I guess this is far enough. He set the lighter on the ground. I can’t believe I’m doing this for Willow. Am I seriously doing this? It’s been a while. Just need to remember the right spell.

Wilson? Are you going to use magic?!

(Yay! Double today! I had extra time.)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Aundee-D-Cat said:

“The next thing you’re going to suggest is that I take care of a catcoon.”

“Umm… No. The last time someone brought a catcoon into camp, Wolfgang tried to kill it.”

Wilson sighs. That someone was you, Albert.

Was that Lady? (I can't remember if that was Quoth's catcoon OC or Aileen's :p )

2 hours ago, Aundee-D-Cat said:

I can’t believe I’m doing this for Willow. Am I seriously doing this? It’s been a while. Just need to remember the right spell.

Ooh, this is interesting. Also, stop complaining Wilson! You like Willow and you know it!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

Was that Lady? (I can't remember if that was Quoth's catcoon OC or Aileen's :p )

Ooh, this is interesting. Also, stop complaining Wilson! You like Willow and you know it!

It could be Lady (or some other random catcoon) but I try not to use other people's OC with specifically asking for them. (I don't want to be blamed for stealing)

Wilson and Willow... (I've got a few surprises just waiting around the corner)

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Aundee-D-Cat said:

It could be Lady (or some other random catcoon) but I try not to use other people's OC with specifically asking for them. (I don't want to be blamed for stealing)

Wilson and Willow... (I've got a few surprises just waiting around the corner)

True.

Ooh, I'm even more intrigued ^_^

On 6/2/2017 at 7:33 AM, minespatch said:

Huh, the machines have a personality?

I wonder if this answers that question...(This is very short)

Chapter 4 (Hunter's Perspective)

Seems like the prey followed the bait. Hunter said while reading a few books. I need to meet with him. She closed her book and hopped of the tree branch. She walked across the checkered flooring. She continued walking in a straight line. She kept looking down. Trying not to stare at Them. When she knocks into somebody.

“Rook!” She exclaims.

“Rook. Where are you going?”

“Somewhere…”

“Uhuh… Well. Can you explain why my Alchemy Engine blueprint is missing?!”

“I have nothing to do with that.” Well I might have used it to break an Alchemy Engine.

“Tell me the truth now! The rest of you may think the king likes me the best but that obviously means I have more work to do! Working every day AND night building his mechanical puppets that replace any other chess piece’s flaws for him!”

“Look, Rook! Not because I’m new doesn’t mean you have to be so mean.”

“Rook! That is enough.”

“Which Rook Bishop?!” they both shout.

“The He, Rook. Leave her alone. Besides, she has business to attend to...”

Hunter just dashed off. Before the other Rook could reply. She dashed out of the throne room. And jumped through a wormhole. She came out somewhere at the edge of survivor’s island. Running in broad daylight. Hiding in her cloak to conceal her identity. In a matter of seconds, she came up to the area where she knew where Wilson was. I'm only doing this because he told me so. I'll be loyal to him no matter what even at the cost my own life.

Hunter is loyal to someone. But who?

• Like 2